Dr. Norbert Leska MD Patient Reviews

• 3 reviews

September 4th, 2012
This is a True Doctor
Dr Leska has been my primary physician since I came to the Pennsburg area 11 years ago. I have never had a doctor of this caliber. My wait time for my appt has never gone over 10 min. He spends as much time as you need with him. He is thorough, professional, caring and makes you feel like you are his only patient.

July 16th, 2012
The best doctor I have had in my lifetime of 62 years. The best bedside manner ever, very concened, understanding and most of all always on time for his visits. He never rushes your visit.

December 11th, 2010
Nothing to Write Home About
Dr. Leska is a small-town doctor who disguises his limited knowledge and seemingly boredom with medicine under the guise of 'telling it like it is'. I'll admit I appreciate doctors who are forward, but this has to be mediated with a willingness to listen to the patient. Dr. Leska, unfortunately, is sorely lacking in the latter of the two. What's more, you would assume that when someone has proof to back their theories, they're even more likely to be up front! Dr. Leska surmised that I had thyroid disease after I saw him for symptoms of fatigue, brain fog, thinning hair as a young college student, and he ordered bloodwork to that effect. I met with him to hear the results, which he told me were "all normal". I left his office thinking that I was just feeling under the weather from being in a rigorous program. At the end of college four years later, after being exhausted all the way through in addition to other symptoms, I developed more symptoms and visited my college health center. Bloodwork confirmed that I was hypothyroid, as my TSH was elevated. I was curious to see what my TSH was when I was a freshman all those years ago, so I finally picked up a copy of my bloodwork from Dr. Leska's office. Much to my horror, the bloodwork Dr. Leska had ordered clearly marked my TSH as "high"--I was hypothyroid then and was never told! I don't know what Dr. Leska was smoking that day or if he was reading someone else's results or if he needed better glasses, but I have no idea how he missed such an elevated TSH level that was clearly marked as abnormal and which would have resulted a diagnosis of hypothyroidism, the diagnosis he himself had suggested that prompted the bloodwork! I tried to make sense of it and to this day, I still cannot. So instead of being treated for being hypothyroid, I spent the next four years feeling sluggish and exhausted and thinking it was because of some controllable fault of my own. Now, I suffer from cardiac arrhythmias that may have been caused by untreated hypothyroidism. For such a blatant failure to diagnose my condition that resulted in lost years of good health and possible irreversible damage to my body, I cannot forgive Dr. Leska, nor can I in good conscience recommend him to anyone.