Dr. Nilima Mamtora MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Anaheim, CA

3.3

May 31st, 2016
She has been my obgyn since my 1st pregnancy back in 2010... She delivered both my children 2011 & 2013.. Shes the best!

May 5th, 2016
Best OBGY Doctor
She is a great doctor and has great staff !!

September 17th, 2015
There were ants in the office near where the blood and urine samples were. The office is filthy.

April 15th, 2015
aweful aweful aweful!!!!!!!! I didn't mind the fact that the office was full, or that it was in a small little building in a residential neighborhood... but when i went to sign in with her receptionist, i had a glance at the doctors office.... piled high with papers falling all over the place... I thought "scary"! i mean, a doctor who's dealing with your lady parts should at least be more organized... I thought, "well, i need to see her for a check up" so i went forward with it... the 40 minute wait didn't even bother be... or how busy the receptionist was... i understood they were really busy and these kinds of clinics usually are.... finally, as the nurse took my blood pressure and weight, i noticed all these plastic cups, just open on a tray behind me filled with urine samples and marked with a sharpie marker.... like a kids party where everyone gets there own plastic cup with their name on it.. i mean, what if one got nocked over... my thoughts: "contamination". And who really wants to sit there and look at all that pee.... i mean, is this the 70s? When i went in to the lab room, there was an unlabeled sample bottle of some dark brown substance, casually placed on the desk in the room where i was meant to do a biopsy.... gross! The doctor was rough and brash with me while doing the biopsy. it was painful and she was not reassuring! it was the worst OBGYN experience of my life! i left crying! when the doctor left the room, she left my samples on the same desk, and with out even writing my name on it or labeling it. who was to collect this? sort it? send it to the lab? i was truly concerned!!!! I would not recommend this doctor on the sole reason that her office is very dirty and unorganized!!!!!! she has bad bedside manner and the fact that she has a busy office doesn't mean she can treat people harshly and like numbers. needless to say, i will be seeking a new OBGYN and a second opinion!!!!

August 1st, 2012
She is a busy busy woman but she takes care of you! I recomend her to anyone that I know is pregnant. Great OB.

January 2nd, 2012
Dr. Mamtora is very skilled and caring. Her care is better than other doctors I have seen and I drive very far to see her because she is the best doctor I have found. Keep in mind that the polls like these often attract extremely negative minded opinions. I highly recommend this doctor.

December 12th, 2011
Lousy communication
my fiance was a patient of Dr Mamtora and had to get a D&C due to a miscarriage and Dr Mamtora started off by not communicating accurately with admitting at the hospital, and the hospital staff did NOT appreciate that. The pre-op staff didn't get adequate communication from her as well, and I spoke with the doctor about communication as I am ex-military Medical Corps, and she couldn't even get it through her head how important communication was, could not follow through on a prescription that was supposed to be done, and even lied about my fiance being in the recovery room when she was NOT.

October 23rd, 2011
Too many patients
Every time I go for my appointment, there are patient waiting there all the time, she breezes through them quickly even though the wait time is still long. My comment about this doctor is the amount of time she spends with her patient. I suggest Dr. Mamtora takes time to listen to her patient to make an accurate diagnosis. When my turn came up it was brief about 5 minutes, my questions were not answered and she did not even offered me any pamphlet, or booklet when she kept commenting how fat I am. I did ask some advise, she told me to drink lots of juices and water. In a way I left her office disappointed.

August 22nd, 2011
Great doctor
Professional gynecologist - accurate in diagnose, great surgeon, request proper tests - quickly identifies what is necessary, so you do not need to waste your time on numerous visits as it happens with other doctors. Office is dirty, carpets on the floor - complete disaster. In my opinion there suppose to be no carpets in any medical office for safety reasons. Waiting time is long, but who cares if you need a proper diagnosis and treatment. You need some effort to find out the details, doctor is very busy, but if you you insist then all details will be provided.

July 27th, 2011
Terrible Staff
The staff is horrific. They do a terrible job. I sat on hold with them for 30 minutes. They are rude and inconsiderate. Avoid this office at all costs!

June 5th, 2011
If you have options for other doctors, go there!
This doctor makes you wait a long time. She is never on time, she is always elsewhere when you need her the most. Her diagnosis is never accurate, and she spends little time with you and your concern. Mamtora is more of a quantity doctor than a quality doctor, because of the time she gives to all her patient, she misdiagnose my condition causing me to abort my baby when there would have been other avenues she should have offered me. Try this doctor at your own risk but I would not endorse her to family and friends.

March 25th, 2011
I found her to be very comforting and understanding of a very personal problem I discussed with her.