Nitin Bawa, MD

45 Sugar Sand Ln
Ste A
Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459
(850) 534-4170
Locations and availability (3)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  first visit  |  show details
by randy clawson on May 6th, 2014

I felt the staff was friendly,efficient easy to understand and knowledgeable. Most importantly Janet took the time to listen an understand my needs as a patient.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your positive feedback and encouraging words. Listening to people takes time, and we go out of our way to make time for every patient. Additionally, we maintain a rigorous hiring process and take great pains in training our staff to ensure they provide patients like you with quality care and service you deserve. Thus, we thank you so much for letting us know how we're doing, and if you ever have any problems, email us directly through our website or call us. We will be sure to take care of you. Regards!

|  Tired of feeling sick and tired, give Dr Bawa a try!  |  show details
by D on Apr 29th, 2014

I have not been in good health for several years, but thanks to Dr Bawa and his staff, I am feeling like a new person. The expanded labwork revealed a genetic condition that is treatable and has caused numerous problems for many years. Thank you Dr Bawa and staff for giving me my life back!

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your feedback. We're honored to be able to take care of you and to have such a glowing review! We're the only providers in the area that incorporate genetic testing into our routine blood work, so we're often able to make changes early in life that can make a big difference. We're so happy to know we made a difference in your life and you're experiencing good health. Thank you for your time and for trusting us with your care.

|  Patient  |  show details
by Donna Burgett on Apr 11th, 2014

Dr. Bawa cured me. I had went to many other doctors, but when I found Dr Bawa he was professional and new what he was talking about. The medication that he gave me for low iron made my heart palpitations stop and we are truly blessed to have Dr. Bawa in our area. He is a great physician and I am thankful he is my Doctor. His office staff is very friendly and you can tell they love their job and that they love helping others. Thank you Dr. Bawa and all of your wonderful staff.

Doctor's Response

Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm so happy to know our holistic approach to care helped us find the root cause of your problem and fix it without having to use medications to cover it up. We routinely find that many women are low in iron, but most physicians only check hemoglobin. Often times, these tests show normal even though iron levels are low. Thus, we check every patient's iron levels, and are finding that if we optimize that, energy gets better and palpitations can go away. We're also fortunate to have excellent staff to serve you and all our patients even though it took us some time before we got here. With that being said, I thank you for taking the time to let us know how we're doing and for entrusting us with your care.

by Sharon on Feb 21st, 2014

I have had other board certified general physicians in the past, but I have learned more about my health from Dr. Bawa than I ever learned from the others. Dr. Bawa looks deeper into a patients health that just the general lab testing. It is important to look at more than just the basics in preventative medicine. His combination as an internal medicine physician who also believes in holistic medicine when appropriate is very rare to find.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your feedback. Each patient is important to us, so my staff and I strive to delve deeper and use all methods available to provide the best care possible, including natural options. Although insurance pays for very short visits, we disregard this and spend quality time with our patients. Not to mention, all of our providers go to numerous conferences on anti-aging and hormones and natural therapies in order to stay abreast of the numerous alternatives. Thus, we're so happy our efforts have provided you with such positive results. I thank you for taking the time to let us know how we're doing and for trusting us with your care.

|  Very Poor Service, No Follow-ups, Does Not Refill Prescriptions in Timely Fashions  |  show details
by Seagrove Resident on Feb 2nd, 2014

Dr. Bawa has been my Doctor for 9 years since moving to Seagrove. In 2005 when he was building his business here in Seagrove, it was convenient and easy to get an appointment and his staff would actually call you back. However, in Decemeber 2013 I called and left a 2 messages that I needed to schedule an appointment as I was sick. He and his staff NEVER called me back! I needed the service of a Doctor again in September 2014 so I called the Seagrove office and it was like pulling teeth to get a convenient appointment. The receptionist tried to schedule me with one of Dr. Bawa's practitioners/assistant but I insisted I see Dr. Bawa. Once arrived, I waited ~30 minutes before his assistant took me to the examination room. Once in the room, his very loud mouth (she talked to me in yelling tone) practioner attempted to diagnose me but I insisted I see Dr. Bawa. She acted upset and her bedside manner was horrible. Finally, I got to see Dr. Bawa and was diagnosed and prescribed meds. Since then, there have been 2 times when I needed a refill and he and his staff failed to call in my prescription refill to the pharmacy and both times it was on a Friday so I had to go all weekend twice without my meds. This shows that he does not care about his patients and their well-being. I'm a business owner, so not only did he fail in his ethical responsibility to refill my prescription that I desperately needed but he has very poor business practices. He was more interested in trying to sell me vitamin supplements rather than getting to the core of my condition. I would feel safer in the hands of my dog's veterinarian. Beginning Monday, 02/03/2014 Dr. Bawa will no longer be my doctor. I would never recommend anyone to Dr. Bawa, especially if it was an emergency. His practices are terrible. He doesn't care about his patients, all he wants is your money.

