Internists, Rheumatologist
6200 Pine Hollow Dr
Ste 400
East Lansing, MI 48823
(517) 339-1676
Locations and availability (2)

|  best docotor and office manager  |  show details
Nov 22nd, 2013

best Dr and staff is very friendly and I think new office manager is very helpful

|  Good Dr.  |  show details
by Jill Allen on Oct 17th, 2013

I have been very happy with the treatment I've received both by staff and Doctor. I believe they are interested in helping patients feel better with "necessary" medications and lifestyle changes.

Apr 1st, 2012

Dr Thakur is a very dedicated physician that administers caring and thorough care.

|  You truly need to find another Dr!  |  show details
Feb 26th, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Thakur for over 10 yrs. I met her at Dr. Beals when she was with her. I have never seen such a mess of an office in my life. They are very unprofessional, not caring, make mistakes...the list goes on. I have been lazy about finding a new Dr. but when I saw the media report about her and U.S. Rehab, that was the LAST straw!! She took x-rays of my neck/back last yr. and wanted me to go to U.S. Rehab. I chose to go to another PT office and they literally got mad at me. The office staff refused to fax over the referral and x-rays, my Ins. Co. had to call and demand they fax it over! I am finished with a Dr. who is so unprofessional from herself down to thru the office staff. And its almost IMPOSSIBLE to reach anyone on the phone when you need to do something simple like make an appt. Then you can be guaranteed even if you set the appt. with Dr. Thakur, you'll end up with someone else, like the MA or PA when you arrive. It's sad to see someone who tries to break out on their own and make something of themselves...only to fall flat on their face. But...with what I have seen in the last several years, its been a long time coming.

|  Worth the wait  |  show details
Jan 25th, 2012

I worked at Sparrow Hospital where I would see Dr. Thakur when she wasn't in Charlotte or working out of her Lansing/East Lansing office. A very smart woman who won't jump to any conclusions and is interested in getting all the information needed.

|  Helpful staff, competent doctor, and a good PA  |  show details
Jan 5th, 2012

I am 61 years old and have Sjogren's syndrome, fibromyalgia, degenerative disc disease, sleep apnea, PLM, dysphagia, and severe GI problems. I have a high pressure job (executive working 60 hours a week) and Dr. Thakur and Tony (the PA)understand my desire to continue working and prescribe pain meds that allow me to take the edge off the pain without affecting my cognition. She is also supportive of OTC meds like CoQ10 and magnesium. She doesn't over-prescribe and I have no concerns about addiction. I do my part by keeping my weight down, eating healthy foods (vegetarian) and working out on a recumbent stationary bike, free weights routines, and 40 minutes of pilates regularly. (Pilates is an excellent exercise for those with RA, Sjogren's or Fibro - it is extremely helpful). I think my health must be managed by a competent doctor and my commitment to not let these conditions dictate the quality of my life. The pain is intense sometimes but I push through it. I appreciate Dr. Thakur's support of my approach in dealing with diseases that could send me to bed and give up trying.

Nov 3rd, 2011

she is a very personable and compassionate doctor.

Oct 17th, 2011

I've been going to Dr. Thakur for many years. Recently, I've started to believe that they are just not listening. I've several concerns that are not being addressed. A positive ANA test and no further testing to find out the results. So far she's said that I have RA, and maybe lupus and last time she circled Fibromyalgia, so whats going on, she doesn't tell me. or when she does talk to me she speaks so quietly that I can't hear here. Odd since a majority of the folks go there are elderly. I've told her repeatedly that I'm hearing impared and still nothing. The last year and 1/2 I have not even seen here. An MA has been seeing me. I had issues with Orencia and it took two years before they listened to me about the amount of paid it was causing me. They put me on simponi after that and same thing. Now I'm only on paid relievers and plaquanal and nothing is helping. The pain comes back within 2 hours and I'm cold all the time, I feel like I'm running a fever, but when I tell them they do not listen. Its getting harder and harder to get an appointment. Last time I was forced to miss a week of work because they did not call in my meds, when I called in as an Emergency because of the paid they could not see me and then they still did not call in the meds. I'm looking for another doctor but not sure who to go to. I'm affraid of getting the same bad results!!!

