Dr. Nikola Nenadovich MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 6th, 2016
Still the Best
He was so nice and really helped me understand what was wrong with my back. Fantastic, worth the wait!

February 4th, 2016
The REAL DEAL!
The nicest doctor you will ever meet. He took so much time explaining to my neck problem to me. I know some people complain about having to wait to see him and I was a little aggravated with him at first too, but now that I have met him I can see why everyone wants to see him, which explains why we have to wait sometimes. He was so thorough in his exam, he explained my MRI to me in detail and exactly why my neck and arm were hurting so badly. I ended up having to have surgery, but he used a new cervical disc replacement on me now its like I never even had a problem. I am so blessed to have found him. A couple other local doctors want to FUSE my neck at multiple levels! I cant imagine where I would be if I hadn't chose to stick around and wait a little bit to see a Dr. Nick. He's REAL DEAL people!

September 25th, 2015
Be prepared to wait at least 1 1/2 hours!
I have been to two appointments so far and the wait has been over 1 1/2 hours for both! By the time the doctor gets to me I am upset about the wait on top of being in pain.

November 4th, 2013
Confused
Wait time is ridiculous. I waited 2 hours the last visit. Not enough time is built in by the schedulers to allow for the time Dr. N. spends with patients. If they are not going to schedule properly, then they need to make calls to patients so that time from work or other activities can be dealt with. His nurse (in Portage) and the PA are great. His nurse in Chesterton is rude and disrespectful. Not sure I can respond to whether or not my condition is being dealt with properly since he is jumping to another diagnosis right now with me. Back pain is just frustrating. He does spend time and he does listen..

October 30th, 2013
Nice Doctor
I appreciate how busy Dr. Nenadovich is which makes me feel confident that he is a good doctor but the wait time has been 2 + hours for the 3 visits I have had with him. Maybe they could call ahead to let you know of the wait time. I had to leave work early for my appt. and could have finished out my day. He is a very caring doctor and genuinely seems concerned with your problems. Just be sure to allow time for the appointment.

July 2nd, 2013
Superior NWI Spine Specialist
I cannot believe that I finally found a board certified spine surgeon in the NW Indiana area who actually was trained at one of the countries premier spine fellowship programs in Syracuse NY. I found him not only to be very pleasant, but he was very considerate of my neck and arm pain complaints. I had some weakness in my left triceps and he explained my neck MRI to me in great detail so I understood where the problem was coming from. He explained that studies show that prolonged muscle weakness from a pinched nerve can become permanent. I had the weakness for several weeks without improvement so WE decided that an outpatient minimally invasive surgery to replace the bad disc was in my best interest. I had the procedure performed as soon as I could and was out of the hospital and back home and virtually pain free in a few days. I doing so much better now, my arm feels great and my strength has almost completely returned. I'm so grateful for Dr. Nenadovich and his staff. Now I know why so many educated patients recommend him so highly and say he is the one of the nations best spine surgeons. I hope he never leaves the area, we need more doctors like him.

March 25th, 2011
Great Back Doctor
I just cant say enough about Dr. Nenadovich and his staff. They are great, I heard some people complaining in the lobby about having to wait a while, but when your really in pain and you want to see the best doctor in the Midwest you may have to wait a little bit. Give him a break people, this is the doctor that everyone wants to get into, so just be glad your on his schedule. There are more people who want to see him than there is time on his schedule. Would you rather he be right on time and only spend two minutes with you like most other doctors?

September 10th, 2010
My personal experience
Dr. was very caring and has an awesome bedside manner. He really listened to me when i was explaining my pain and frustation! He really spent the time i needed with me to make sure i understood everything and all my options. He did an excellent job on my back surgery even after i saw 2 other dr's including a specialist at rush who was incorrect about my diagnosis. He did an excellent job of explaining my problem and even showing me my mri so i totally understood what was wrong with my back. I would definitly refer him to friends and family!

July 12th, 2010
Excellent Surgeon
Dr. Nenadovich is a very compassionate spine surgeon. When I saw him for my back and leg pain he knew exactly what needed to be done. I had develope ...

June 14th, 2010
Can't say enough about how great this Dr. is.
I was treated by Dr. Nenadovich in 2007. I had a sudden, acute and excruciating pain in my lower back that rendered me incapable of walking. I was rushed to the hospital in Indianapolis, since that's where I was living at the time, where they didn't do that much for me. The took a couple of X-rays which turned out to be taken incorrectly. Days and days went by before an MRI was ordered when they discovered that my L5 vertebrae was fractured into 3 pieces. I was rushed into Dr. Nenadovich's office in Chesterton (at this point I was taken back home where my parents live in Valparaiso) where he quickly looked over the MRI, took further X-rays, and conducted a series of strength tests on my leg, which was literally dying. It turns out the L5 vertebrae had collapsed onto my sciatic nerve and was slowly pinching off my nerve to the point that my right leg was dying. Dr. Nenadovich had me in emergency surgery the very next morning where 4 screws and 2 rods were placed into my lower back to create a fusion to stabilize my spine.During 10 days when no one really seemed to care that much about getting me the care that I needed, I then stumbled upon Dr. Nenadovich who literally saved my ability to walk. He is extremely competent, very caring about the welfare of his patients. He was in the hospital every day to check on me and talk with me. He spent plenty of time with me both in the hospital and in the office. After discharging me from the hospital, he gave me his beeper number in case any sudden issues or questions came up, which they did. One of the pain medications that was prescribed I ended up being allergic to. At about 10:00 at night, he was beeped and returned the call within 5 minutes. He then called in a prescription to a local pharmacy which was ready 15 minutes later.He's a fantastic and extremely competent doctor and surgeon. Do NOT hesitate to go to this doctor and know that you are getting top rate care.

June 13th, 2010
excellent Dr
As a therapist who sees alot of Dr nenavodich patients and as a patient myself for low back pain, i cannot rate him high enough.

June 6th, 2010
Very Good
I went to this doctor over a year ago for a severely herniated disc. I had developed a "foot drop" in my left foot as well as excruciating pain all the way down my left leg. Dr. Nenadovich quickly realized the severity of the problem and with one look at my MRI, he confirmed his diagnosis. I had a left, L4-5 disc herniation that was pinching a nerve root. He carefully explained that this was a very serious condition and the nerve needed to be decompressed quickly or most likely I would have permanent nerve damage and would likely have permanent weakness in my left foot. I agreed to have the disc bulge surgically removed by a minimally invasive micro discectomy procedure. We did the surgery the next day and when I woke up the pain in my leg was gone and a couple weeks later I was back at work. Thank God I got to Dr. Nenadovich as quickly as I did or I would still be limping on my left foot. Dr. Nenadovich was caring and compassionate, he and his staff made sure I understood everything before the surgery and his nurse (Renee)even called my wife when I got home from the hospital to see how I was doing. Excellent Doctor! Excellent staff! You cant go wrong with Dr. Nenadovich.