A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Nikolaos Scarmeas:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Nikolaos Scarmeas is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Alzheimer Disease
- Cognition Disorders
- Genetic Predisposition to Disease
- Memory Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Scarmeas graduated from University Of Athens. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Scarmeas has 7 hospital affiliations:
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
- New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Scarmeas accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 13 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 3 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Nikolaos Scarmeas practice?
Dr. Nikolaos Scarmeas practices Neurology near New York, NY.
See New York Neurologists.