Doctor's Response

I'm sorry you feel this way, especially after spending 9 years under my care. Unfortunately, I don't know who you are, but I can tell you that as a business owner, I'm sure you realize turnover can occur. Our office is no different. We have had some turnover in employees and/or we get a bad apple. It can take some time to replace these individuals. However, we have made positive changes to our staff, and we're functioning better overall. Patients can submit a message on our website as an alternative way to reach us. There is also a number to call on our after hours voice mail and can call that number if need be. Additionally, many people try to get narcotics approved on Fridays, and we purposely do not refill them on that day if we feel there's an attempt to manipulate usage. Unfortunately, it's a common way for people who are abusing meds to try to get them authorized quickly before the weekend. Now, I don't know if this relates to your situation, but this tends to be a common complaint. Our overall goal as a practice is to incorporate natural options when possible, and a lot of patients like that. However, we also get those patients who think we're trying to sell them stuff. What they don't realize is we do not make much of a profit on our supplements because a lot of them expire siting around. We also offer these supplements as a service because those found at places like Wal-mart are not of good quality. I have to say I'm sorry to hear you no longer feel we can provide you with the quality service and care we work hard to provide all our patients. I am, however, willing to make this right for you if you're willing to visit and speak with me. If not, I understand and wish you peace, goodwill, and the best of luck with your future care.

|  Well worth it!  |  show details
by Dottie Mossman on Mar 30th, 2013

A visit with Dr. Nitin Bawa is well worth it! He offers the latest techniques and services, and I felt we truly understood one another during the consultation. I was surprised to find that the treatment I sought, laser for sun-damaged skin, could be done within days. Dr. Bawa and his entire staff really take great pride in their work, and made this a pleasant experience. My husband's remark after the procedure; "That was well worth it"!

|  Patient  |  show details
by Cathy S on Mar 29th, 2013

Before seeing Dr. Bawa, I was not feeling well. I was run down after experiencing three infections, I had gained a lot of weight, and my blood pressure kept creeping up. Intergrative medicine interested me so when I saw his ad in "Natural Awakenings", I knew I wanted to see him. From the first visit, I was impressed with his sincere interest in my health. He was patient, he explained the tests he wanted to administer and when the results came in, he was thorough in going over the results. I am amazed after a month of treatment of the positive results. My blood pressure has gone down significantly, my hands no longer crack and peel, I have lost some weight and my joints are not painful. I am keeping a journal of the positive results. In my opinion, he is the best and I highly recommend him to men and women alike.

|  Dr. Bawa's Advice Helped Save My Uterus  |  show details
Nov 15th, 2012

I first came to Dr. Bawa while on vacation 3 years ago. I was having severe pain in my uterus, abnormal bleeding and had a urinary tract infection. I shared with him about the problems and pain I had been having since giving birth to my daugter 14 months earlier. My OBGYN back home had merely told me that what I was experiencing was normal after childbirth. Dr. Bawa treated my UTI and also strongly encouraged me to go straight home and find a doctor that would work with me and find what was causing my abnormal bleeding and pain. He said that my condtion was not normal and that I should not stop until we found the source. He said, "If you were my patient, I would have you in my care until we found the problem and treated it." "Don't take no for an answer," he said. I took his advice, went home, found a wonderul new OBGYN and told her what Dr. Bawa had said. She found out that I had an infection in my uterus left over from childbirth that had gone untreated for 14 months. I had to do several rounds of antibiotics, as well as a laproscopic hysteroscopy exploritory DNC. I was very close to loosing my uterus for good. Had we gone any longer with it untreated, it would have been a loss. She was able to save it. I was told that I might not be able to get pregnant again, and that if I was able to that it could take a while. After 8 months of healing, my body was finally back to normal, and my uterus was in great shape! I was able to start trying to get pregnant. Guess what? I got pregnant that first month. I am now the proud mommy of 2 beautiful healthy children. I truly believe that Dr. Bawa cared enough to give me the right advice that helped save my uterus and made me well again. I'm very thankful for good doctors that care enough to go the extra miles for their patients. Now that I live her in Santa Rosa Beach, Dr. Bawa is my doctor for sure!

