Gynecologist
1190 5th Ave
1st Floor
New York, NY 10029
212-427-9898
Locations and availability (6)

• Currently 3.5348837209302 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Englewoood Hospital  |  show details
by Kim Mangano on May 30th, 2014

I am very satisfied with my surgical outcome. Dr. Nagarsheth was more than competent doing the procedure robotic. I have 5 tiny tiny incisions, post op pain was a 2-3 on the pain scale and I had my procedure which was Total Hysterectomy with Bilateral tubes and ovaries done at 1 in the afternoon and was home at 6 that evening without any problems. I only needed to take a pain pill the first night. I would recommend him to everyone!

by Alice K on May 17th, 2014

I had a laparoscopic hysterectomy performed with robotic surgery by Dr. Nagarsheth in April of 2014 at Englewood Hospital. After my first consultation with Dr. Nagarsheth I was completely comfortable with the decision for the hysterectomy. Dr. Nagarsheth was patient with all of my questions - both before and after the surgery. The staff that assisted him was comforting and completely professional. I wasn’t nervous at all with the surgery based on my first consultation with Dr. Nagarsheth’s and his reputation which is very impressive. I was a bit apprehensive about going home the same day of the surgery - however, it turned out fine - without complications and with minimal pain which was controlled by the prescribed pain medicine that I only needed for three days. It has been four weeks post surgery, and I would recommend Dr. Nagarsheth without any hesitation.

by Joanne D. on Apr 7th, 2014

Dr. Nagersheath performed a complex surgery on me in full confidence when another NYC Doctor in a fine hospital was hesitant to operate further fearing I would have a negativd outcome. That doctor advised me to seek a Highly Skilled surgeon should I ever decide to have surgery and I was totally happy that I choose Dr. Nagersheath!! He was wonderful : Fully confident that he could help me, Hughly Skilled and possesses a Great Old Fashioned Bedside Manner! He was prompt to return calls personally , discussed all my concerns both Pre and Post Surgery and the surgery turned out to be successful! There should be more surgeons like him!!!

|  Exceptional care  |  show details
by Rhiannon on Jan 2nd, 2014

From the very first appointment to my post operative one, I received excellent care from Dr Nagarsheth. At my initial appointment I was reluctant to move forward with elective surgery. He listened to my concerns and helped me come up with a plan of watching and waiting for 3 months until I was in a better position to have surgery. The appointments I needed to accommodate my schedule were always available and I found the staff very friendly too. Scheduling surgery was very straightforward and throughout the process Dr Nagarsheth was supportive, compassionate and happy to answer as many questions as I had. I didn't really have too many though because he explained everything very clearly and in a detailed way. What was most outstanding was the surgery itself and the recovery I have subsequently made. I had laparoscopy surgery as an outpatient. I didn't need any painkillers after 4 days, I was walking around after a week and 2 weeks later, I can hardly believe I had surgery. The incisions are minimal and have all but disappeared. Finally, when I needed to contact Dr Nagarsheth, he always returned my calls on the same day. This is a detailed account of my experience but the long and the short of it is: this is the kind of Dr you want treating you; I cannot praise him highly enough and recommend him enthusiastically.

|  Brilliant and Compassionate Surgeon  |  show details
by B. Baker on Nov 6th, 2013

A year ago I was blessed to have Dr. Nagarsheth perform my hysterectomy/ovarian surgery. From the beginning, he was very respectful and listened to my concerns when discussing options. On the day of the surgery, I was displaced and living in a hotel because of Hurricane Sandy so it was very important to me that it be a smooth operation. Before the surgery, Dr. Nagarsheth took the time to again discuss my options and confirm what I wanted. I’m happy to say that everything went beautifully. The surgery went so well that I was out of the hospital within 5 hours of surgery with little to no pain. A week later I was back at work. A month later I had to remind myself that I had surgery. Dr. Nagarsheth’s skill is priceless and I’m so glad that my gynecologist recommended him.

|  Great experience  |  show details
by JK on Mar 22nd, 2013

Dr. Nagarsheth is a skilled surgeon who is well respected and competent. He came highly recommended by several other GYN physicians. He has a nice bedside manner and answered all of my questions. He has excellent judgement. He is not outgoing but seemed very caring in his responses to concerns. I would highly recommend him.

|  Excellent Surgeon  |  show details
May 22nd, 2012

Dr. Nagarsheth's skills as a surgeon was exceeding superior. He is an extremely gifted surgeon. My post-op recovery was minimal, laparoscopic incisions where barely noticeable, and most importantly, my surgery was a success. My deepest gratitude Dr. Nagarsheth!

