Family Practitioner, Internist, Hospitalist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  GREAT OFFICE  |  show details
by Amanda on Aug 15th, 2013

Very pleasant receptionist. Can get lab tests and my pacemaker checked. Accurate diagnosis. Dr. Starkey decreased the number of medications I was taking so I saved money and felt better.

Feb 21st, 2013

Had same day Uscis exam

|  very compassionate  |  show details
Nov 30th, 2012

helped me get through tough time with suboxone

|  Shoulder pain  |  show details
Sep 13th, 2012

Went to the dr a week ago with shoulder pain and he told me in front of the student (which he never asked if the student could join us) that I slept wrong - one week later I am still in the same amount of pain and fear I dislocated it!! I am seeking another opinion today!

|  Dr. is caring front desk a little hard to deal with  |  show details
Sep 4th, 2012

Dr.Starkey is a caring Dr. who listens and tries to do his best for your condition.I have recomended him to few people.All in all he is a good Dr.C.Becker

Jul 20th, 2012

The medical assistants are amazing. Very nice staff once you visit a few times. My biggest problem is that they do not return phone messages. I received a voicemail a few days ago telling me that my bloodwork came back positive for a disease and I have yet to hear back from them after several messages. This is not the first time this has happened to me where I left a detailed message and was never called back.

|  empathy  |  show details
Jul 11th, 2012

This doctor has a caring additude, he is extremly smart, does not tolerate being late, but you will be seen within 10 min, wow,as a rn I cannot tell you how valuable this quality is. He CARES, HE LISTENS, and he is very smart. Stop looking and get a appointmentr before he stops taking patients.OH, he will prescribe narcodics, if warrented, but will test you if you abuse them. sincerly Jim Roberts, the caring group, RN.

|  change of bedside manor. Frosty and her rude front desk people is a shame.  |  show details
Jun 20th, 2012

i am totally shocked at his lack of compassion. i have been a patient since Dr.Lee who got my blood pressure and found out i have degeneative disc disease.She left so i gave him a chance .Very compassionate at first.he prescribed new meds for me. Now they call it narcotic Fridays, he drug tests everyone.Insurance didn't pay the 155.00.i WENT IN WITH 2 FRACTURES in wrist and he wanted to drug test me while i was in extreme pain. He totally didn't think that peeing in a jar with broken wrist was impossible. DON'T CARE. i realize he said i had marijuana in pee and he would take me off meds cold turkey. I AM PUSHING 60 and I don't think i deserve to be treated this way. Its legal for medical use in CT.i DON'T SMOKE MUCH BECAUs of cost. I would rather take a plant than all of the addictive meds. he gives me,the side effects and possible effects on liver and such are very scary.

Oct 20th, 2011

This doctor is very professional. His office staff is not. They are loud, rude, and down right annoying. If you call with a question you get voicemail. If his staff feel you have a legitimate question, then the doctor calls you back. The head office person plays dumb if you complain. The medical asses roll their eyes behind your back. Mrs. Clause at the front desk is frostier than the north pole. Its almost like the doctor has no say in who his office staff are. He always is compasionate and really listens when I have a problem in the office. He makes me feel very comfortable discussing things with him. I wish he would change his staff. I have seen and heard how they talk to patients. If they like you then sweet as sugar, if not, they treat you like gum stuck on the bottom of their shoe. If you need to speak to the doctor on the phone it is best to call after hours, he will return your phone call. He is annoyed when he hears that you have called multiple times and wonders why your issues weren't addressed during office hours or why he wasn't told you needed a refill on a prescription which you called about a week earlier.

Oct 11th, 2011

I do not like this office, you call and most of the time you get an answering machine. I have asked Dr. Starkey how long to go off plavix for gum surgery and he told me to ask the endondontist. Very slow to reorder prescriptions. Office staff very rude, too many in a bad mood. Have found a different doctor.

Mar 25th, 2011

The Dr. is nice and shows caring, his staff on the other hand is very rude. They don't care if you are standing there, they will just finish there conversations. There is the one lady with white hair that is the worst, she is always in a bad mood or that is her every day mood. I was with them because my previous Dr left so I was stuck with Dr Starky. Again the Dr Starky is wonderful it is just everyone else that is horrible.

|  This doctor rocks!!!  |  show details
by Barbara on Feb 13th, 2011

If you can get Dr. Starkey as your primary care doctor, do yourself a favor and do so!

|  A great doctor  |  show details
Oct 10th, 2010

I found Dr. Starkey to be a kind, caring, compassionate doctor. He takes time and listens to what I say. It is also refreshing that he is not a pill pusher, like many doctors these day are.Thank you Dr. Starkey, keep up the good work!!

Oct 7th, 2010

Fixed problems i had been complaining to my last pcp for years

Aug 6th, 2010

Dr. Starkey saw me quickly, appointment same day I called. I just found a magazine to read when it was I was taken to exam room.Dr. Starkey took time to listen to my complaints. I did not feel rused at all. He accurately diagnosed my problem and was familar with all medications I was taking. He knew quickly which medication to prescribe. He gave me samples to start and was able to electronically send a script to my pharmacy.