|  GReat Weight Loss and Health Experience  |  show details
Oct 5th, 2012

Dr. Bawa rocks! he is one of the best Doctors in this area and his staff is first class. They are professional yet understanding and very responsive to your requests. Two employees in particular, Erica and Kendra, always remember my name and never make me wait when my need can be quickly dealt with.. this is what you expect in customer service. I strongly recommend Dr. Bawa for your weight loss and medical needs.

|  Best care...!!!!  |  show details
Sep 18th, 2012

After a long time to visit this office I am expecting to come back. The Doctors and all the people involved with my health are very carefull and interested to see my health improved and get better.....!!!!.I thank them very much for everything they do for me.......Thank you.

|  About time  |  show details
Aug 30th, 2012

It's about time I found a Doctor that really knows what he is doing! I've been very happy with Dr. Bawa for the past year. i'm also more comfortable going to the office since he had the good sense to fire Kathy. Never had I been made to feel as insignificant as she made me feel. She was rude to the other staff as she felt she was better at everything. My overall health has improved as has my outlook on my life. Thank you Dr. Bawa

Aug 16th, 2012

All the staff at Dr. Bawa's office are friendly and helpful. I feel so much better since getting on the bio-identical hormones. When I have a medical problem I call and I get in right away. I highly recommend Dr. Bawa and both of the PA's here

|  Don't waste your time!  |  show details
Aug 14th, 2012

The staff is a joke! They know how to do nothing. Every time I call about a bill no one can help me except Kendra. I can never see the same person and these poor nurses need to go back to school. This is about my 5th visit and every time there is someone new. Why can't he keep staff? I'm changing Doctors and advise others to do the same . This clinic is going down hill fast!

|  I agree with "He's a quack"  |  show details
Aug 7th, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr Bawa's for a number of years. He used to be a good MD who cared. Since he opened his new office, I have had second thoughts. I now see keri in his Destin office since it is more convenient for me. He seems to keep pushing new procedures that actually insult me and I am NOT interested in. I am grateful that he has his nurse practitioner who I prefer because Keri actually cares about my medical needs. I am most insulted by his child who runs rampant through the office and waiting room when his wife is around. Dr Bawa, this is NOT India! Bring your child to work in America was on April 25, 2012. Your child is NOT cute in a professional setting.

Doctor's Response

We care deeply about our work and our patients and my wife has to come to work sometimes when there is no baby sitter. We are very family oriented and even our attorney brings her five year old daughter to work and she grew up in Florida. I think it is prejudiced to make a comment about India. I care deeply for my patients and we do a great job. Keri has been trained by me and we all try to treat patients well. With falling reimbursement, I think all doctors will need to provide optional treatments to survive. There have been several doctor practices in the area that have closed down but we have actually grown. However, I a still primarily an Internal Medicine physician who offers other treatments.

|  my over all well being is great  |  show details
Jul 27th, 2012

I feel so much better since I became a patient of Dr.Bawa. I am 59 years old and I feel like I am 30. My homones are finally in order. I have lost weight.Dr. Bawa has a wonderful staff. I had a treatment called themage which has shaved a few years off of my face without surgery. Dr. Bawa ,his wife have really changed my life. Mary is great nurse I really enjoyed meeting her.

|  Too much turn over in staff  |  show details
Jul 24th, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Bawa for several years. He is a good doctor but his staff cannot answer the simplest of questions. Billing issues, claims filed wrong and every time I go in there is a new face working here, He had a nurse that was wonderful but she is now gone too. I may have to look else where for care

|  Pleasant  |  show details
Jul 19th, 2012

It was a pleasure to go to my appointment today without having to deal with Kathy. I have always been happy with Dr. Bawa. He has helpped me a lot and I think his prices are in line with everyone elses. I have noticed that I wait a few minutes more then I used to but believe me when i'm with him and he is spending time with me and actually listening to me and helping with me care it is worth it! Thank you!

|  Dr. Bawa is a Quack  |  show details
Jul 17th, 2012

Patient BEWARE!! Very misleading, dangerous doctor! Too many gripes to list..billing, advice, procedures, bait and switch. Is not a man of his word. Rude!!

