A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Nishan Fernando:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Nishan Fernando is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Nishan Fernando, MD is board certified in Hematology and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Clinical Research
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Fernando graduated from Duke University , Durham. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Fernando has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Saint Joseph'S Hospital Of Atlanta
- Emory Dunwoody Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Nishan Fernando MD is a male Internist, has 13 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Nishan Fernando practice?
- Dr. Nishan Fernando has 3 office locations.
Dr. Nishan Fernando practices Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology near Cumming, GA.
Additional practice locations include: Alpharetta, GA.
See Cumming Internists, Cumming Hematologists, and Cumming Oncologists.