|  Excellent Doctor, Kindest Care, Amazing Team  |  show details
May 17th, 2012

Finding Dr. Nagarsheth is the most important step I have taken in my care, in the last 2 years. After consultations with several other surgeons in the city I was very anxious about the removal of a large fibroid and a hysterectomy and had not found a doctor who was right for me. From the moment I walked into these offices I knew I was in the right place. The entire team put me at ease. The front desk, the nurses and practitioners, every single person greets you with a smile. This is what doctors offices used to be like years ago, serious, kind and gentle. My paperwork was waiting for me, already filled out, I signed 3 forms and I was in the doctor's office in less than 5 minutes. After a nice long talk and an exam the Doctor discussed my options with me at great length. Though 3 other surgeons had told me I was not a candidate for laparosopic procedure, Dr. Nagarsheth said he wanted to at least try to start that way. I was already resigned to the full open abdominal procedure but was grateful for his consideration. We scheduled my surgery for 3 weeks later. I was prepared to be in the hospital for several days. I was extremely thrilled when I woke up in recovery and was told he was able to complete the procedure laparoscopically and I was going home! I wasnt even in the hospital for 8 hours. The Doctor called me that evening at home to check on me. The office and hospital called twice over the next two days. Eight days later I went in for my follow up exam and walked from the office on 5th Avenue and 100th Street to Port Authority - 3.5 miles - because I felt that strong and healthy.My only regret is that I wasted so much time with other surgeons. I am 47 years old and now know that for the last 2 years of my life I suffered needlessly. Having this procedure with Dr. Nagarsheth and his compassionate, talented team, is the best decision Ive ever made. I had no pain, was walking 2 hours after surgery and was taking only Tylenol by the next day. You will be in kind and brilliant hands with this practice.

|  Dr. Nagarsheth Makes It Easier to Deal with Cancer  |  show details
May 15th, 2012

"You have cancer" is something no one ever wants to hear but being referred to Dr. Nagarsheth made dealing with that statement easier. He was caring and compassionate as well as thorough in his explanations. My husband's and my questions were answered to our satisfaction in a professional and sympathetic manner. I was scheduled for robotic surgery wtihin two weeks of my first visit. Surgery was uneventful and I was discharged the next day feeling great. Complete instructions and contact information was given. I am now ten months post surgery and have had two follow-up visits. Both times I was given time to ask any questions or discuss any concerns. My family and I are thankful that the care rendered was by such a skilled and concerned surgeon - Dr. Nagarsheth.

May 5th, 2012

This was the most negative experience I have had in a doctor's office. Dr. Nagarsheth was condescending, rude and an execeedlingly poor comminicator. I subsequently went to 2 other gyn. oncologists and his exam was rough by comparison. He has a medical student do a pelvic exam on me without my consent. His office never contacted me about a surgery he scheduled. He never informed me of the risks of the surgery he planned. Fortunately I found a much more gentle surgeon with a fabulous manner. There is no reason to pit up with Dr. Nagersheth's uncaring and misoginistic attitude. He may be a technically component surgeon but as a human being who deals with women so disrespectfully he is a total zero.

Mark as Helpful  | 12 people found this helpful Report Abuse
 |  Amazing Young Man  |  show details
Feb 11th, 2012

Dr. Nagarsheth, couldn't have been kinder, or more compassionate.I was extremely nervous about having a total hysterectomyand he was so kind, and gave me so much of his time.It's not every day that you meet a young man, who is as impressive as his is.Anyone would be proud to have a son like him.And his passion for music,is as great for his love for medicine.he is in Three Bands, and tours throughout the Country with other oncologists,opening awareness about cancer through music.What an interesting and talented person he is.If any one needs to get a gynecological procedure, I would highly recommend Dr. Nagarsheth. I don't think you could find much better. You'd be in very fine hands.

Feb 10th, 2012

My overall experience was excellent. During my initial consultation Dr. Nagarsheth was not hurried or rushed. He answered all my questions and we had an honest coversation about my options. He thoroughly reviewed my records and medical history. After my visit, I was confident that he was the specialist I wanted to partner with for my hysterectomy. I suffered for many years trying many different things. Faced at the cross roads in life I was fortunate to have someone of his caliber and expertise to put my care in.

|  total laparoscopic hysterectomy patient  |  show details
Nov 16th, 2011

I am extremely satisfied with my surgical experience at Englewood Hospital, especially my surgeon, Dr. Nagarsheth and his staff. He is skilled, caring and I believe, a healer. If the need arises (and hopefully it won't) I would highly recommend him to family, friends and strangers.

|  FASHION EXCUTIVE  |  show details
Nov 14th, 2011

DR. Nimesh Nagarsheth is the ABSOLUTE best at what he does! I was 35 when I got the diagnosis of Ovarian Cancer and tomorrow I am 4 years cancer free. I had 3 surgeries( Laparotomy,lapascopic, & laparscopic hysterectomy) that he preformed at Mt. Sinai in New York City and each time I got the very best care . It is very frightening to get a cancer diagnosis but when you have a Dr. that takes the time to explain and answer ALL of your questions with an excellent bedside manner as Dr. Nagarsheth you know you are in the BEST HANDS. I would recommend him to ANY women who is faced with a gynecological cancer.

