Dr. Nizar El-Khalili MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

September 2nd, 2016
You'll be disappointed
Took FOREVER to finally get an appointment, and when the appointment finally happened, the visit was so short I don't even think he spent 10 minutes with me. Does not care about his patients as people, he just wants to get the appointment over with and send you on your merry way. Or I guess if you just want a prescription and to get out of there ASAP, he's just what you're looking for. And forget about convenience. Getting a hold of the office is next to impossible - you can't even call over lunch hour because for some reason they need a full hour and a half for lunch each day and you can only get the answering service during that time. And the answering service can't even take a message for you. Most inconvenient and lousy psychiatrist I've ever encountered.

February 5th, 2016
Don't waste your time and money
It was almost impossible to set up an initial appointment. I played phone tag with the office for almost 3 weeks before I ever spoke to anyone directly. And more than half the times I tried calling, I got the answering service; they don't even let you leave a message. Don't try calling during lunch hours, you will get nowhere. Now that I finally have been going to monthly appointments, I can speak about the doctor himself. Terrible. Ignored what I said about the negative side effects of the medication, spent 10 minutes at the most during each appointment. While trying to figure out the right dosage of meds, he really should have had me come in more than once a month. But instead, when my symptoms got dangerously worse within 2 weeks of starting a new medication, I made an emergency appointment. I went back 2 weeks later for my regularly scheduled appointment, and he had lost the paperwork from the last appointment (but I was still billed of course), and I had to remind him that I had even been there. Just find somewhere else to go, don't waste your time and money.