Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile
1956 Evelyn Bryd Ave
Harrisonburg, VA 22801
540-442-9055
Locations and availability (2)

1.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  The staff is horrid.  |  show details
by Anonymous on Oct 7th, 2013

The staff has always had a nasty attitude. I've put up with their mistreatment because I like Nina K. Smith, but I can no longer tolerate those people. They pretty much bully you if you call in with legitimate concerns. Most importantly during your ridiculously long wait time you get to hear OTHER patients private issues openly discussed and laughed about. Which, I'm fairly certain is illegal.

|  Everything went well  |  show details
by Pam on May 30th, 2013

I'm not sure what all these bad reviews are about. They are spaced almost exactly the same months apart, which makes them look suspicious to me. Anyway, my gyno visit went fine. I immediately liked Dr. Smith and struck up a good rapport with her. As for her staff, they didn't affect me one way or another since they weren't the ones checking my equipment. When I go to the doctor, I don't go to be treated like a queen; I can get that at home. I go to the doctor for competent examinations, and Dr. Smith is extremely competent.

|  bad experience  |  show details
May 8th, 2013

I wish I had done my research before I went there! Dr. Nina Smith screwed up a minor surgery I had done. I wasted a lot of MONEY & time because she did not know what she was doing! I have heard from others that she had messed up their female surgeries. The staff was not friendly & she was running late every time. They will not allow her to perform surgeries at our local hospital (RMH) so that says a lot about what the medical community thinks of her! Talk to other women before going to her as a doctor!

|  DO NOT RECOMMEND  |  show details
Jan 24th, 2013

My mother and I both had horrible experiences with this doctor. Wait time is entirely too long, the office was consistently late on calling in my birth control refills so it messed up the schedule I should have been on, and Dr. Smith did not give me the right date to come back for an exam. Her staff is also very rude and made me feel like I was stupid for calling when my body had a bad reaction to some pills. DO NOT go to this doctor if you want to feel informed and respected about your personal health.

|  HORRIBLE  |  show details
Sep 11th, 2012

Had life altering surgery (Hysterectomy) and she NEVER took the time to fully explain the procedure or how my body and mood/hormones would change. Even when I would ask questions she wouldn't fully answer. I truly wish I had gotten a second opnion before I went with her recommendation.

|  show details
Aug 10th, 2012

I like her professional manner; she performed a DNC on me, and I felt confident in her skill and concern. I have not had problems since.

|  Cost me $170 to teach them how to write a prescription  |  show details
Apr 30th, 2012

My very first visit there (about 2-3 years ago) was very nice. The staff and doctor were great! My second visit was painful and everyone lost their curtesy. My last visit ... well is my last visit. I changed birth control from generic to brand name and Dr. Nina Smith wrote the prescription for generic still ($20 down the drain). They rewrote it for the brand name but for the WRONG ONE!!! Another $100 wasted. And I guess the third was a charmer... I will never go back and try to get them to reinburse my $120 for pills I did not want! On top of that wait time and diagnosis leave a LOT of room for improvment.

|  warning: my friend was tricked/lied to by this doc  |  show details
by anon from 4chan on Jun 8th, 2011

because of what happened to my friend, i'm warning you,Do not go to Nina unless you can write neatly, do not fill in all medical history unrelated to gynocology, do not go without makeup on, do not go if your underweight, do not go if you are opposed to birthcontrol, do not mention religion, do not bring up unrelated issues. if you don't do these things, then expect VA police brutality from the hospital security/police. luckily, my friend's dad stepped in before they could lock the poor girl up! they almost took her rights away and now she HAS NO PRIVACY. one wrong move, one little petty crime/little word and the poor girl will lose her rights, because the police know her name and Teresa Rice (cronie of Nina Smith) tatletailed on a poor girl. my friend has evidence of what the cops did to her. the girl claimed self defence and sees authority as equal to every other working man in VA. if you are opposed to va police brutality, then avoid Nina at all costs. and pray for the victim. the victim was just trying to go for testing and fertility treatment and Nina tricked the woman and now the poor woman has no gyno, no testing, noone to go to for help. my friend needs std testing and now she has to leave va soon. the woman told me that she wants to flee va and its all because of Nina Smith's deception! imo, va is a scam. its no longer a good state. all the good people there died. name one person in va who's creating a group lawsuit against Nina Smith. My friend deserve justice against this psycho doc.

|  Wish I looked around more  |  show details
Feb 18th, 2011

I wish I would've done my research on her a little more. My first visit was very pleasant (as pleasant as seeing an OBGYN could be). But the following ones not so much. Not only it was painful but she didn't spend hardly any time with me. The wait time is unbelievable!!! I guess she's good if you don't have a problem and have time to wait. I have been in 3 times for the same issue and now will go to a different doctor.