A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Nikhil Kansal:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Nikhil Kansal, MD is board certified in Surgery and Vascular Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Dr. Kansal is currently the principal investigator at the San Diego VA Hospital for the Open Versus Endovascular Repair of Aneurysm Trial (OVER trial). He is fully trained in various aspects of endovascular intervention and surgery
Education & Awards
Dr. Kansal graduated from University of Miami .
Dr. Kansal has 11 hospital affiliations:
- UC San Diego Health System
- Promise Hospital San Diego
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Kansal accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 77 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 5 plans
- Humana - 7 plans
- Cigna - 5 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Nikhil Kansal practice?
Dr. Nikhil Kansal practices Surgery, Vascular Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Brighton, MA.
Additional practice locations include: Quincy, MA and San Diego, CA.
See Brighton Surgeons and Brighton Cardiothoracic Surgeons.