Dr. Nirmal Shah MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 18th, 2016
Not pleased
In my initial visit, Dr. Shah said we should do some diagnostic tests. After those expensive tests were done I had a follow up appt. with Dr. Shah. In the follow up appt. Dr. Shah misstated my medical history several times. I felt I was talking to a Doctor who hadn't bothered to understand my history or my symptoms. His advice to me was very flippant and dismissive. I did not have confidence that he understood why I was there or the severity of the pain I am experiencing. I wish I had not done the expensive tests, because now I feel I wasted that money on a doctor who I don't trust to accurately interpret the results.

June 16th, 2015
Avoids Your Health Problems By Covering Them Up
I went in for a test in there office. They injected me with some dye and began the test which I was laying down for. All of a sudden a nurse came in looked at the screen and quickly ran out. She was quickly right back at the door to the room telling another nurse to stay there and keep an eye on me and if anything happens call me. Later amazingly the tests came back normal ... wow, that was a shock to me. Plus the funny thing is they never released the test results to me even though I requested them on many occasions and my primary care never got the results. Later they said they must have misplaced them because it was not in my file and the doc didn't have it. How convenient. The was the last I bothered to see him. On previous occasions he told me I should go to University of Maryland or John Hopkins for further work up but never stated why. Also when I did obtain copies of my records he stated I did not complain of chest pains - duh then why am I at a cardiologist? Also due to other medical conditions my blood pressure was very eradicate and he never gave me anything to get it under control until I saw another doctor who started freaking out when she saw my bp was high due to the pain I was in) and she in-turn called him and that is when he put me on something. He's an idiot. I think he was trying to make all the notes/records look like I didn't have any heart issues when I did as confirmed by my current cardiologist due to a chronic disease.

January 6th, 2015
The Best!
Blessed to have found Dr. shah.

November 19th, 2016