Sep 25th, 2011

Dr Nimesh P. Nagarsheth, who specializes in Gynecologic Oncology at Englewood Hospital and Medical Center and is a professor at Mount Sinai Medical Center, is both a fabulous surgeon and a wonderful human being. In my first meeting with him, just after I had received the devastating news of my cancer, it seemed that my husband and I were the most important people in the world as he patiently explained how he viewed my situation. It was a Friday, and he informed us that he would operate at 8:00 AM on Monday morning. Somehow all the pre-op challenges disappeared, and I found myself feeling total confidence that I was getting the best care and personal attention possible. After the surgery and the months that followed, he was there for me. While I was recuperating from the surgery he saw me weekly at 7:30 AM in the hospital to spare me the discomfort of having to wait in a waiting room. He even gave me his personal cell phone number! In fact, I had a medical problem while he was out of town in Oregon, sent him a text message, and he immediately called me and discussed the matter with me at length.But Dr. Nagarsheth's concern for his patients and other women with gynecologic cancers goes further than in the medical suites. He and five other gynecologic oncologists have formed a band N.E. D. (No Evidence of Disease) to fundraise to raise awareness about gynecologic cancer. Dr. Nagarsheth plays drums and percussion; we were delighted to have the pleasure of hearing him in a live performance.In short, Dr. Nimesh P. Nagarsheth is a caring, compassionate, talented human being.

|  Very talented surgeon and musician  |  show details
Aug 30th, 2011

Dr. Nagarsheth amazingly saved my ovaries from dermoid teratomas even though the sono report stated they could not see any tissue left! It was a stressful time for my family and I. We read his amazing book, "Music and Cancer" and listened to his NED cd (got easily from amazon.com) If you or a loved one is going through any cancer issue, I highly recommend his music! He is a brilliant doctor!

|  Such a good man and brilliant doctor.  |  show details
Aug 19th, 2011

Dr. Nagersheth operated on my in 2009. At first I thought he was very dry and not personal. Boy was I wrong. He is terrific, kind and thoughtful. We thought my cancer might be uterine or ovarian but when he went in it was an entirely different cancer. He was calm and tried to keep me focused on my next steps. When I had my next surgery 5 months later from another doctor, he came to visit me in the hospital to check on me, amazing.

Jul 14th, 2011

I was recently diagnosed with large uterine fibriods and an ovarian cyst. The radiologist suggested a MRI after I had done a sonogram to determine whether of not the cyst was sarcoma. I wanted a second opinion so my Gynocologist referred me to Dr. Nagarsheth. The office staff was courteous and professional and I soon got an appointmen. The wait was a little long but the staff offered refreshments and snacks so that the wait was more bearable.

|  WONDERFUL and CARING-Great surgeon!  |  show details
Jul 11th, 2011

I was told by my gyno that i had a large mass and had to go into surgery but the way she told me was very insensitive. she flat out said i might need to remove my right ovary. I was crying and helpless. I was then directed to Dr. Krause at Mt sinai who suggested to come see Dr. Nagarsheth. I was nervous at first because I've never been to a male doctor. My fears were put at ease when I met him. My husband and I waited a long time to see him. He came to us and apologized for being so backed up. I appreciated that because most doctors do not do that. After speaking to him I felt confident to have him as my surgeon. He addressed all of our concerns and calmed my anxiety about have the laparoscopic surgery. The day of surgery was a busy day for him. He has surgeries back to back. I was anxious. I had paperwork for him to fill out and i just needed to see him and to reiterate that i wanted to save my ovary as much as possible. He was in the OR at the time. One of the nurses was able to put him on speaker phone for me and he was able to just talk to me for 10 seconds to just say that id see him before surgery and what to do with the paperwork. I thought that was wonderful of him because no one would take the time if they were in the OR. (I assume he wasnt hands on operating yet) He was unable to see me after i was done since he had another procedure to do but he came to see my husband immediately to update him. I just had it 5 days ago and im actually ok walking around. I was unable to breathe because of the gas they pump into you so i emailed him and he called me immediately. He was so caring on the phone - and reassured me its normal and that it would be ok -its what i needed. i am ok now. I get tired but I feel that the surgery went well. The best part is that my ovary was saved. I see him this Thursday and am looking forward to speaking with him again.He is very professional and i do not regret having him as my surgeon at all. i really do believe he is the best!

|  Exceptional Surgeon. Recommended without reservation.  |  show details
Jun 26th, 2011

