Dr. Nina Cahan MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Coppell, TX

• Good
  • Bad

December 28th, 2016
Wonderful, caring Dr . She is very thorough .

August 12th, 2016
Great Doctor / Horrible Time Management
Dr Cahan is a wonderful doctor who loves her patients but she spends to much with each one. Over several visits the last year you wait over an hour after your appointment time to see here. They don't care they run late and while each patient gets quality time it's at the expense of other patients. They should not book appointments 15 min apart because she never keeps to that schedule. While I love her and my whole family sees her it is time to make changes and find a new doctor because leaving her office 1 1/2 to 2 hours after my scheduled appointment is frustrating and it is a consistent practice with this group. Once in awhile I understand but every appointment is a continual trend that puts patients in a bind

October 6th, 2015
wonderful doctor
I have been a patient of Dr. Cahan's for many years now, over 25. She is a wonderful, caring doctor and I cannot imagine anyone else being my doctor. She truly cares about her patients and their health.

November 26th, 2013
Best Doctor
Dr. Cohan is a great doctor. She is very thorough and a caring person. I am glad to have found her.

October 3rd, 2013
At your own risk
Miss Diagnosed me Twice. Fabricated Lung issues. Ignored Creatine level which lead to Kidney Disease and refused to refer me to a Specialist, Was downright nasty when I needed my records transferred to another DR. Also tried to push Vitamins on me. I would not recommend Dr Nina Cahan to any of my friends.

July 23rd, 2013
I love Dr Cahan she take care of all my needs. her front office has changed and is much better.

May 17th, 2013
I'm Done
Dr. Cahan is a caring and loving doctor however she often prescribes herbal remedies that she sells from a closet in her office. These items have unique names and are not available at retail stores so you feel you have to buy from her which makes me very uncomfortable and frustrated. Refuses to refill medications that your regularly use without a visit yet when you call to schedule they give you a hard time on the phone and try to schedule you months out. You feel trapped. I always have unpaid balances on my return trip because she charges for extra visits if you even talk about an ache or pain during your physical or med check. She chastises you for not coming in for your physical yearly but when you do she turns it in to multiple charges which she blames on insurance but this type of billing practice is a choice. If she is going to bill that way she should discuss that with the patient at the time of services. Her front office staff was terrible and rude for years and is still not great. They do not have professional poise in any way and instill no professional confidence. She has two nice upbeat nurses but one nurse is very flat expressively, curt and rude. Will not make direct eye contact with patients which is uncomfortable and strange. After hoping things would change and get better in the office I finally have to give up and look for a good doctor who manages the practice in a way that respects the patient or consumer. The star is this practice is Meeta the nurse practitioner! She's warm, caring, knowledgable and communicates very professionally. Time for me to move on from this practice after numerous disappointing interactions over several years.

July 23rd, 2012
Moving on
One of her office staff is less than "user friendly"-had to wait 3 months for an appointment and was apparently re- scheduled without knowing it. When I called in to give them current phone number as mine had changed was told they could not set another time for me (as I had missed my appointment). I am a doctor's wife and am receiving this kind of treatment!

March 24th, 2011
Courtesy of office staff
I think the office staff needs to be more courteous

April 13th, 2009
New Patient
Need to inform patients if med student is a guy or girl. For those of us who want a woman doctor, this would be important.

January 22nd, 2009
Great doctor, dense staff
Dr. Cahan is wonderful. She is open-minded to alt health and selective vaccination. Wait times are average- about 15 minutes in front and 20 minutes in back after nurses are done with vitals. Answering service should be avoided at all costs between 12-2. Reception/phone staff is often dense, but now I'm thinking it's only 1 person who I manage to get on the phone all the time. Worth the hassle for my infant son. I no longer accept the dr's word as gospel so Dr. Cahan's methods and my philosophies are a good match. Book a well-visit in advance since my mom had to book 3 months in advance to be added as a new patient...

April 3rd, 2017