Dr. Nigel Spier Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Nigel Spier?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

February 7th, 2017

Delivered My Baby

Now he is my Dr. Great, friendly, listens to issues and staff is amazing too!!

October 13th, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Spier for many years. He delivered both of my children (naturally) with zero complications. Besides from being extremely knowledgeable in his field I find him to be very warm and personable, an important quality to have given the nature of this specific physician-patient relationship. I find it absurd that reviewers expressed discontent regarding wait times in the office. He is after all an O.B and is likely DELIVERING A BABY! With that being said I personally have never waited more than 15 minutes for an appointment. I hope this review is helpful to any new patient considering Dr. Spier.

August 25th, 2015

Dr. Spier and his staff are always professional and caring.

August 15th, 2015

My overall experience was excellent. The office staff was very polite and helpful; Dr. Spier made me feel very comfortable during the appointment and I would recommend him to others.

June 17th, 2015

Doctor who ignored insurance company rules

This is not a doctor. This office cash ransomware. After they are paid by my insurance, they demand more without explanation of reasons. While insurance companies say that it is not legal. But the doctor ignores the rules

Doctor's Response

I'm not sure why I feel compelled to respond to this kind of review, but I simply can't ignore these kind of comments. I served for several years as Chair of the Managed Care Committee and Grievance Committee for the Broward County Medical Association, prior to my tenure as President in 2008. During that time, I championed the cause of patient advocacy in dealing with unfair practices by both healthcare providers and insurance companies. Anyone who knows anything about me as a physician and a person knows that the comments above could not be further from the truth. If a patient does not understand their benefits and responsibilities with their insurance plan, our staff will happily spend the time to review and explain it to you, as they do on a daily basis. I appreciate the opportunity to share my perspectives and philosophy regarding billing practices that this comment, as misplaced as it may be, has provided.

SHOW

December 4th, 2014

He's Amazing

I've been with Dr. Spier since I was pregnant with my first child (she turned 18 in Oct '14) and he's been amazing. He's always made time to answer any questions and alleviate any concerns I've had. He's very professional but is also very warm and friendly. I absolutely adore him and his staff is just as amazing. Teresa, Tiffany, and Lee just make me feel like I'm the most important person when I'm there. I love them to pieces!!

October 20th, 2014

Probably a good OB, not a stellar GYN

On both occasions that I saw Dr. Spier, I waited well over an hour past my appointment time. When it was finally my turn to see him, he seemed distracted and not interested in my health problem. I am sure that he is a great OB, as I could tell by the enthusiastic thank you notes from several mothers on the walls in his office. But, if you are looking for a GYN to help you with a gynecological problem, I urge you to find someone else.

October 15th, 2014

Patient's mom

Writing a review for this doctor is so important. Warning future moms about the potential lack of flexibility and rudeness is critical. My daughter was referred to this doctor as a first time mom new to the Miami area. My daughter had questions that the doctor did not address and my daughter was not granted the dignity of open discussion and plan of treatment during the pregnancy process and labor and delivery. This doctor not only wouldn't return calls, he chose not to visit her and the baby on the last day in the hospital for proper discharge (something the nurses said was never done) and told the nurse "oh she is fine leaving on her own". We waited in the hospital room for 4 hours for his visit and he never showed. The hospital staff was appalled. His own office staff agreed with his inappropriate phone ettiquette. This is one doctor that does not stand up to his medical promise to be a Good Samaritan that provides decent care to anyone in need. Watch out before chosing Dr.Spier for your care.

Doctor's Response

I take these reviews and concerns very seriously. I think that in itself is an indication of the kind of practice and relationship I strive to achieve with my patients. However, this review is very uncharacteristic for my practice and does not resemble any recent interaction that I can recall. As I read it, I almost wondered if the representation here may have been meant for another practice. I have had the same staff for over ten years, and receive compliments regularly for their phone etiquette, care, patience and compassion. I think that speaks volumes. Unfortunately, there are some situations where expectations may simply not be realistic. Or patients may have perceptions or questions about a given situation that may have been formed out of access to limited or inaccurate information. I make my best effort in every instance to educate and communicate to my patients the most current, clinically sound and academically accurate information. Despite my best efforts, I recognize that some patients may not like the answer they get, or simply may not appreciate what they are being told. Nevertheless, both I and my staff endeavor in every instance to accommodate our patients needs, and will continue to do so.

SHOW

April 4th, 2014

Truly the Best Dr

Dr Spier is truly the best dr I have ever seen. He is caring, compassionate and has the patients best interest at heart. I recently had my first child delivered by him and I honestly couldn't have done it with out him.

January 15th, 2014

Pleasantly Surprised

I started seeing Dr. Spier at the beginning of my pregnancy. I thought he was a little dry and not really a "people person". Fast forward to the end of my complicated pregnancy at the hospital. He took control of my case, held the nurses and hospital accountable for their short comings and came to see me every single day, not to mention the numerous calls he received in the middle of the night from the nurses about my condition, and he answered every single one! If I wasn't happy about something in the hospital all I would have to do was mention his name and the staff would jump through hoops to make me happy. Very impressed with him and will continue to see him.

August 5th, 2013

1 st visit to DR.Nigel Spier,MD

I scheduled my appointment online, which was so easy. I rec'd an answer within 24hrs of my request. Once I was at the office I completed my paperwork and then waited probably 10 mins. The nurse took me to the lab and took vitals and the had me wait in a exam room where the doctors came in an introducted himself and then asked about my history. After that he then had me change into a gown and came back to exam me. I was there about a an 1 hour. Not too bad for a new patient. I will definatley return for my yearly exams.

August 1st, 2013

Doctor needs to be more informed

Aside from the little time he spends with a patient, it seems as if he does not review his files before seeing the patient. It would be nice to also feel like he cares we are there and not take us patients for granted. It is scary that if we do not ask the questions, he does not realize the existing problems. Nice guy but needs to change his attention and way he makes patient feel. Don't ignore a spouse either for it seems he blocks a dad out of what's going on in a visit.