Dr. Noel Chiu MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 23rd, 2015
Looking elsewhere
I read previous reviews on Dr. Chiu that were not favorable re: his bedside manner. I have not had that experience with him. He is professional, thorough, and gives good explanations. You will have to wait, and you will have to come back multiple times so that he can bill for every little service allowed. I once had to wait over an hour in the middle of a procedure because his assistant had to eat lunch. If you know your assistant has to take a lunch break then adjust your surgery schedule around it. If you are a working professional that is annoying. His office staff are incompetent and rude and for that reason I am looking for another dermatologist. They kept calling to confirm an appointment that I had cancelled on 3 separate occasions, and then asked why I needed to reschedule. I am sorry but its really none of your business why a client needs to reschedule, and it comes across as acustatory. Then, they constantly remind you of your co-pay before you even come in and immediately after you walk in the door before you can even get your wallet out - as though you are planning somehow to get out of the building without paying. At least let me get signed in before badgering me. I'm not a criminal and I don't appreciate being treated like one.

May 14th, 2013
The staff is friendly although the office is a little out dated. My family and I have seen Dr Chiu for many years and he always has a smile on his face when he enters the room but rarely makes eye contact. He seems knowledgable, however, if you question his advice he takes it as a personal attack rather than expanding on why he is persuing this course of treatment. For this reason my family and I will be seeking a new Dermatologist.

August 16th, 2017