Dr. Nikhil Shah DO Patient Reviews

• Urology Atlanta, GA

• Good
  • Bad

June 16th, 2017
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Shah and Lena. Very professional and caring in all they did for me. And my recovery was well ahead of the typical expectations, with ABSOLUTELY NO male related problems.

June 8th, 2016
God Complex - Horrible
I found out that I had a kidney stone incidentally on an x-ray. It wasn't causing me any obvious issues but a doctor friend suggested I go get it checked out. I was referred to Dr. Shah by this friend. At first meeting, Dr. Shah comes across as a gods gift/ a rock star in his his field. I was told in that first meeting that I needed to go through a lithotripsy to destroy this stone or that it would cause me a lot of problems, etc. I didn't know any better at that time and went for a sugery after going through a renal scan. The day of the surgery, he walked in like a 'rock star', zapped my body with this laser and exclaimed to my family that 'we got it!'...that stone is history. I went home in excruciating pain and bleeding from the laser. A couple of weeks follow scan showed the stone exactly in the same place now with scarring around it because of the laser. When I spoke to him in the office, he mentioned that "yeah...it's still there...i spoke to a few fellow docs and we believe we may have to do a surgery to excise it"...um no. After that, he never really wanted to discuss anything. I noticed on my insurance claims that he charged upwards of $50,000 for that 'surgery'. Anyway, he absolutely needed to be sued for malpractice. He is absolutely AWFUL! I went in for a second opinion to an Emory specialist who after looking at the scan first said...well let me go in there laproscopically and see if I can find it and if i do, i'll zap it. He spend 2 hours in my surgery looking for that stone. After I woke up, he said that the stone is nowhere it can be reached and there is no reason to mess with it. He also said it's embedded in your kidney and won't come out and will remain asymptomatic for the rest of my life. There you have it.....a incidental finding led to a doctor that screwed me over to a doctor who patiently took his time to look and see and then decide how to proceed. Looking at Dr. Shah's face makes me angry.

July 14th, 2015
Great surgeon and doctor
Very likable person and has a great way to explain the treatment procedure and the options, in a manner that will be clear and be understood even by any person.

July 9th, 2015
My family member was diagnosed with prostatic cancer in 2014 and underwent robotic surgery. He was told day of surgery he was "cancer free". Not true. When path came back he ended up having to have radiation. Ever since surgery he has had problems. He has called Dr. Shah's office numerous times to speak to him regarding his symptoms. Dr. Shah has never returned his calls. He had a colonoscopy recently and found out that during his robotic procedure the MD damaged some nerves. I do not recommend robotic surgery. Please get a second opinion and explore other options. Concerned family member....

February 14th, 2015
Great result!
Absolutely 100% positive experience. Robotic prostate removal. Surgery went EXACTLY as planned, recovery was FASTER than I expected. Absolutely none of the surgical side effects men fear so much, no pain meds after surgery just a speedy recovery and no more cancer after 3 full years. I have a friend who had the same surgery in another state with another doctor. My friend had a good result but NOT the quality result I had. Cannot say enough positive about Dr. Shah and the entire staff at Piedmont.

December 28th, 2011
Review of my experience with Dr. Shah
Very simply, outstanding experience with him. He really cares and takes great pleasure in delivering successful prognosis. All doctors should have his bedside manner and his compassionate methods.

November 12th, 2010
EXCELLENT DOCTOR
My experience was excellent this time. The first time, a little long wait, and show on Doctor's time but this time Dr. Shah took about 30 minutes to explain what was happening and helped me understand the methodical process that he was suggested taking before a potential for surgery. He wanted to look at all options before he did something invasive. Great experience.

November 3rd, 2010
Robotic Prostate Cancer Surgery October 2010
I would highly recommend Dr.Nikhil Shah to everyone, he is very skillful and intelligent doctor for Robotic Prostate Cancer surgery, he reviews patient information and explains all details to patient & their family which gives mental ease to patient & their family to get ready for the surgery. After surgery he talks with patient & their family how the surgery went and his bedtime manners is excellent. I had little pain after few days of surgery due to drinking of more water, he took the best effort to diagonise the problem and explain the problem to me,also his after surgery care is very good and answers all questions I had. The Best Doctor to go for Robotic Prostate Cancer surgery.

June 16th, 2017