Dr. Nina Selvaggi MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Fairfax, VA

2.1

October 19th, 2011
Long Waits and Extra Fees for Everything
Long waits: didn't get seen for 1hr+ after appointment time. Physicians Assistant comment was "If you've seen Dr. Selvaggi before, you should know she's always late." Then the Dr. blamed "new software."Extra charges for calling in Rx refills, replacing a lost referral slip, talking to Dr. on phone for more than 3 min.Dr. not interested in treating non-life-threatening problems. I'm supposed to just live with minor stuff that's irritating or uncomforatble.Not ever going back.

July 5th, 2011
Worst experience with a Doctor
Horrible. If you are looking for an General Practitioner please continue looking as Dr. Selvaggi was the worst doctor that I have ever been to in terms of knowledge, bed side manner, listening to my concerns or symptoms, and prescribing treatment. Here is a synopsis of my experience:1. Did not even get up off her chair to examine me on my first visit. On my first visit, I had recently been discharged from the hospital for a life threatening condition that would require ongoing medical attention. Dr. Selvaggi did not even rise from her seat to examine me, but just took notes. 2. Was not familiar with the labs from the hospital. The hospital had faxed over my lab work wich Dr. Selvaggi hadn't read prior to my appt and when I asked her about it, she quickly skimmed through. She didn't mention other tests I should get done or other specialists I should see and when I asked her, she was dismissive.3. Did not listen to my complaints of ongoing symptoms and brushed them aside as "normal." This is probably the worst offense in my mind--when a Dr doesn't listen or makes you feel like your complaints are not relevant or are in your mind. We all know our bodies and know when something is wrong. Luckily I did not listen to her and made appts with specialists myself--they found the reason for my symptoms and prescribed the needed medication. If I had listened to Dr. Selvaggi I would still be suffering in silence.I have found that you have to go through a number of Drs to find the really good ones. I had been looking for a new internist and thought that this practice would be good because they are large and the quality of Drs would be good. I was sadly mistaken. The only positives are that the staff and nurses are friendly and courteous and they do labs in the office. But all that is irrelevant when the Dr is not knowledge or attentive. Please go elsewhere and save yourself some time switching at a later point.