Dr. J Onwuta MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 16th, 2016
THE BEST DOCTOR I HAVE SEEN IN YEARS! FANTASTIC!
Dr. Onwuka is one of the rare doctors that actually listens takes the time to navigate through what your personal problems are and the proper requirements to treat fantastic Dr

July 1st, 2016
Absolutely the best Dr.i have.love this man.

April 28th, 2016
nice to be a patient not a number

November 23rd, 2015
Deception and lack of ethics, can't believe Advocate Employs a Sadistic ---
The first visit is deceiving as it is thorough. All appointments after you are invisible and get 5 minutes or less. I expect a monthly appointment especially after receiving injections, but with out even consulting me, my appointments are deleted and I see I am holding 2 months of prescriptions. I was crying for 45 minutes in the exam room waiting beyond the half hour in the waiting room, and he didn't care for the past 5 months my pain has not in the least been managed. I have to repeatedly call to get scripts corrected so they can get filled. I have yet to receive medicine that allows me to participate in family functions due to chronic excessive pain. Onwuta had to be forced by a Goodsheperd Hospital nurse to reconsider hearing my cries for pain relief. After a second half hour of arguing or pleading on deaf ears, I was instructed to take an additional pill of my current prescription and a nurse or Alice, the office manager, would call to schedule more epidurals the following Wednesday AND tell me to come get a new script for stronger pain med. The call never came. I had to drive to a further office to get the script after staff thought I was making this up, only to find out the script was unable to be filled until after the weekend and I was completely out of medicine Saturday night. The staff and doctors know the new laws, and should have offered to pre-confirm my increase in dose with my pharmacy to avoid any delay in having it filled. If your pain is stable and don't like monthly visits, he's the lazy doc for you. If you have yet to have your pain at a manageable level, don't get suckered in by a deceitful first visit. I cry every night and most days in fits of pain and have even told his staff I would rather be dead than face another month of this. I told it to the doctor too, but he feels things might change in a month, which I heard for the past 5 months. Yeah they get worse with cold and storms.

December 18th, 2014
Worth the wait
Dr Onwuta took a lot of time to review my conditions, medical test history. The time to get an appointment was very long lead time, but I find that to be true of a lot of specialists lately. The thoroughness of the exam were exceptional. He's the first pain management guy that I felt listened carefully to me.

October 6th, 2014
no care and no calls
First emergency appointment,, wait time 1 hour and 15 minutes. Second emergency appointment , no apologies and a headache med for extreme pain, They called in hydromorphone after I told this Dr. Nothing stronger than norco.I took them for 2 days and threw them away. Third emergency appointment he tells me to take two headache meds after I had explained that the first one didn't work.I tried to fire them and they sent the ambulance and police to my appartment twice within a week.After three emergency appointments nothing solved.Please think carefully before you make an appointment with this place.

February 17th, 2011
Very attentive and knowledgable. I have been seeing Dr for 3 year for back issues.

November 3rd, 2009
DONT GO HERE
MIXES XANAX AND OTHER MEDICATIONS WITH SUBOXONE! VERY DANGEROUS!

September 11th, 2008
Immediate and personal relief
The only downside to this doctor may be the in office wait time, but he will gladly spend all time needed with you.