Dr. Nikolas Golosow MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

October 12th, 2015
Not Good
This physician put me on a prescription for ZYPREXA in 2002 without telling me about the horrible side effects. I gained 60 pounds in just a few months. I was unable to loose that weight for years and then only with the help of hormones. After loosing the weight, thanks to the hormone therapy, weight I now have enlarged male breasts, varicose veins in my legs and loose skin on my face neck and body.

January 19th, 2014
This Doctor is Not Retired!
I have been seeing Dr. Golosow for 5 years. He prescribes only after seeing each patient for approximately 15 minutes every 3 months. He dispenses at 3 locations and his patient load must be close to 100 per week. He has had a productive career and was head of Arapahoe/Douglas, but is definitely not retired, although far beyond the age. I have only seen him at one location: The Center for Behavior at Porter. Sometimes he seems irritable and unwell. The staff there is older, too, and when absent, he allows a staff member to prescribe. It does not seem that after 5 years, I am known or my case remembered by him or the woman he allows to prescribe in his absence. They do see recovering addicts there, but cannot separate them from the non addicts. Every patient is seen as a drug seeking individual. Rude is not near a strong enough word for the behavior of this doctor at times and one of his staff. On the phone, it is upsetting with one woman giving instructions and then another taking over the call abruptly. It is chaotic at best. It all depends on the day and the mood. If they are busy and cannot reach "doctor", one ends up with no refill, even though the patient has followed instructions. Their behavior this past week has resulted in my going through a withdrawal. I would not recommend Dr. Golosow to anyone at this location. He seems ill, has a huge case load, and truly needs to retire. I will not be returning.