|  I'm keeping my final appointment  |  show details
Aug 6th, 2011

I care a great deal about Dr. Thakur so I will keep my final appointment with her, NOT TO OBTAIN PAIN MEDICATION, so that I can do nothing other than have a face-to-face conversation with her regarding the staff.If after reading this post the staff suddenly cancels my appointment or will not allow me to see Dr. Thakur I will let all that have an interest now right ere on this website.I cannot say this enough: The sad truth when choosing a doctor is the doctor's staff and how they interact with patients.I can assure you I did everything possible from trying to buy (with flower and fruit baskets) their kindness. I never sought special attention (whatever that might mean) it was quite the opposite. The office requires you to call in monthly for medication refill. They told me at 1st to call 3 days prior to the need of a refill. (Remember in my last post: You supply the stamped, self-addressed envelope and they assured me a new prescription would be sent to me by mail; 95% of the time they failed to mail the RX in a timely manner. As I indicated 95% of the time I would run out of the medication and then I would have to drive to the office (28 miles R/T).When I dared to complain about the fact that I would be told the RX was in the mail only to discover it was never mailed, the office directed me to start making my refill request 5 days early. NOTHING CHANGED! Allegedly further up the ladder of Dr. Thakur's staff, I was told to start making my RX refill requests 7 days early. I did that by phone and also by fax. Do you think it changed? NO!!!!I tried to make an appointment with Dr. Thakur IN HER OFFICE ONLY....DENIED!!!! (I GUESS SINCE I AM NOT A DRUG REP, ONLY A PATIENT, I HAVE NOTHING TO OFFER)It is really a shame...I have mad respect and care for Dr. Thakur. I genui nely like her and would have loved Dr. T. to continue to be my doctor. All I have ever wanted was responsiveness from your office for myself and, in speaking with other patients whom I have never before, have the same problems (if not worse) with the office staff.

|  ******CAUTION******  |  show details
Jul 1st, 2011

I am not sure the Dr. is aware what is going on in her office relative to her office staff. If you are looking for an office that truly cares about you and your illness-look elsewhere. *******CAUTION******* They will literally hook you on Schedule II narcotic pain medication and from then on you will be at their mercy. (Or at least that is the what they honestly believe and are banking $ on.)I can't tell you the number of times they would promise to mail out my prescriptions (You must supply your own envelopes with stamps if you want prescriptions mailed out) and a week would go by and after I ran out of the Narcotic that they had me addicted to, I would call and they would say, "Oh, we have it sitting right here."The last straw is when they wrote me the WRONG SCHEDULE II NARCOTIC PAIN medicine and when I told them of their mistake on a Monday the first call I received was Tuesday where they ADMITTED TO THEIR MISTAKE, after getting it filled, I foolishly thought it would be corrected immediately. Wrong!!!!I did not talk to them again until Thursday morning WHEN I CALLED THEM and the aide said she was working on correcting the prescription right then. THE IMPORTANT POINT TO REMEMBER IS THAT I KEPT CALLING OVER AND OVER LEAVING MESSAGES SAYING IF YOU CANNOT REPLACE THIS RX (TUESDAY) TODAY PLEASE, TELL ME THE RIGHT WAY TO TAKE THIS MEDICATION SO I DO NOT OVERDOSE. NO RESPONSE!!! WHY? THEY DON'T CARE!!! THERE WAS SOMETHING ELSE THAT I FOUND ODD: THE DOCTOR'S OFFICE WANTED THE ACTUAL PILLS (MORPHINE) FROM ME BEFORE THEY GAVE ME THE NEW PRESCRIPTION. MY IMMEDIATE RESPONSE WAS, OKAY. BUT IN THE BACK OF MY MIND I WAS THINKING THAT IS JUST NOT RIGHT. I WOULD HAVE UNDERSTOOD IF THEY HAD REQUESTED THAT I TURN THEM INTO A PLACE THAT ACCEPTS THESE KINDS OF DRUGS AND BRING THEM THE RECEIPT, BUT THE ACTUAL PILLS????? I GUESS IT IS JUST ONE OF THOSE THINGS THAT YOU MAKE YOU GO HMMM!DOES THE DOCTOR KNOW THIS IS WHAT IS HAPPENING RIGHT UNDER HER NOSE? I STILL DO NOT KNOW! ALTHOUGH IT DOESN'T HONESTYLY MATTER....ONCE SHE SIGNED THAT WRONG PRESCRIPTION THEY PUT HER LIVELYHOOD IN JEOPARDY. THE OFFICE IS HER RESPONSIBLITY AND THE GUSTOPO WILL NOT LET YOU TALK TO HER.SO I HAVE MOVED ON AND IF YOU WERE THINKING ABOUT GOING TO HER I SAY THINK AGAIN. IF YOU ARE GOING TO HER PRESENTLY I WOULD GET OUT AND FIND A NEW NEW DOCTOR BEFORE HER OFFICE IS FORCED TO SHUT DOWN AND YOU ARE IN WORSE SHAPE THAN YOU ARE NOW...WITH THAKUR'S OFFICE THERE IS A CHANCE OF A RX BUT ONCE IT IS CLOSED YOU ARE REALLY IN TERRIBLE SHAPE.

Jul 1st, 2011

good luck getting ahold of someone at the office