Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Fair Gyno, TERRIBLE OB show details Fair Gyno, TERRIBLE OB
by Hannah D on Feb 9th, 2016

This man was allright as a gynecologist, he was friendly and brisk, discussed different options with me, etc. I liked him. Then I got pregnant. This man has terrible manners towards pregnant women, he treated me like a uterus that had somehow managed to wonder in for a glance. Barely seemed to have time for the appointment I had waited over an hour (every single time, sometimes longer) for. Heaven forbid I have a question, because he would treat me like a 12 year old who needed to stop pestering him. He changed the due date the nurse gave me, then when i repeated it to him at the next appointment, he reacted in disbelief and informed me "No, you're not THAT far along. When do you think your last period was, again?" Same date, the day before hubby's birthday, hard to forget that luck. So he changed the date back to the exact day his nurse and I had told him the first time. My husband accompanied me to an appointment in which the dr asked him "do you see it?" Regarding the sonogram, my husband said no, and the dr continued as if he had neither asked nor heard the answer to the question, and spent the rest of the apt ignoring my husband. At the next appointment he asked, verbatim, "so. Is the father going to be involved?" Well since he is my husband and has also been here wth me numerous times, I should say so!! His questions were absurd, he ignored actual problems like my high blood pressure (seriously, NO COMMENT, just an air of irritation when the nurse told him I was resting for a few minutes on the bed/table bwfore she took my BP again), to make jokes about how I must have eaten a lot of turkey over Thanksgiving (in regards to a 6 lb weight gain in 3 weeks. Without ever having commented on the 12lbs LOST during the first trimester). The delivery was rushed, only 15 minutes between them breaking my water and my son being out, but this was because he wrestled my child out of me using forceps WITHOUT telling me he was going to do so, which I would have informed him was NOT an option I was okay with. They sent me home with 3rd degree tears and a prescription for tylenol, and my husband had to call and demand something stronger because they told me over the phone "soreness is normal, rest and take some anti-inflammatory" after I nearly fainted when I coughed the day after we went home. Seriously? They had me on morphine (which I didn't have to ask for, they gave it to me based on an assessment of pain) in the hospital and you give me tylenol to take home? No. Just no. Luckily my son is okay. And I will NEVER go back to this man, I'd drive to Lubbock first.

Awesome Doc! show details Awesome Doc!
by Robin Stephenson on Nov 3rd, 2015

Doctor Harris is the best doctor, I have personally ever dealt with, when it comes to listening! I really appreciated his just listening and not telling me I was wrong...like other doctors did. Dr. Harris listened and agreed with the surgery I felt I needed and now 4 weeks later, I feel like a new person that has been given my life back. I am eternally grateful to have come across Dr. Harris and would highly recommend him to others!!!

Awesome Doctor! show details Awesome Doctor!
by Robin S on Sep 25th, 2015

If you are looking for a doctor that will sit quietly and let you talk....Dr. Harris is the doctor for you. Dr. Harris is courteous, polite, very friendly and extremely attentive. I had attempted going to another doctor, before I saw Dr. Harri,s and I did not feel listened to at all! Dr. Harris not only truly listens, he lets you take a part in your own health care. I am extremely happy I was told about Dr. Harris and I would strongly recommend him!!!!!!

best Dr for high risk pregnancy show details best Dr for high risk pregnancy
by Jennifer Lujan on Sep 21st, 2015

Dr Harris cleared up a lot of confusion tx tech had caused about my due date & blood pressure. When I went into delivery, I came across a lot of complications, Dr Harris kept me calm & acted quickly without hesitations to save mine & my babies life. I'm currently pregnant with the Marina still inserted which puts me at a high risk for miscarriage. He has taken all fear of a miscarriage out of my eyes & I know I will be able to hold my bundle of joy soon.

rude rude rude show details rude rude rude
by bri on Jul 13th, 2015

I had the implanon placed 3 yrs ago. I remember the doctor being slightly rude and judgmental. The staff at that time was very nice. But at my recent visit the staff was very rude. Especially the lady upfront....she would not admit she was wrong. And never apologized when faced with the truth. I can honestly sat I've never dealt with such a rude and unhappy woman in my life. Never will be going to that clinic again.

Best dr in odessa show details Best dr in odessa
by Carlson on Jun 24th, 2015

I was 6 weeks when I saw harris and he was the only dr that didn't tell me to let nature run its course I was showing signs of miscarriage he started Me on shots and now my baby is gonna be 2 yrs old. I think he's a great dr yes he is blunt and will tell it how it is he don't beat around the bush! Harris is great!

