Dr. Nihal De Silva MD Patient Reviews

3.3

• Good
  • Bad

April 23rd, 2016
Very easy to talk to, very cordial in and out the office. His staff (wife) is a sweet heart and very accommodating when my memory failed me. His practice is based on treating the symptoms so there is no couch or paying by the hour. He does offer alternative medicine in the form of acupuncture.

May 20th, 2014
best care anywhere
dr desilva is a carig dr. i have been to many psyciatrists and had to change several times. he sees me on time and has never turned me away. if i called him, he always made sure i was able to see him. he came into the office when i was having a bad attack. he makes sure the meds he puts you on are the ones that will help you in the best way. he had to change my meds a few times cause they either stopped working or i had a reaction to them. he always made sure i was helped whether it was scheduled or not. i thank god i found him. even when he wasn't taking my insurance, he helped me. he knew i needed the help. he will always be my doctor no matter where i move. thank you

May 15th, 2014
Mrs.
I have been seeing Dr. DeSilva for over 7 years for depression. He has always been "there" for me, night or day. I can't that about too many doctors. He understands the changes it can go through and carefully, ever so carefully monitors my medications. He has seen me through family illnesses, deaths, days of feeling so low I can't think straight. And we talk about things until I can handle each situation. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. DeSilva.

December 4th, 2012
Terrible
I can't even bring myself to call him a Doctor! De Silva is nothing more than a drug dealer! If you care about your well being or a loved ones well being please find other options!!!

November 30th, 2011
I can only say that I entered his office a total mess, severe depression and so many other things going on that it would take too long to write. Before the first med ever went down my throat, Dr. DeSilva had spoken to and comforted me in a manner that eased my pain. I could at least understand where I was at and was ready to proceed with treatment, understanding what to expect. He has constantly monitored and changed, on occasion, what medications I have had to take. He is always concerned, and not just a facade, a genuine caring man who I will never be able to thank enough for giving me back my life.

October 30th, 2011
Wonderful Professional
I have been seeing Dr. DeSilva for years and even thought I now live about 45 minutes away from his office I haven't thought about changing doctors. He has great hours catered to working professionals, he is very helpful, and he does his best to work with your insurance company and prescription plan. There is little to no wait time at his office and his staff is a pleasure to see and speak with. He has easily adjusted my treatment to account for changes in my lifestyle- new jobs, returning back to school, personal stressors, etc. He addresses every issue or question with professional responses and I have felt no problem whatsoever in discussing my personal life and problems with him. He is also available on short notice in case of emergencies and he checks his voice mail frequently. I have no issue in recommending him to others.

May 13th, 2011
In it for the money..
Your entire visit with him is approximately 5 mins. (or however long it takes to write out RX). He's uncaring and even takes phone calls as he's writing out your Rx.Stopped going to him when he screwed up my meds.

January 15th, 2017