Doctor's Response

This patient is complaing because she does not want to pay her bill. We talked at length but this is an attempt to not pay for services. Unfortunate.

|  ding dong  |  show details
Jun 8th, 2012

the witch is gone

|  Don't waste your time.  |  show details
Apr 25th, 2012

Does not call in scripts in a timely manner. Does not show up for his own appointments. Waiting time increased to >1 hour. Now overpriced for patient services.

Doctor's Response

Dear Sir or Madam, I'm sorry you feel this way. Most patients report the opposite. I'm not sure who you are or your situation, so I'm not sure if I can effectively address your concerns. What I can say is I do my best to provide prompt and quality care for my patients. There are times, however, when patient needs can set our calendar back, or when a patient has an unanticipated emergency. As you can imagine, I have no control over these situations. We also use physician assistants and nurse practitioners to help alleviate the wait times; however, a patient has the right to ask for me if need be. As for prescription refills, my staff does what they can to ensure all refills are updated promptly, but we serve many patients and work with many pharmacies. Not all systems function perfect 100 percent of the time. Additionally, part of our mission is to provide cost-effective care and most people say our prices are great. We do everything possible to help patients get a clear understanding of their insurance benefits and out-of-pocket expenses before going forward with any appointment or procedure. If there are any issues with cost, we're more than happy to answer any questions or address concerns a patient has, but we can't do so if the patient doesn't notify us of his or her concerns during the time of the appointment. With that being said, I apologize if you were not treated in the manner you saw fit. If you would like to discuss in length any misgivings or concerns about your experience, please call my office. Regards, Dr. Nitin Bawa, MD

|  LORDY  |  show details
Apr 23rd, 2012

PLEASE TELL KATHY TO LEARN SOME MANNERS I'M APALLED.

|  Wow  |  show details
Feb 10th, 2012

I shouldn't have to listen to office staff arguing between themselves when i'm sick and waiting to see the doctor. That older lady was really rude to the other girl. I felt bad.

|  Grateful  |  show details
Jan 6th, 2012

I am one grateful patient. For the first time in probably years I will that my overall health is improving and that I have been accurately diagnosed. My family has noticed the difference in me saying that I seem happier and more positive about my life. I do have agree with a couple other reviews that Kathy is not the kindest of office staff but I can put up with that as long as you continue to make me feel like I can live my life again.

|  Very Happy  |  show details
Nov 29th, 2011

I just want to take a moment to tell you Dr. Bawa that you have made an amazing difference in my life. I am so grateful for your treatment and the fact that you obviously care about me. I am thrilled that you have a new office that is closer to me as I do not care for Kathy and have had a couple bad experiences with her attitude and her rude and sometimes condescending approach to me. You however are a blessing. Thank You.

|  Dr Bawa "A Pillar of our Community"  |  show details
Nov 17th, 2011

Dr Bawa has been treating my family for over a year now and I truly dont know what we would do without him. Hes very experienced in diagnosing and knowing how to mix different types of medications (when necessary) for the right balance that makes you feel great! Most of all, hes truly compassionate and a very good listener. He lives right here in Destin Florida and you see him around town from time to time with his lovely family. Hes a doctor with the right balance of hard work, a great family and truly cares and supports the community.

|  OUTSTANDING PHYSICIAN & STAFF  |  show details
Nov 10th, 2011

I have been going to and recommending Dr. Bawa for about three years. Over the past 60 years, I have seen many physicians and and had several major surgeries. Dr. Bawa is the most knowledgeable physician in his field that I have ever met. His staff is truly outstanding. Especially Kathy, who has done so many things that are above and beyond what one would expect from an Office Staff. She and Shruti have put Dr. Bawa on the map. The only time I've ever sent a Thank You letter to any doctor was about 2 years ago, to Dr. Bawa & Kathy.Although Dr. Bawa takes negative comments very seriously, I have to chuckle and realize these comments are from people who were ill and probably not operating at 100%. Both Dr. Bawa and Kathy have excellent reputations and can do quite well without these patients.

