Dr. Noel Curry MD Patient Reviews

• Gastroenterology Rancho Mirage, CA

2.3

August 10th, 2016
This Dr. is the worst person I have ever dealt with. RUDE, DOES NOT LISTEN, has what I would call a GOD COMPLEX. Bedside Manner HORRIBLE, makes you and your concerns unimportant, and I was told that he was the Dr. and knew what was best for my health, after an endoscopy with him, I was throwing up blood and was told not to worry about it. DO NOT EVER GO AN SEE HIM, HE SHOULD LOOSE HIS LICENSE TO PRACTICE!!!

June 29th, 2016
Dr. Curry told me right up front that he does not so to speak sugar-coat anything. I said most patients want the truth right up front. I do. I would highly recommend Dr. Curry. I believe he is a good doctor.

November 2nd, 2015
A highly professional, thorough surgeon.
I've seen Dr. Curry for about 10 years. He's always been very professional and answers all my questions. He has operated on me 3 or 4 times. He is succinct, which some may consider rude, but his knowledge is great and I prefer someone with high intellect than someone who isn't as bright or experienced. I would recommend him to anyone who needs a surgeon.

July 27th, 2015
Less than one star
Can't say about accurate diagnosis but would give him less than one star on bedside manner. There isn't any; he was rude, hurt me and did not apologize.

July 13th, 2015
Ex-patient' review of doctor Curry
Worst experience with a doctor. I am sorry but the only word that would describe Dr. Curry's behavior towerds me would be "obnoxious". Even though I have exellent health insurance, he was more interesting in how he was going to get paid and spend most of the visit talking about it. He did ask me one or two questions about my health issues, but then when I read my patient summery report I realized he did not lesson to my answers. Needles to say , I did cancel my next appointment with him.

April 26th, 2015
Patients
My husband & I are both patients. He was very professional with us. Did a follow up on both of us. His staff were very sweet. We hope to us him again in the future!

October 26th, 2012
Worst Experience!
Had by far the worst expierence at Mr.Curry's office! Went in for a consultation and left after 10 min. He was pleasant at first until he brought up & asked how I was paying for my visit, I explained my insurance covers & I do not have a co-pay. He then continued to press on the subject of payment,I felt he was more interested in money than he was interested in my health care. I was appalled & do not think anyone should be treated this way! I would not reccomend him to anyone!

June 29th, 2012
Would not recommend!!!

September 12th, 2011
I'm fine with him but his STAFF sucks!
He does have a quirky way about him, but i was very happy with Dr. Curry. However, his STAFF totally changed my appt without telling me then tried to blame it on me, after I had been waiting for 45 min! I HATE going to his office because I have to deal with his staff. Also the only office I have to pay for a co-pay that I don't owe one to. We'll see if I get it returned. I thought he was quite efficient and loved that he did all his "paper work" via computer. I also like that I can communicate with him via internet. Haven't gone back because of the STAFF screw up but I need to.

September 11th, 2011
he is very unprofessional he sues patients that after he bills the insurance provider he then charges a 250 dollar fee and gets double payments to perform a colonscopy but then has his receptionists calls the day before the procedure and cancels on them. he then sues them for the fees so that the judge will favor him over the patients after reviewing it. ive got paper work on this.

August 20th, 2011
Amazingly professional, courteous and knowledgeable
My GP recommended that I get a colonoscopy, based on my age and family genetics. I was given a list of specialists to chose from, and after asking some friends who know about such things (P.A.,head nurse) chose Dr. Curry. He was professional, charming, detailed about the procedure and what I could expect and certainly seemed very knowledgeable. Answered any questions I had, and we scheduled the appointment for the event. At the endoscopy center the staff was courteous, professional and very informative as to the sequence of activities. The process itself was painless (I was out most of it), and after complete Dr Curry was around to visit and told me of the outcome and said the pathology report would be out in a few days (had found 3 polyps). As promised it was, all benign, and was told to have redone in 3 years because of family history. Had I known there was a Dr. Curry out there who would make the procedure as he did, I would not have procrastinated all those years to get done. I will be going back to Dr. Curry in 3 years, and my wife is going to have the procedure done next yr with him when she hits 'the age'Can't go wrong....get it done!

November 15th, 2010
Downraters?
No, Curry is from the UK and has a fairly "brisk" way about him. That being said, i dont choose my docs as dinner companions rather on their abilities. They dont get much better then Curry as a diagnostician.As far as spending time with you...most "problems" are of the textbook variety so, as a specialist, he doesnt "need" to spend lots of time determining what tests he wants, if any, or procedures.Your primary care doc is there for hand-holding.The litmus test is how many docs refer patients to him and/or go to him personally. AND there are plenty of both.