Dr. Norman Fishman Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Norman Fishman?

December 2nd, 2015

Dr. Fishman is a thorough and patient physician, and I have a great deal of confidence in his ability. His office lost my records during a period when they were switching systems, and calling his secretary to schedule an appointment takes more time and effort than it should. Overall it is still a worthwhile experience.

November 23rd, 2015

Dr Fishman is direct, if you listen and follow what he tells you,you will be a healthier and happy person. Not many like him, God bless

March 22nd, 2014

Totally uncaring

I got no help for my thyroid problems from this doctor at all. He is arrogant, pompous, cold and uncaring. He showed no concern for my physical discomfort at all, as long as his lab tests were in their acceptable range. In a year and a half he never made any effort to come up with alternative solutions to relieve my symptoms. I now have a new endocrinologist who is actually doing some things, trying to help me feel better. For the first time, I now have hope for a better quality of life.

March 17th, 2014

Wonderful Doctor

Dr. Norman Fishman is one of the most caring doctors I have ever know. He keeps abreast of the latest procedures in his field and is always willing to try a different method if your blood sugar is not where it should be. He is diligent in trying to solve any problem. I would definitely recommend him to a friend.

September 20th, 2013

Do not recommend

I tried to get into see this guy. I got an answering machine then waited 24 hrs for a call back. I was told there is a one month wait. I said "ok" but asked if they could order my labs before hand because I have a diabetes related health concern, they said "no".

April 16th, 2013

Excellent Doctor

I'm not sure what the other two people were talking about, but I have always felt that Dr. Fishman went above and beyond for me regarding my care. His billing department even fought with my insurance company because they wanted to charge me a copay for my walk-in lab visit. They also give me a summary of my visit with my medication list so I don't have to remember to make my own for my internist. He does have a dry sense of humor, but I've always found him funny. You get used to it the more you see him. He spends enough time with me to answer all of my questions, even though he has to deal with their electronic record system. I can't speak from experience on thyroid issues, but he is extremely knowledgeable on diabetes. Their nutritionist (Julie) was a delight! A great find and would recommend to anyone. As for the staff, they were courteous and helpful. I would prefer to not deal with their phone system, but that's the case with every one of my doctors. I would like a quicker response to my calls sometimes, but hasn't been a big enough problem to really care about it.

March 23rd, 2013

Valued Staff Over Patient

Staff made mistake w/ billing code. Insurance company said they wouldn't pay. I spoke w/ him, explained they said it was no prob, just resubmit w/ proper code. He REFUSED. Said he wasn't going to waste their time (what, five minutes?) to resubmit. I have thyroid probs, they put me down as diabetic. I was out HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS. He also gave me wrong dosage of thyroid, had to go in w/ horrible symptoms. Told me my heart was beating "like a racehorse." Maybe he's good for diabetes. Horrible for thyroid. Obviously puts staff above patients, why does he think he's in business? PATIENTS, you fool!

September 27th, 2012

Excellent diabetes doctor

I think Norman Fishman is a wonderful doctor. He takes time with me and explains things to me in good, solid medical and scientific terms and does not treat me like an idiot. Based on my experience with Fishman to date, I can't complain. His staff is courteous and returns calls, not expediantly, but quick enough. I think Julie, one of his diabetes support staff, is just terrific, too!

December 10th, 2010

Disappointed

Not impressed with the bedside manner nor the effort put into finding out what was going on with me. Long list of symptoms and struggling with weight gain, having always been athletic. He glanced my way and said, "keep working at it so you don't end up like this..." and gestured with his arms out to the side like he was huge. I was appalled. Since then, I have been diagnosed hypothyroid by my primary doctor and am currently on medication. Thank God my doctor took time with me and was persistent in finding what was wrong instead of making me feel like I sit around and eat all day.

July 15th, 2009

He is a wonderful doctor. I am so happy I found him.

January 19th, 2009

Dr. Fishman was the third specialist I saw regarding my thyroid and the first to run some critical tests which help further diagnos my specific issues and to begin treating me appropriated. He's very dry, he makes me comfortable and laugh every time I see him - he warms up more each time. Terrific doctor!!

August 1st, 2017