|  awsome doctor and staff  |  show details
Nov 3rd, 2011

I would like to say that i have been seeing Dr. Bawa since he opened his clinic in santa rosa beach. I find that through his growth I have seen some staff come and go. The staff he has now is wonderful...but i have been dealing with kathy since the day she started. I find her to always be very helpful and a person who goes the extra mile to help. There has been many times i have called at the last minute for an appointment and without hesitation or excuses she found a way to fit me in. Kathy as well as the whole staff are a true asset to Dr. bawa. I read the review that says Kathy is unfriendly and somewhat cold with little compassion I am sorry you feel this way but I cannot say enough good about her and the whole staff.

Nov 2nd, 2011

The staff is wonderful...Kathy has always gone out of her way to help fit me into a very busy office schedule and balances it with a smile. Dr. Bawa's business has grown from being a walk-in clinic to a full service wellness center and Dr. Bawa and staff have maintained a professional pace with all the success.

|  Excellent doctor and staff  |  show details
Nov 1st, 2011

Dr. Bawa's soft spoken manner is exactly what I need when illness and life in general sends me to the doctor's office. I always have a list of questions to discuss with him and he takes the time to go through everyone with me to make sure I am totally clear on what to do. Dr. Bawa is the most detailed doctor I have ever been to about diagnosing problems and working on solutions.A plus...his staff is friendly and helpful! Their customer service skills are excellent.

|  Excellent Medical Care  |  show details
Oct 24th, 2011

Dr. Bawa has given me excellent care. I finally feel that someone is paying attention to my needs. The only complaint I have is that Cathy continues to be unfriendly and somewhat cold with little compassion. Other then that the other office staff continues to be kind and courteous.

|  treated poorly  |  show details
Sep 13th, 2011

Dr. Bawa i am sorry i wont be back. you were helpful and i appreciate that but i have never been treated in such a rude way before like Cathy was to me. I came home wishing i had said something to you about it but I was not comfortable. your other office were very nice to me. this is the second time i left your office being upset by the way she made me feel.

Doctor's Response

We are very sorry you had a bad experience. We will investigate this in detail and take the necessary actions. Thank you for your comments

|  Excellent Dr.  |  show details
Aug 3rd, 2011

I like Dr. Bawa and regard him as an excellent Dr. I do not care for Kathy as she has been abrupt and unkind to me and my needs. I do not like the fact that I could overhear her making unkind remarks about him to another patient. I will go back though because I am confident in Dr. Bawa.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your input. We will investigate this and take the necessary actions.

|  EXCELLENT Doctor & Staff  |  show details
Jun 23rd, 2011

I am blown away at a few of the comments. Guess every doctor has a few zany patients. I have seen this doctor many times. He is HIGHLY recommended by people in the medical field & educated locals. He is very through and gives ample time & dedication to each patient and returns calls after hours if you need him. Kathy does have allergie, she can't help it and she is excellent and very professional and friendly. He also had a lovely billing manager that back up for Kathy for years but not aways is backup available for any small business. Plus, even if Kathy was sick, 1) she got it being a caring person putting her health (as all in medical field do) for you and me. 2)knowing them, I don't think she would come if she was contagous, 3) she might need the money just like the rest of us who at some tims if not many have gone to work many times sick, He and his staff are VERY CARING and one of the top leading doctors in the area. He and Kathy have responded immediately to my calls, appointments are easy to schedule and he is timely as he doesn't do the triple booking some doctors do. The only reason he would possibly not be timely is if there was an emergecny or sensative situation or walk ins. What more can I say, he's leading edge in technology. I also like the exceptionally clean office. I drive a considerable distance for his expertise. Lastly, I think people should put thought into anything they write especially if it could be impulse and have negative impact on others.

|  please  |  show details
Mar 25th, 2011

i like the doctor very well but 'kathy' is just awful rude and made me fill really bad that i walk in sick

Jan 17th, 2011

If it were not for the front office manager i would not come back. She is friendly, knowledgable and very caring. Dr. Bawa is short on personality and does not to really seem to care about my needs.

|  Have been several times.  |  show details
Sep 23rd, 2010

I have visited Bawa on several times. I like him and he seems very well respected in the area. I have always been pleased.

|  front lady  |  show details
Aug 11th, 2010

i like dr bawa but the lady at the front desk always looks like she crying.

