Dr. Niti Thakur Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Niti Thakur?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Niti Thakur?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

August 5th, 2015

Love her, If I ever get insurance again I will be using her again.

July 2nd, 2015

Dr Thakur is a wonderful physician,, who always takes her time with you! You can count on getting your money's worth at each visit. There has only been one incident with a member of her staff thatI found irritating. After leaving her office following an appointment I realized that I did not have the paperwork I needed filled out. My daughter took it back up there and was told by a staff member that the office didn't out paperwork. Otherwise, a wonderful dr

June 30th, 2015

absolutely wonderful

A positive and helpful attitude, shares information from extensive experience and influences staff to have give the same treatment. Would recommend to anyone.

November 22nd, 2013

best docotor and office manager

best Dr and staff is very friendly and I think new office manager is very helpful

October 17th, 2013

Good Dr.

I have been very happy with the treatment I've received both by staff and Doctor. I believe they are interested in helping patients feel better with "necessary" medications and lifestyle changes.

April 1st, 2012

Dr Thakur is a very dedicated physician that administers caring and thorough care.

January 25th, 2012

Worth the wait

I worked at Sparrow Hospital where I would see Dr. Thakur when she wasn't in Charlotte or working out of her Lansing/East Lansing office. A very smart woman who won't jump to any conclusions and is interested in getting all the information needed.

January 5th, 2012

Helpful staff, competent doctor, and a good PA

I am 61 years old and have Sjogren's syndrome, fibromyalgia, degenerative disc disease, sleep apnea, PLM, dysphagia, and severe GI problems. I have a high pressure job (executive working 60+ hours a week) and Dr. Thakur and Tony (the PA)understand my desire to continue working and prescribe pain meds that allow me to take the edge off the pain without affecting my cognition. She is also supportive of OTC meds like CoQ10 and magnesium. She doesn't over-prescribe and I have no concerns about addiction. I do my part by keeping my weight down, eating healthy foods (vegetarian) and working out on a recumbent stationary bike, free weights routines, and 40 minutes of pilates regularly. (Pilates is an excellent exercise for those with RA, Sjogren's or Fibro - it is extremely helpful). I think my health must be managed by a competent doctor and my commitment to not let these conditions dictate the quality of my life. The pain is intense sometimes but I push through it. I appreciate Dr. Thakur's support of my approach in dealing with diseases that could send me to bed and give up trying.

November 3rd, 2011

she is a very personable and compassionate doctor.

October 17th, 2011

I've been going to Dr. Thakur for many years. Recently, I've started to believe that they are just not listening. I've several concerns that are not being addressed. A positive ANA test and no further testing to find out the results. So far she's said that I have RA, and maybe lupus and last time she circled Fibromyalgia, so whats going on, she doesn't tell me. or when she does talk to me she speaks so quietly that I can't hear here. Odd since a majority of the folks go there are elderly. I've told her repeatedly that I'm hearing impared and still nothing. The last year and 1/2 I have not even seen here. An MA has been seeing me. I had issues with Orencia and it took two years before they listened to me about the amount of paid it was causing me. They put me on simponi after that and same thing. Now I'm only on paid relievers and plaquanal and nothing is helping. The pain comes back within 2 hours and I'm cold all the time, I feel like I'm running a fever, but when I tell them they do not listen. Its getting harder and harder to get an appointment. Last time I was forced to miss a week of work because they did not call in my meds, when I called in as an Emergency because of the paid they could not see me and then they still did not call in the meds. I'm looking for another doctor but not sure who to go to. I'm affraid of getting the same bad results!!!

August 6th, 2011

I'm keeping my final appointment

I care a great deal about Dr. Thakur so I will keep my final appointment with her, NOT TO OBTAIN PAIN MEDICATION, so that I can do nothing other than have a face-to-face conversation with her regarding the staff.If after reading this post the staff suddenly cancels my appointment or will not allow me to see Dr. Thakur I will let all that have an interest now right ere on this website.I cannot say this enough: The sad truth when choosing a doctor is the doctor's staff and how they interact with patients.I can assure you I did everything possible from trying to buy (with flower and fruit baskets) their kindness. I never sought special attention (whatever that might mean) it was quite the opposite. The office requires you to call in monthly for medication refill. They told me at 1st to call 3 days prior to the need of a refill. (Remember in my last post: You supply the stamped, self-addressed envelope and they assured me a new prescription would be sent to me by mail; 95% of the time they failed to mail the RX in a timely manner. As I indicated 95% of the time I would run out of the medication and then I would have to drive to the office (28 miles R/T).When I dared to complain about the fact that I would be told the RX was in the mail only to discover it was never mailed, the office directed me to start making my refill request 5 days early. NOTHING CHANGED! Allegedly further up the ladder of Dr. Thakur's staff, I was told to start making my RX refill requests 7 days early. I did that by phone and also by fax. Do you think it changed? NO!!!!I tried to make an appointment with Dr. Thakur IN HER OFFICE ONLY....DENIED!!!! (I GUESS SINCE I AM NOT A DRUG REP, ONLY A PATIENT, I HAVE NOTHING TO OFFER)It is really a shame...I have mad respect and care for Dr. Thakur. I genui nely like her and would have loved Dr. T. to continue to be my doctor. All I have ever wanted was responsiveness from your office for myself and, in speaking with other patients whom I have never before, have the same problems (if not worse) with the office staff.

July 1st, 2011

good luck getting ahold of someone at the office