A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Nishit Shah:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Nishit Shah is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Nishit Shah, MBBS, MD is board certified in Colon & Rectal Surgery and Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Colorectal Cancer
- Colorectal Surgery
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Education & Awards
Dr. Shah graduated from University Of Manchester, England. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Shah has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Women and Infants Hospital of RI
- The Miriam Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shah accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care - 6 plans
- Tufts Health Plans - 6 plans
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 1 plan
- Aetna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Nishit S. Shah practice?
Dr. Nishit Shah practices Colon & Rectal Surgery, Surgery, and Surgical Oncology near Providence, RI.
See Providence Surgeons.