Dr. Nirmala Yarra Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Nirmala Yarra?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

October 14th, 2013

Terrible

Dr. Yarra was my psychiatrist as a teenager, this was 10 years ago. I often think about the negative impact the medication this woman put me on. I gained 60 pounds in one year, which is very traumatic for a 16 year old girl to go through. I was put on 5 different medications at one time. I can tell you that i have been off medication for 8 years and it took me a long time to get my head out of the fog that was induced from being over medicated. I now see a commercial for one of the medications i was on that is prescribed for arthritic pain, but i was put on it for "mood stabilizer". How can this be? Not to mention I was one of the first patients to ever be prescribed this. This woman was so rude, judgemental and has the WORST bedside manner. She took two years of my life that i have no recollection of, and years after that struggling to get my mind and body back to normal. So, doc i hope your reading this and realizing that you can't remeber who I could be, because this is how you treated all of your teenaged patients.

February 4th, 2010

One of the best of the best Psychiatriststhat I had come across in Lehigh Valley and Phily area. Her credentials are impeccable.She not only spends time with the children and her patients as long as needed, but even follows up with the family beyong her call of duty day and night. She used the combo therapy like minimum medication maximun family and individual therapy. She is dedicated, patient, kind and willing to help and not be afraid of doing the right treatment for the patients. Some people who may not like her approach to be committed to the patients may be just disgruntled which only proves that her medical practice is more important than the individual likes and dislikes

February 17th, 2009

cruel. ignorant, simple minded RUINED MY LIFE

Dr. Nirmala Yarra was my primary care doctor while I stayed in Kids Peace Orefield's campus. She was extremely JUDGMENTAL, rude, uncaring, cold and we often ended our sessions with me walking out in shock and disguist. Because of her I was referred to an additional 6 MONTHS in treatment that I didn't need. It was the worst time of my life --she continually placed me on medication that I did not want and never listened to me or my parents. She is extremely rude and very opinionated. THE WORST PERSON FOR A DEPRESSED CHILD TO TALK TO DO NOT TRUST THIS WOMAN. The medication she put me on almost cost me my life.

January 11th, 2017