Dr. Nirmala Kumar Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Nirmala Kumar?

July 2nd, 2015

Book based Dr. with no ear for patients

Book based Dr. who is more interested in assessing how well you fit the prescribed diagnosis than listening to your health concerns. Dismisses documented test results not performed at a lab she prescribes and pays no heed to test results she has ordered unless the results are grossly disproportionate. I have been fighting a lifetime illness . Dr Kumar did not display any compassion toward helping me but instead showed great zeal in trying to disprove my suspicions. Why don't we teach doctors to think outside the box? Isn't the goal to help the patient? Too many doctors dismiss patient concerns because the patient does not meet all the documented criteria. Dr. Kumar may have been having a bad day, but my experience with her proved that she was one of those doctors who see numbers and not people.

July 15th, 2013

Find A Doc Who Cares More...

I came in with dangerously high thyroid levels and just because I was not as symptomatic I felt they put me on the back burner. When I finally got in, Kumar didn't leave any room for questions, she seemed impersonal, and like she was tired of her job. After much waiting and test taking I had to call them to figure out what was going on, and then it seemed like she assumed my diagnosis because it is more common, and recommended surgery. Since my scans didn't coincide with what she diagnosed, I sought a second opinion and I am glad I did.

November 17th, 2012

DOESN'T SEEM TO CARE

I have been patient as long as I can. I've been seeing this doctor for a couple of years now, but my thyroid and pituitary problems have gotten worse, not better. I ask questions and she either can't or won't answer them. Two other doctors have told me I should not see her anymore, and a third one told me he's had several patients who've had problems with Dr. Kumar. I'm actually going to see someone 45 miles away now, so that my endocrine problems can be dealt with as they should be.

March 8th, 2012

Can't even get in...

Despite a referral and several abnormal test results - the doctor refused to see me because (even though she didn't see me) she didn't think my issue is endocrine related.

June 15th, 2011

Find someone else

Missed a couple serious things - I tried to talk to her about dehydration but she blew it off. Have since been diagnosed properly.

November 30th, 2010

kumar is the best

Dr Kumar and her staff are caring and great on the customer care end as well as getting the problem solved on the medical end. I highley recommend her. Book early - she is one busy doctor.

July 10th, 2009

incompetent

She needs to go back for some continuing education credits. Missed a blood report with a positive tumor marker!

December 22nd, 2015