Dr. Nieva Duque-Salva MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

October 21st, 2016
She's right for me!
Dr. Duque has been my ob/gyn for over 20 years. She is sharp as a tack! She delivered my two kids and has cared for me since 1995. I love her! I feel like she treats me like an adult during my visit. When you have questions and need more time to talk, she is available. Her staff is competent and professional. I have never had a bad experience in this practice. Take ownership of you healthcare and be frank with your providers about your needs and you will get the results you want/need. Let's face it, pelvis exams are not anyone's favorite thing, and I don't expect to like it. What I do expect is for my doctor to know what she is doing and that is what you will get with Dr. Duque (The Duke).

November 8th, 2015
She was very rushed, gave rough and forceful physical examinations and discouraged discussions of circumstances that may be exacerbating existing conditions. The office staff is uninformed, pushy and disorganized. I tried to schedule an appointment because I was experiencing major pain that kept me from going to work, but the office staff tried to prevent me from scheduling an appointment until I had results from tests the doctor ordered but later admitted were unnecessary on a subsequent visit. They wouldn't let me leave the office without scheduling a visit six months out, never gave any sorts of reminders and charged a fee for not making the appointment.

November 2nd, 2015
the best of the best

July 1st, 2015
Horrible experience. Both visits, she completely ignored my concerns, dismissed all of my issues as being "natural", without even so much as letting me finish a sentence. I am now on my second type of birth control that she has prescribed, abd yet again, my hair is falling out a rapid rate, as it was before. I had tried to tell her that the level or hormones in the BC was the cause of hair loss, and she told me I was wrong and that is was natural; it was not. I know my body better than any doctor, and for her to rush through my appointment and treat me like a moron because I am not a doctor, is completely unacceptable. I am a very smart, intuitive person, and when something is wrong, I expect my doctor to listen. If you value your health, look for a different doctor who actually listens and cares.

March 23rd, 2015
Very nasty woman
This woman is horrid. She is mean-spirited, and enjoys causing pain. Without any warning, she uses TWO fingers for a very painful rectal exam. Never go to her. Avoid at all costs.

January 13th, 2015
Bad personality and priorities
Dr. Nieva Duque clearly prioritizes her pregnant patients over those with birth control needs. Poor.

December 16th, 2013
A Patient of the Best
Dr. Duque has been my doctor for more than 24 yrs. In January, 2013 she delivered our second generation, my granddaughter. I can think of no other doctor that I would recommend to my daughter. Dr. Duque does not need to win a personality contest to be an excellent doctor. Although in my eyes she has a very pleasant personality. Many times she moves through her day at a fast pace. However, she has a full schedule and I respect that. She is conservative and accurate with her diagnosis; can be painfully honest; does care about her patients and has my confidence and respect.

July 5th, 2013
My first experience with Dr. Duque-Salva left me in tears, not because of her bedside manner (which is none) or her demeanor (which is rude) or the amount of time spent with me in the exam room (very little) but because of the roughness of the pelvic exam. She jammed and poked and prodded me as if I had no feeling in my pelvic/abdominal area and it was painful and uncomfortable. If you are looking for a caring female doctor who will be gentle, explanatory, and understanding, this is not the doctor for you.

July 25th, 2012
NO BEDSIDE MANNER
I'm a first time mom who is nervous, anxious, etc. I expected more of a gentle approach. Dr. gave no eye contact, was not gentle or friendly, and I felt like a number. Exam took 5 min and it ended with a congratulations. I will not return to nor recommend this Dr. I thought over 40 yrs of experience was a no brainer but I think this dr. is out of touch especially first time moms.

August 3rd, 2011
WORST DOCTOR I MET EVER.VERY RUDE.
SO RUDE AND JUST IMPOLITE.ELT LIKE GIVING HER ONE ATER SHE CHECKED ME AS I I WERE AN ANIMAL.DONT GO TO HER EVER.EVEN THE NURSE IS TOO OLD AND UNHIGENIC.TOO CROWDED GOD KNOWS WHY.DONT GO TO HER.

January 15th, 2010
I think she's wonderful
I have been going to Dr. Duque-Salva for over 20 years now. I know she can be a little brusque at times, but I absolutely love her. I don;t need my doctor to hold my hand, I just want her to do my exam, tell me if there's something she is concerned about, and follow up. She does all of those well. She tells me I'm too heavy but I am, so she's just telling the truth. (Maybe the truth hurt the reviewer who said she "insulted" her weight). And as for not telling you what she's going to do - for God's sake ladies, she's a GYN. You KNOW what she's going to do. Toughen up! She is a straight shooter, and I appreciate that in my doctors.

November 11th, 2009
Dr. Duque-Salva had a very harsh bedside manner. She was not gentle at all, she made me feel extremely uncomfortable, and she did not give me any notice in advance about what she was going to do. If you want to be in and out quickly and dont care about being made to feel comfortable, she is a fine doctor. However, if your doctor's bedside manner is important to you, you should go elsewhere.