Obstetricians & Gynecologists
Video profile
1956 Evelyn Bryd Ave
Harrisonburg, VA 22801
540-442-9055
Locations and availability (2)

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Amazing doctor  |  show details
Sep 15th, 2014

Dr. Smith is a wonderful doctor who makes you feel a part of her family. She takes the time to ask me how I am doing with school and life. She provides am environment that's comfortable and pleasant which extremely helpful since it's no fun going for a gyno appt. I read a review earlier which was false slander and gossip. She performs her surgeries at Augusta Medical instead of RMH because of the quality of the hospital and quality of other doctors she works with. Not because RMH doesn't want her which is actually the opposite. Who wouldn't want an amazing doctor like her around!!!

|  The staff is horrid.  |  show details
by Anonymous on Oct 7th, 2013

The staff has always had a nasty attitude. I've put up with their mistreatment because I like Nina K. Smith, but I can no longer tolerate those people. They pretty much bully you if you call in with legitimate concerns. Most importantly during your ridiculously long wait time you get to hear OTHER patients private issues openly discussed and laughed about. Which, I'm fairly certain is illegal.

|  Everything went well  |  show details
by Pam on May 30th, 2013

I'm not sure what all these bad reviews are about. They are spaced almost exactly the same months apart, which makes them look suspicious to me. Anyway, my gyno visit went fine. I immediately liked Dr. Smith and struck up a good rapport with her. As for her staff, they didn't affect me one way or another since they weren't the ones checking my equipment. When I go to the doctor, I don't go to be treated like a queen; I can get that at home. I go to the doctor for competent examinations, and Dr. Smith is extremely competent.

|  bad experience  |  show details
May 8th, 2013

I wish I had done my research before I went there! Dr. Nina Smith screwed up a minor surgery I had done. I wasted a lot of MONEY & time because she did not know what she was doing! I have heard from others that she had messed up their female surgeries. The staff was not friendly & she was running late every time. They will not allow her to perform surgeries at our local hospital (RMH) so that says a lot about what the medical community thinks of her! Talk to other women before going to her as a doctor!

|  DO NOT RECOMMEND  |  show details
Jan 24th, 2013

My mother and I both had horrible experiences with this doctor. Wait time is entirely too long, the office was consistently late on calling in my birth control refills so it messed up the schedule I should have been on, and Dr. Smith did not give me the right date to come back for an exam. Her staff is also very rude and made me feel like I was stupid for calling when my body had a bad reaction to some pills. DO NOT go to this doctor if you want to feel informed and respected about your personal health.

|  HORRIBLE  |  show details
Sep 11th, 2012

Had life altering surgery (Hysterectomy) and she NEVER took the time to fully explain the procedure or how my body and mood/hormones would change. Even when I would ask questions she wouldn't fully answer. I truly wish I had gotten a second opnion before I went with her recommendation.

|  show details
Aug 10th, 2012

I like her professional manner; she performed a DNC on me, and I felt confident in her skill and concern. I have not had problems since.

|  Cost me $170 to teach them how to write a prescription  |  show details
Apr 30th, 2012

My very first visit there (about 2-3 years ago) was very nice. The staff and doctor were great! My second visit was painful and everyone lost their curtesy. My last visit ... well is my last visit. I changed birth control from generic to brand name and Dr. Nina Smith wrote the prescription for generic still ($20 down the drain). They rewrote it for the brand name but for the WRONG ONE!!! Another $100 wasted. And I guess the third was a charmer... I will never go back and try to get them to reinburse my $120 for pills I did not want! On top of that wait time and diagnosis leave a LOT of room for improvment.

|  Wish I looked around more  |  show details
Feb 18th, 2011

I wish I would've done my research on her a little more. My first visit was very pleasant (as pleasant as seeing an OBGYN could be). But the following ones not so much. Not only it was painful but she didn't spend hardly any time with me. The wait time is unbelievable!!! I guess she's good if you don't have a problem and have time to wait. I have been in 3 times for the same issue and now will go to a different doctor.