Dr. Nirmala Gonsalves MD Patient Reviews

3.0

January 26th, 2015
Too inaccesible
I think she is a good doctor; however, she and her staff are extremely inaccessible. It usually takes 3-4 days for someone from the office to return your call, even when you make it clear that you are experiencing a time-sensitive medical problem. It is very difficult to get in to see her, and once in the office, the wait time averages 30-60 minutes. This has become such a problem that I have decided to find a new doctor, and I would not recommend her to individuals looking for a gastroenterologist.

April 17th, 2014
No bedside manner
I saw her about a year ago. I would agree with the comment that she was more interested in research than finding the cause of my symptoms. I had the tests she ordered, and only learned the results thru the online system, with no comments to explain the results. She did not mention a return appointment. I called with sever symptoms one morning, and the nurse returned my call that evening, telling me to go to the ER. I went the next morning, and they ran tests. Again, I only learned the results thru the online system. I have not returned to see her, and have been at a loss for a good gastroenterologist. If only Dr. Charles Winans had not retired at UofC!

October 31st, 2012
Not satisfied
Doctor and staff more interested in research than conerned about treating my condition