Family Physicians

12657 Seneca Rd
Irving, NY 14081
(716) 934-4400
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

|  Former Patient  |  show details
Jan 10th, 2014

My family has been going to Dr. Sharma for almost 10 yrs. Each visit we had very poor experience with her staff. Not as much at the Hamburg location, but at Silver Creek location , just unbelievably bad attitudes. It was easier in the beginning to get an appointment, but years later something changed. Once she got 2 locations... all the staff talked about was remember your co-pay. not "we care" and are following up, how are you doing??? We would wait about 15 - 25 mins. to only get her nursing staff, treating us like we are stupid. Tammi at SC was the worst, so we always tried not to make an appointment on the days she was working, if you call it that. When you finally got to see Dr. Sharma which wasn't much, even if your appointment was scheduled with her. She only spent a few minutes with you pushing drugs for a diagnosis. When she didn't even answer all my questions. If I had a script pad, I could have saved us the the gas money, the 45 mins. to an hour in her office, the $40 co-pay out of my pocket owed to her & that's before the $300 in script co-pays. REALLY!! Dr. Sharma's thinks her bedside manner is great. What a JOKE! On many occasions she herself has broken H.E.P.A laws by telling my husband & I about what was happening medically with friends of ours, that are her patients. Or were until we told them what she had said to us, about their condition's. Once my young adult daughter & I had appointment with her at the same time,but in different rooms. She seen me first then my daughter, after coming out of my daughters exam room, she made the comment. Oh & I told on you, to you daughter - "So now you are going to have more eyes on you!" WOW! I thought that is so illegal! What the heck! Please read this & save yourself! DON'T HAVE DR. SHARMA AS YOUR DOCTOR, UNLESS YOU DON'T WANT YOUR BUSINESS TOLD AROUND TOWN!

Jan 8th, 2014

Need to get more experienced staff. I called for a 30 day refill for a bp med, I explained that I had moved and had thought that I had one more refill and that I had scheduled a appt with a new primary in Florida. I had not been there in over 6 months and I understood that I should have followed up. But not giving a 30 day refill until someone sees another physician is poor practice. I asked the receptionist if she could pls. ask the MD if she would as a courtesy and she was snotty and said she could but she knows she wouldn't, due to not being seen in over 6 months.

|  Office Staff not good!  |  show details
Jan 3rd, 2014

Been a patient there for 2 years and always get a PA or NP. The Office Staff was rude and condescending to me. I switched my appointment as I would be out of town and they left me a message that I didn't show up and were going to charge me. I suggested they check their records as I did have a different appointment and were going to switch me to Billing. Until I said I can't believe that they didn't believe me and then they went on to change that appointment to a different time. Always confusion about test results and whether they are there or checked by the Dr. yet.

Aug 26th, 2013

Dr Sharma always seems rushed when I have seen her. She pushed unecessary meds, ignored my symptoms and wrote them off as anxiety (turned out to be very wrong). Very cranky staff except for a couple decent people. The head nurse there is a huge know it all and tries to diagnose you herself. Wait time has been about an hour. Dr sharma doesn't come across as being knowledegable about many conditions.The PA there is fresh out of college and is awful.

|  my visit  |  show details
by carrie c on May 24th, 2013

dr sharma was wonderful to me and my spouse she was caring and took the time to listen to all we had to say never rushing us , taking the time to get the facts straight. she never pushed any unecessary medicines on us and tried to help in any way she could.she was always there if we needed her even ansering the phone during the night. i would recommend her to anyone. there should be more like her in this world

|  Awful  |  show details
Sep 17th, 2012

Only cares about your copay-can't get a word in edge wise-agree with below, gives you a z pack before You tell her what's wrong

Apr 24th, 2012

dr sharma is a wonderful doctor, you could not ask for a better doctor , no matter how hard you looked. i would rate her the best.

|  unimpressed, pill pusher  |  show details
Sep 18th, 2011

seemed nice the first time we met, unfortunately my husband injured his back, dr sharma wasnt interested in finding out what was wrong, just kept pushig narcotics on him, actually gave 540 pills to him> the first time he mentioned his back, told him it was safe. now he is in rehab because of her. a horrible doctor

|  unhappy  |  show details
Nov 30th, 2010

I called and was able to make an appointment very easily. However, once i got there i was "greeted" by the unwelcoming staff and had to wait for the doctor who was 45 minutes late (i was the first appt of the day). I was interrupted halfway through explaining what i was feeling and she said she would give me a z pack. i was warned that this dr was notorious for using that as the cure-all but after reading the previous reviews decided to try her. and a week later i was calling a different doctor for the same problem. i could have been more efficient if i stayed home and googled my symptoms. Unhappy to say the least.

|  best doctor around  |  show details
by jacob price on Oct 13th, 2009

best doctor around.

Mar 11th, 2009

My nephew had been seeing his pediatrician since birth and he had been dx'd with many sinus infections, bronchitis and pneumonia throughout the years. At age 20, he began having symptoms of vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal pain. This went on for 5 mos everyday. He could only sleep for a hrs at a time and would wake up in terrible stomach pain. He lost 60lbs. He had always been very atletic and husky. Many tests were done and then his doctors just gave up without even a return phone call to him mom. He decided to change his doctor and went to see Dr. Sharma for the first time. She ordered lots of bloodwork and looked over his previous bloodwork and best of all, she listened to her patient. She ordered a few tests in which he had not yet had. One of the tests which was ordered was a sweat test (to check for cystic fibrosis). My nephew was positive for CF at age 20. We took him to Childrens hospital and all were very impressed that she even thought to have a 20yr old tested. Our entire family is greatly appreciative and impressed with Dr. Sharma since she is so caring and she actually listens. THANK YOU NISHA SHARMA!!