Jul 26th, 2010

I love everything about the services provided. Dr. Bawa takes the time to understand his patient's needs and goals. He takes a calculated and comprehensive approach toward a goal of wellness. The office staff is friendly and efficient

Jun 22nd, 2010

Dr. Bawa is approachable and attentive. He listened, cared and addressed my health concerns. The first day I met him - I was in tears of desperation and sleep deprivation. I recenlty left his office with tears of accomplisment and blessing. Thank you, Dr. Bawa

|  Donna McDaniel  |  show details
by Donna McDaniel on Apr 28th, 2010

I have found Dr. Bawa to be very pleasant, attentive and knowledgable. He takes his time and is very thorough. I never feel rushed. i have never had a problem getting or changing an appointment, the wait time is minimal.His staff is friendly and helpful.

Mar 3rd, 2010

His is a small office and any upset will delay appointments to a large degree.He is interested in cross selling vitamins and other treatments that may not relate to your diagnosis.

|  Should have asked the locals for a good doctor  |  show details
Jan 22nd, 2010

I'm visiting Florida with my family and did a search on my mobile phone and he showed up on top of the result set , so I called his office and made and appointment. Big mistake, his staff was very inexperienced, the doctor himself was really unsure of anything and the waiting room including pre selected TV channel was just one big advertisement for laser plastic surgery procedure repeating over and over again. I had to wait for almost an hour watching idiots talk about how great laser fat cell destruction is!!! After the fact, I was talking to some of the locals and basically the expressed that he was the worst doctor in the area.

Doctor's Response

Dear Sir or Madam, I'm sorry to hear you did not receive the prompt treatment or service you felt you deserved, and I'm sorry you feel this way. I actually remember you and the situation, but we remember things quite differently. First, we take acute care patients, but we tell them there is a longer wait. There's actually a big sign in the front office stating this. Hence, this may explain your longer than usual wait. As to your comments about patients in the waiting room stating "I'm the worst doctor," I'm a bit surprised by that. First, I don't understand why they would be there to see me if I was the worst doctor. Additionally, online patient reviews reflect the opposite. On the Vitals website, out of 48 patient reviews and 42 comments, I'm rated as "Excellent." I trained really hard to get here and I'm confident in the results I get my patients. However, I admit I don't get things right 100 percent of the time. With that being said though, I'm not sure if this review is just about your wait or if it's about the situation that occurred. I think maybe my intentions were somehow misconstrued when I looked to you to answer important questions about the patient's illness and symptoms. If this is the case, I apologize and encourage you to call my office to clear up any misunderstanding that may have occurred. Every patient matters to me, so I hope to hear from you soon. Kind Regards, Dr. Nitin Bawa, MD

|  Not the best experience  |  show details
Jan 22nd, 2010

His staff represented by only one lady had a really nasty cough and unfortunately two days after I visited his office I was coughing just like she was. If you are sick stay at home, and for a busy office like his, I just don't understand why he cannot hire more than one administrator / nurse such that if one is sick she can be sent back home for some rest! Doctor's skills are still to be determined, he is fresh out of medical school and if you are having serious problems outside the common cold, take my advise and go somewhere else.

Doctor's Response

Our front desk person occassionaly has an allergy problem but this is not communicable. We are expanding our office and have hired addtional personnel. The doctor received his MD in 2001 and has many years of experience but looks young only because he exercises and takes care of his health.

|  Family Doctor  |  show details
Dec 25th, 2009

Has always been avasilable..discusses test results at length, answers questions,seems to be always knowledgeable about latest medicines and treatments,coordinates information from other Drs. we might see:Specialists and doesn't hesitate to refer us if he thinks it is necessary to get another op[inion.

Nov 3rd, 2009

Dr Bawa took care of my loved one with a very caring manner. He takes time with the patient and listens to what they have to say. Did not feel rushed at all. Very caring staff too.