Dr. Nilofar Islam MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.0

March 4th, 2015
Dr. Islam performed an ablation on my heart several years ago to keep my heart from going into afib. It worked and I have not had another problem

December 11th, 2014
I had a pacemaker implant at another location but due to travel time and hazards during winter months, I wnated something closer to home. Dr. Islam was supposed to make some minor adjustments to my pacemaker programming but shut off the bottom driver which nearly cost me my life. I was sick to the point I was vomitting violently for nearly a week, even though another doctor in the facility corrected the issue on the third day because my body was so disrupted during that time , it took a few more days to return to normal. She actually told me that I know nothing about the way the heart and pacemakers work because I was not a doctor. She also stated that no one in the world needs programming in the pacemaker to ensure the bottom chamber of the heart beats normally. ( in fact, about .5% of the people in the US who have pacemakers actually have this option). I had told her not to change that and let her modify other items only after she promised not to change this. When she got done, I told her I did not feel good and she told me it was just my body adjusting to the lower pacing rate of the pacemaker. I did not make it home from the office before I had to pull over and vomit 3 different times. She refused to change this back and I had to threaten a law suit to get the group to schedule me with a doctor who would fix the issue.

September 16th, 2011
I would highly recommend this physician.