I was referred to Dr. Nagarsheth after being diagnosed with endometrial cancer and was told I needed a full hysterectomy. I did not research him on the internet but rather, inquired about him within the medical community. It was apparent to me that his reputation as an excellent surgeon/oncologist is widely known. He was universally lauded and admired. As I needed surgery as soon as possible, he and his staff arduously worked around his busy calendar to fit me in his schedule. When he indicated that he would operate using Robotics I wondered if the internal scar tissue from old surgeries would prevent him from using that technology. Dr. Nagarsheth indicated he was confident that he would not have to do open surgery and, he was right!The surgery went very well and I went home less than 24 hours later. Although I felt tired and had some minor discomfort, I could have never imagined that I would not have any pain, as one would be expected to after major surgery. I dont wish surgery on anyone but if it is absolutely necessary I would highly recommend that, if at all possible, try Robotics.Since our first meeting I have felt very comfortable being under his care. Dr. Nagarsheth rocks!!! and, Robotics is the way to go!!!

|  Excellent Doctor! I would Highly Recommend him.  |  show details
May 23rd, 2011

Dr. Nagarsheth, is a very caring Doctor, very knowledgeable in his Field. He cares about his Patients more than I have ever seen other Doctors do. He is incredible thorough, Professional, Kind and respectful.He was the answer for my problem after months of seen other Doctors. He is fast and assertive; On my first visit, everything was explained to me very well.He has Excellent bedside manner, clear explanation/communication.Will recommend him to family and Friends.We only have praises and Good things to say about him.

|  Very skilled and compassionate doctor  |  show details
May 11th, 2011

I saw Dr N. for a surgical proecure and was really impressed with not only his caring bedside manner, but his professionalism and expertise. I would send a family member to him anytime.

|  Patient, talented, skilled doctor  |  show details
Apr 30th, 2011

Dr. Nagarsheth is an accomplished doctor skilled in robotic hysterectomies. He was recommeneded to me after my regular gynocologist wanted to perform an open abdominal hysterectomy that I thought was archaic and unnecessary. Dr. Nagarsheth was extremely patient, even though he's a busy physician, answered my questions and listened to me to come up with a good solution to my health problems, a large uterus caused by several large fibroids. I never felt as if he was rushing me or trying to take the easy way out. He was always concerned with making me feel comfortable and providing me with the easiest recovery possible. Even after suggesting the robotic myomectomy because I'm young and do not want children and it was the best option to preserve my fertility, he listened patiently while I told him I was in favor of the hysterectomy. After learning that I'd done my homework on the various procedures, recovery times, and realizing that I would never change my mind about becoming a mother, he agreed to perform the hysterectomy.I'd recommend Dr. Nagarsheth to anyone looking to have a Da Vinci procedure or other advanced techniques. After the surgery, which was textbook and further proved that the open abdominal procedure was unnecessary, the doctor took his time updating me and my family on the recovery process. He believes in the comfort of the patient and was easily reached when I returned home from my surgery and was unable to fill my pain prescription. Rather than being annoyed by being contacted at home, he took his time coming up with a solution that worked for me when I needed it most.I did not use the doctor for his oncology experience but he's a recorded musician who believes that music helps heal patients going through Chemo and a published author.I truly cannot say enough about this doctor and their staff. The staff was caring, patient and treated me with respect, all things I needed considering I was young and having a major surgery.

|  A Ture Professional in his Field - Highy Recommended!  |  show details
Apr 19th, 2011

I am thankful and grateful to Dr. Nagarsheth. He made me feel confident in my decision to have the surgery done laparoscopically and by robot assistance. He understood my needs and concerns. The entire experience at Englewood Hospital was outstanding and I am pleased to have researched my options and could not have made a better choice! Dr. Nagarasheth was caring before, during and after. His response time to answer any questions whatever time was prompt and accurate! I have decided that I will follow up with him on all future Gynecologic routine care. Great Doctor that I would recommend highly. Thank you Dr. Nagarsheth!

|  A very special Surgeon...  |  show details
Apr 18th, 2011

Dr. Nagarsheth not only possesses the unique skill set requisite for today's laparoscopic procedures, but his intuition, focus, memory & devoted care all contribute to the best experience possible.

|  Highly Recommend  |  show details
Apr 1st, 2011

Excellent Doctor, very pleased with his services, I gave him the hightest Rating since he has been wonderful. I will highly recommend him.

Mar 2nd, 2011

Dr.Nagarsheth is an arrogant jerk with NO bedside manner. He speaks in a hostile manner when he is questioned. He is easy to get an appointment with for obvious reasons.

by L Molchan on Jun 3rd, 2010

Four stars are too few to rate Dr. Nagarsheth. His skill, experience, diagnosis, and caring manner are superb.

|  THE BEST AND MOST LOVING DOCTOR I HAVE EVER KNOWN.  |  show details