Internist

May 26th, 2015

Always somewhat impatient; after several years of seeing her, she never quite knew who I was; not a very astute diagnostician or giver of helpful advice; many times she'll just shrug and say she doesn't know what something is but offer what she calls her "best guess." The last straw for me was when a drug she prescribed gave me terrible stomach problems. I refused to pay for that visit - which resulted in my switching doctors and incurring further expenses - and now her office is hounding me. It's New York: you can easily do better than this doctor.

very caring show details very caring
Jul 14th, 2011

Dr. Priven is a lovely, deeply caring doctor who is also knowledgeable and highly professional. She once called me from her home well after office hours to see how I was after I fell. The office is the best run of any I have encountered.

May 27th, 2010

LOVE this doctor. Professional, kind, intelligent, good sense of humor. Once a patient, easy to get an appointment on short notice; she also is able to get referrals to specialists very quickly.

Mar 27th, 2010

Dr. Priven is one of the best doctors I've ever seen. She's kind, intelligent, and has a decent sense of humor in addition to being incredibly professional. I've never felt rushed and she's never made me feel that any issue I had was silly...and trust me, quite a few were! She returns calls quickly and usually with feasible solutions. She also has immediate access to most of the Mt. Sinai faculty groups and can get a referral to a specialist for the same day, if needed. I highly recommend her.