Overall Review

2.6

October 28th, 2016
Doctor - get more into showing you really care about your patient!
'New patient' My appointment was for 11:00am at 11:40 I was called in. Over scheduled?? After my vitals were taken and some questions asked, I sat for at least another 20 minutes waiting for the DR. Never briefly went over my past medical information (as I have a heart condition) just right to the problem...aches, cough, fever ~ do you think I have the flu? I don't think so....really doc? There is a test to test for the flu, a swab of the throat. but what do I know? As another patient said, she just disappears.

April 11th, 2016
Left sicker than I showed up!
And I feel sorry for any of her regular patients! I was referred to Chiesa because I outgrew my pediatrician & I needed a PCP. I am still scarred to this day about my first and last visit. The med assistant that took my vitals & weight told me "ooh better watch what you're eating nowadays, getting up there" I'm not sure if she was trying to make a Nasty joke or be sarcastic but I don't apprieciate that when I'm 5'3 119pounds! I always had self image negative thoughts but were never reenforced by someone else like that! As if it could get any worse, when I asked Chiesa what she thought about seeing a counselor for anxiety and stress,she just stared at me disgusted and accused me of "trying to get a script for pills" when I *clearly* just asked for therapeutic counseling. And said the things I was worried/stressed about were "normal things everyone deals with" and I "shouldn't worry so much and breathe" and I would just "be fine" and walked out without saying goodbye or any indication of the examination was over. Needless to say, Worst experience with a "Dr." ever. If I could rate with negative stars I would. Rating: -7 stars.

January 24th, 2016
Dr. Nicolette Chiesa was recommended me to by a co worker as I was new to the area and needed a PCP. On my first visit, she glance over my medical records, which had been forwarded to her, and announced very brusquely that I had a terminal illness. When I replied she must be mistaken, she cut me off and anounced that I was in denial and needed to be referred to a psychologist specializing the terminally ill. I was freaked out and spent the next year going to an oncologist and another specialist, and having many tests, just to be sure she was wrong. She was wrong and I didn't get so much as an apology from Dr. Chiesa. It's 12 yeras later, I'm still fine, but because she caused me so much anguish at the time, I still find myself wondering why she couldn't even be bothered to make sure she had the right person's chart before she dismissed me the way she did.

July 12th, 2015
AWFUL DOCTOR!
This "Dr." has absolutely no bedside manners, same with her staff. I also strongly believe she has not cracked open a medical book since she graduated. There are no morals here at all.

November 7th, 2012
no bed side manner at all
not a caring dr at all, not there for the patients needs, very rude and ignorant. She has been like this with 4 different people now.

May 20th, 2012
I had an excellent experience with Dr. Chiesa. She did not make me wait more than 10 mins and spent 45 plus mins listening to all my health problems. I found her very easy to talk to. someone from the office called a couple of days later and told me she was the case manager for me and if I needed anything to just call her. She also stated she would follow-up in 2 weeks to see how I was doing! I thought this was a very nice touch! All staff that we came in contact with were very nice and friendly. I would highly reccommend this doctor and/or Practice.

February 22nd, 2012
horrible doctor
I saw this physician (I assume she has a M.D. degree)on two occasions. If there is a worse, more insensitive, unprofessional doctor in the Pittsburgh area, we are all in trouble. I can not think of one nice comment to make about her. How she remains in practice is beyond me. Lord help us all.

February 8th, 2012
In The Wrong Profession
My husband and and I chose Nicolette Chiesa as our PCP when we moved back to the area. The decision was based solely on geographical convenience and that she was in our network. Biggest mistake ever. She is rude, resents being asked questions, talks about other patients with office staff right outside of exam room where you are left waiting for long periods of time and does not hide the fact that she isn't the least bit interested your health. My biggest gripe is that she always walks out of the exam room with no closure to the appointment - she doesn't even say, "Goodbye." An office staff person. Once had to ask me why I was still in the exam room. It was because the "doctor" just walked out without indicating she was finished. It's clearly her way of dodging questions and having to do her job. The office staff are always outside smoking and smell awful when they come to weigh you or take your temperature our blood pressure. I once asked one of them to please explain my blood pressure reading to me and she said, "I have no idea what it means, I just take the numbers." Then she walked out of the room. We wait to the most wonderful doctor in the West Penn- Allegheny system two years ago and he has really opened our eyes as to what an unprofessional doctor Nicolette Chiesa is. He ALWAYS shakes your hand upon entering and when leaving the exam room and only when he is satisfied that he has done his job.. I would not recommend Dr. Chiesa.

July 7th, 2011
LONG TIME PATIENT
I have been a patient of Dr. Chiesa's since she first starting practising medicine in an office in Greentree. She has always solved my health problems. I like a doctor that tells you like it is. If something is not her expertise she will tell you and refer you to a specialist to handle it. I trust her with my life, and have. I have read the other reviews and can only assume they came in with an attitude or wanted something she could not supply. Like illegal drug scripts. As for her mistreating male patients I have never seen it. I'm a male and she has always been very nice to me. Over the years there has been some bad staff members at the Bridgeville office. They don't seem to last very long though. That is not a reflection on her abilities as a doctor. It is just a staffing problem at the time. I recommend her to everybody I know who needs a good doctor. Treat her and everybody else on this planet the way you want to be treated and everything will be fine.

June 9th, 2011
8 years and I won't go back
ALWAYS condescending. Questions any answer as if I'm making up my issues. Always ready to refer me to a crony with the same attitude. Dr Chiesa is a very smart person but her moral compass is way off. I believe she is better suited to be a state worker than a Dr. She should get her own house in order before passing judgment on her patient that truly seek her help.Walking out on me in mid sentence was the last straw. I will miss Dr Mcfarland but I must look for a practice with more consistency.

May 26th, 2011
Excellent!
I have been a patient of this office for years. I see the type of people that come in to see McFarland so I can imagine the people that are writing these reviews about the office. Dr. Chiesa is a fantastic dr who tells you like it is and if you have a real problem will be more than happy to take care if you. But if your coming in just to get some drugs she'll kick you out! All the girls in the office are wonderful. I have always gotten refills called in right away and my test results the next day. If your nice to them, they are nice back. I couldn't imagine having their job and putting up with people that have attitudes like those that post on this board.

May 20th, 2011
A bad people person
I have been a patient of this office for over ten years. Chiesa is not my pcp but when my Dr. (Mcfarland) is not in and I need to be seen I have went to her several times. She seems to want to always degrade me and make me feel less than human. There was one time she was nice and did a fine job and I was shocked. It seems as though she does not like men as a lot of my male friends say the same thing - " she should not be dealing with the public - nor should she practice medicine"The office staff that sit at the reception desk are also very incompetent and very unprofessional. I truly believe they do not care about people and just want the money. They never tell you about the results of any testing you got done , nor can they ever find any important medical records- they do not want to work. The girls that take your BP and draw blood are fine. The problem is the front desk staff and Chiesa. You can also tell when Chiesa is there - the lobby is empty!!!My recommendation is to see Dr. Mcfarland in the same practice- but do not go to Chiesa if you are a male. This is my honest opinion