Dr. Niraj Mehta DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.9

June 1st, 2012
This is a wonderful doctor. He is very concerned about my health and is willing to do whatever he can to help me attain better health and quality of life. This doctor has actually saved my life when my appendix burst. Had he not did the things he did I would have died. I can not say enough good thing about Dr. Metha. God Bless him.

April 2nd, 2012
Courteous staff, very relaxed environment, looking forward to establishing "new" doctor/patient relationship with Dr. Mehta and his associates.

March 9th, 2012
Excellent
I am 42 years old and I think I am getting great medical care for the first time in my life. Dr. Mehta actually listens to me, and really works to get to root causes. I have never had a doctor that has been so thorough and comprehensive. There should be more doctors like him.

July 7th, 2011
Great doctor
He is always reachable and takes his time to get to know you. I would highly recommend.

February 10th, 2011
Dr. Mehta is a great Doctor!
Dr Mehta is a woderful doctor and I highly recommend him.

November 18th, 2010
My wait time in the office is usually less than 10 minutes. After signing in, I'm usually the next one called back. Dr. Mehta and Dr. Bellary are excellent, caring doctors who will spend as much time with you as you need and answer all your questions. You know all doctors in general are busy and in a hurry, but you will never feel that way with them. The office staff is getting better, there are a few that aren't my favorites, but overall Dr. evaluation and rating, excellent 100%, with min. needed improvement in office staff; however, I have not seen that MA last 2 times I have been to Doctors office. That was a plus.

October 14th, 2010
Very Professional, but still very caring
Dr Mehta is a very caring Dr and is still extremely thorough. He is willing to discuss a patients problems with him until the patient understands what is going on in his body and is comfortable with the treatment. Even when he is very busy he will take whatever time is necessary to discuss treatment options and medication choices with the patient. He has been extremely accurate in his diagnosis and treatments with me.His staff is courteous and helpful, and always friendly. A few problems with followup from time to time, but mostly they are right on the button.

October 13th, 2010
Dr. Mehta has made my wife and I feel like we are part of his family. He treats us like we are the only patients he has, no rushing you out of the office. He takes time to listen to any and all questions. He is a wonderful man. Needless to say, we love him.

March 4th, 2010
A Diamond in the Rough
I have been in TX for nearly 5 years and couldn't find a DR to meet my needs, until I was admitted into the hospital and they told me they were admitting me under Dr Mehta. I said ok, feeling like he was going to be another brush off kind of DR. Boy was I wrong!!! Dr Mehta and his associates were very attentive and genuine to my needs in the hospital. So I decided to give it a chance and make him my primary DR. Well when I told my specialists who I was with now, they all were like, "he is excellent and a very good choice." The staff is very nice and kind. (Oh when I came in for blood testing, I liked the cheer at the beginning of the day by the staff) :) I had an appoint this past week. As soon as I registered in, I was taken back to a room. Dr Mehta came in and took his time with me. This is the 3rd time to his office and from the first time we met in the hospital, there was a trust factor. I trusted him and his associates. My appointment this time was very personal, like I had my own time and attention with him without feeling rushed. He even lets the other specialists, I see continue the medications I'm on with them. If I needed anything, he reassured me not to hesitate and call his office. I haven't had a doctor like this in 15 years and let me tell you, I'm not looking anymore. Thanks for letting me be one of your patients and taking good care of me.

January 23rd, 2010
Revision on previous rating
Changing my previous rating, misunderstood rating system. Dr. Mehta spends more time with me than either of my other two Dr's, never feel rushed with him. He is especially good because he is young enough to always want to learn more. Too many Dr's never listen to me, that is not the case here.

January 21st, 2010
New clinic facility
Visited first full week in new clinic space. Fumes/odor from paint and concrete stain were so strong that I worried about you and the staff being there all day!Parking is vast improvement, however the "barrio" location may be a deterrent to the practice. The sound reverberates with the concrete floors. I could hear conversations with the exam room door closed, which causes concern over privacy.I love you, Dr. Mehta and will continue to come there, but overall, the new space is a big step backward in my opinion. It is in a more seedy area of town than I choose to frequent and the overall feeling with the concrete floors and small rooms had a cold ambiance.

January 20th, 2010
Tremendous internist, has treated me for chronic hypertension and Type II Diabetes. While neither have vanished, he is young enough and extremely smart on a variety of topics & will not settle for less than my best effort to control each of them. Has the medical and academic curiousity to research a subject, voice his opinion and listen to my thoughts. While I have a PCM, I still keep Dr. Mehta for my advanced medical care & he works well with my cardiologist. Highly recommended !