Dr. Nilufer Guleyupoglu MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.4

January 12th, 2016
Dr. G has helped me immensely in dealing with the severe arthritic pain in my hips. I'm dismayed at some of the other reviews because my experience has been completely different! I have found her to be warm and a good listener. She worked out an effective pain management protocol for means spent time explaining the medical rationale for my regimen. It is true, however, that this is a very busy office and so wait time can sometimes be lengthy. However, I have had only good experiences interacting with Dr. G and her staff.

November 4th, 2015
This is the worst "doctor" and office management I have ever experienced. Here are some words the perfectly describe this circus: Uninformed, detached, over-extended. Lack of concern for patients' welfare. Nonexistent communication and follow-up. Constant misdiagnoses. Aloof. Arrogant. Zero listening skills, in management and medical care. This is just the tip of the iceberg! Shame on this farce.

September 7th, 2015
HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH DR AND OFFICE MANAGER. ALL WERE RUDE AND ALSO MISDIAGNOSED. They run the office just to make money---take more patients than time for in a day. Budget entire day to see Dr--horrible people work here. AVOID and report.

June 29th, 2015
Runs a cash-grab operation. Rarely meets with her patients. Does way to many injection procedures. Has almost mistakenly injected the WRONG AREA of my body on more than one occasion! That says all you need to know.

June 15th, 2015
She was very rude and discriminated against me I felt very disrespected and will never go back to her

May 27th, 2015
Only patients read these reviews, I know. But I wish the doctors would. Dr. G, as she is referred to, just doesn't get it. She's aloof, doesn't listen to her patients, acts like she's late for Happy Hour. The wait is ridiculous. The follow-up is non-existent. She misdianoses all the time. If you do see her, have an idea what you need. Don't let her dictate your treatment. Horrible doc.

March 18th, 2015
Horrible bedside manner. No concern for patients. No follow up. Dispicable physician. Plenty of other drs to choose from. Dont subject yourself to humiliation when you are sick vulnerable and in search of help.

March 4th, 2015
The most abusive Dr, I have ever met
abusive & unethical-this Dr and her staff are miserable /no compassion

March 21st, 2014
Worst doctor ever
I can't understand how someone who is supposed to be a psychiatrist and help her patients, instead does what pleases her and doesn't hear the problems her patients are trying to communicate to her. I pitty anyone who falls in her care. Horrible doctor, horrible experience.

September 3rd, 2013
Dr. G's answer to everything is injections and more injections. Even if they don't work the first time, she'll opt to do it again. She rarely meets with you herself. She has a Nurse Practitioner do that. I realize she has a lot of patients, but showing a little interest goes a long way. She always pushes the newest medications on the market without considering a less expensive (for the patient) alternative first. I don't think she's EVER looked at my MRIs herself, relying on the 1-page report rather than checking out the images herself. I consider that irresponsible. However, she is a sweet person, but I think she has too many patients on her list. The waiting room is a ZOO, overcrowded, like an inner-city ER at 3am.

April 12th, 2012
spent more time talking about her co workers then helping me. I was her private psychiatrist.

August 24th, 2010
What a nightmare! I wound up in the hospital!
After having been "stood up" by two other doctors at this facility, I was scheduled for an emergency visit with Dr. Guleyupoglu. After a two hour wait, Dr. Guleyopoglu's nurse, Neva, proceeded to contradict everything I said, even telling me that I did not try to commit suicide. She then told me that this was just an interview to see if Dr. Guleyupoglu would accept me as one of her patients and that I would not be seen by Dr. Guleyupoglu for two to three weeks. When I asked if Dr. Guleyupoglu would consider overriding her procedure since this was an emergency, I heard Dr. Duleyupoglu order Nurse Neva to complete the interview and that she had better things to do because I came to the first visit "stoned". After having been refused treatment four times, I went to the emergency room to renew my medications, which I desperately needed reassesment on, and wound up having to stay in the hospital. All of this would have been avoided if the first two doctors had shown up to work and if Dr. Guleyopoglu and Nurse Neva had been kinder, less offensive and more compassionate. This is a doctor who, engulfed in her own miserliness and nastiness, which she promoted in her staff, is unable to do her job. I intend to register a formal complaint with Beth Israel Medical Center.