Dr. Norman Greeley MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

December 15th, 2015
Terrible Experience
The doctor has very poor communication skills. He does not listen. Do not go to this doctor!

July 17th, 2015
Truly comprehensive physical. Called me regarding abnormal xray same day of test. Provides copy of all test results and literature regarding my diagnosis.

March 13th, 2015
Best doctor
I have been a patient of dr. Greeley for 23 years in 23 years I had one bad experience when seeing him . I spoke to him rather we argued but I really believed he listen to what I had to say and from the day foward we seemed to have a better Dr. And patient relationship. I do believe his mannerisms are are part of his culture. Dr. Greeley is a wonderful doctor I have nothing but praise for him he is very thorough and knows exactly what is wrong with u when you see him. Love this doctor honestly .... And his receptionist Roe is the best kind ,funny, compassionate

November 15th, 2013
VERY THOROUGH

April 19th, 2013
This doctor is horrible, please save yourself the money and hassle of seeing him
This doctor and his office showed no regard for me as a person. When I spoke to them over the phone I got the impression that they had enough patients and did not need my business. In person the doctor and his staff seemed brusque and vaguely condescending. These people are not willing to take your situation into account, they merely give a canned (not necessarily logical) response to everything. An hour after the visit, I decided I would never see this doctor again (even though I had follow up appointments). During the visit I was uncomfortable and vaguely annoyed. I appreciate that this guy is getting ripped online, as it means I am not the only one. I will say this, Norman Greeley is a competent (if needlessly nitpicky) doctor and his interior design is pleasant (if a little tacky). That said, I would rather an equally qualified doctor, working out of a hole in the ground, that had the courtesy to treat their patients with respect and consideration.

February 19th, 2013
Best internist, best office in Brooklyn Heights period

February 14th, 2013
I do not understand some of the other review. Although Dr. Greeley is perhaps very formal, I believe it is culture. He was extremely detailed and more thorough than any other doctor I have seen. A physical with him was a real physical in which no stone was not turned. I especially appreciated that he called me regarding test results, gave me excellent literature to read on my condition. Scheduling was very easy-same day most of the time. His office was as physically good as any fancy Upper East Side doctor if not better.

August 23rd, 2012
First, he charged my sick visit as a full physical, so now I cannot get a physical covered by my insurance for a full year. Second, I had an allergic reaction to the antibiotics he prescribed, so I paged him over the weekend to change it. I am allergic to the over-the-counter yeast infection treatments, and the diflucan was not helping. While I was on the phone with him, I asked if he could give me anything else that would help with the antibiotic-caused yeast infection, he yelled at me and told me to use over-the-counter stuff, which I had already told him I was allergic to. I contacted a different doctor who immediately called in a prescription cream. Third, he billed my insurance for the phone call as a sick visit!

May 10th, 2012
A terrible doctor. A nasty man.
Dr. Norman Greeley is a very very nasty man and an even nastier doctor. He doesn't seem to give a hoot about his patients and shows this with his crappy attitude. One time I was in his office for an allergy shot and complained that I felt dizzy the day before, he told me that he could not see me for an "examine" because I was there for an allergy shot and to reschedule the "examine" for a later date. He is my primary care doctor. I was in his office and no one was waiting!!!! Why in the world couldn't he see me that day while I was in his office getting a shot! Another occasion I was at a lab. giving blood for my yearly exam. The nurse wanted to ask him a question about my prescription an he actually yelled at her and said you should know better. The nurse looked so sad and just said sorry. That is when I said to myself, "self you need another doctor move on. So what he is down the block from your job. Yes its is convenient but find another doctor!!" I would not take my precious dog to him for an exam. As a matter of fact I would be treated better at my dogs vet. at Howard Beach Animal Clinic than at Dr. Greeley's office. The doctors and staff there are wonderful! Dr. Greenly will in the long run cause more harm than good. I feel so bad for his staff because he makes them do the most outrageous things on his behalf. Can doctors treat patients any way they want to!! Inquiring minds want to know. Thank God he is not the only doctor! We would all be in grave trouble.

March 7th, 2012
Does NOT Listen
Horrible bedside manner. I could not get a word in edgewise, he would interrupt constantly when I tried to tell him my symptoms. Simply terrible people skills.

October 3rd, 2011
Doctor needs to brush up on Interpersonal skills
It's like going to visit a robot when you meet him! I'm moving on...don't bother with him find another Allergist.

October 2nd, 2011
foleyscale
Dr. Greeley is the best doctor I ever had. He is a genius at diagnosing what ails me. He is very responsive and caring professional.