Excellent Dr. He was alive as of today... show details Excellent Dr. He was alive as of today...
by Lynn H on Sep 15th, 2014

Dr and staff were friendly. He made jokes to make me feel more comfortable which I loved. His nurse was pleasant too. Staff at the front desk were nice. Dr listened to what I said and didn't make me redo unnecessary tests before his diagnosis. I appreciate that from a Dr. He also asked plenty of questions that were easy to answer. I felt at home there which is a tough thing to feel at an obgyn office.

by Vicky baeza on Jan 14th, 2014

I love dr Harris he was my moms doctor to deliver all my brothers and me and now he was my doctor to deliver my girls. He is funny fast and knows what he is doing . He will do anything for his clients he even argued with some nurses in the hospital for my well being

Worst Dr EVER!! show details Worst Dr EVER!!
Aug 20th, 2013

This man was incredibly rude. You had to wait for 1-2 hours to spend less than 5 minutes with him!! His office staff was rude and uncaring. He would have people lined up, sitting against the WALL because he didnt have enough chairs in his waiting room. He was very mean and cruel hearted when trying to learn about things going on with the pregnancy. We decided to go to a hospital in odessa instead of midland and he threw a fit cause he didn't like that hospital!! He changed the due date 3 times! He is known for wanting to induce babies so it works on his schedule. He tried scheduling us to induce 6 weeks before our due date!!!! during the last month we had to cancel 2 appointments in a row over a matter of 2 weeks and when calling to reschedule he threatened that and I quote! "when that baby dies you are just going to have to look in the mirror because it it all your fault" and screamed at us over the phone!!!!!!! The pregnancy had been healthy and of no complications throughout at all!!!! When labor started we went to the hospital we wanted and used the doctor on call instead of him. Now have a very healthy little girl! DO NOT GO TO HIM!!!! He treats people like cattle... has a TON of people waiting spends 2 minutes with you then gets rid of you! DON"T GO!!!!!

Dr. Norman Harris is Outstanding! show details Dr. Norman Harris is Outstanding!
by Ryan on Mar 22nd, 2013

Went to Dr. Norman Harris for a tattoo excision and could not be happier! After years of having unsuccessful laser surgery from 3 different clinics with terrible results, I had 2 tattoos removed completely in one visit (including a tribal band which wrapped completely around my arm and had awful hypertrophic burn scars mixed with ink from the laser) with Dr. Harris. I was so pleased with the service that I will be returning to get my remaining tattoos removed as well. Dr. Harris performs procedures that MANY other surgeons do not do and / or shy away from - and he is quite excellent. Extremely friendly, courteous, and superb bedside manner. His office is in a fantastic location. For those who aren't from Roanoke - this is one of the nicest cities I have visited in the USA. Couldn't ask for a better plastic surgeon. Highly recommended!

The worst show details The worst
Oct 24th, 2012

Everything that is bad about a doctor is the only thing I can say about Dr. Harris. He is rude, obnoxious, and non-caring. I would not recommend this guy to anybody for anything. My first impression of him just made me want to puke. It really took all I had to not hit him after his rude comments. I plan on filing a complaint on every website I can find. These comments are only directed to him and not his staff.

Apr 3rd, 2012

The staff is not good. Wait time awful. Doctor doesn't spend hardly any time with you. Doesn't have staff reschdule when he is running extremely late so he spends 10 minutes with you so he can bill yourinsurance then reschedules you. Not happy will be finding another provider ASAP!

Absolutely the best! show details Absolutely the best!
Mar 5th, 2012

I have seen several different doctors throughout my various pregnancies.....and Dr. Harris is by far the best! He knows his stuff! He has a great sense of humor, which I appreciate! Dr. Harris and his staff are top notch, and go the extra mile to help women from all walks of life. If you need a fantastic doctor, and are apprehensive....seeing Dr. Harris a d his team is a great choice!

A 10 in my book! show details A 10 in my book!
Feb 11th, 2012

I would highly recommend Dr. Norman Harris he is very compassionate, has a great bedside manner and he does his job at all costs! If you are Dr. Harris' patient, you know you are going to be very well taken care of!

Wonderful! show details Wonderful!
Oct 6th, 2011

I was referred to him after I became a high risk pregnancy. He noticed something wrong with my pregnancy and sent me to get a more detailed sonogram. I was quickly admitted into the hospital for 26 days. He delivered my daughter who was 9 weeks early weighing 2 lbs 9 oz. He was amazing during the procedure! The follow up also went well. He also took care of the abnormal cells I had in my cervix. If I had the opportunity to continue seeing him I would.

May 12th, 2011

I have been going to Dr. Harris since I was 29 years old amd I am now 48, He is a wonderful doctor and has taken very good care of me and my daughter n law in time of crisis. He delivered my grandson @ 3 pds 17 ounces and he is now a healthy 4 yr old. I would recommend him to all my friends and anyone else looking for a good doctor.

terrible show details terrible
Nov 1st, 2010

i was scheduled to have a ceasection at 1pm and when i get to the hospital they tell me he changed it to 530 and just to go home.. i have never had a dr as bad as him he is terrible...

Loved Him!! show details Loved Him!!
Oct 1st, 2010

Even though I had no prenatal care and was 9 months pregnant Dr. Harris saw me and saw to it that I was taken car of. Next time I have a baby I will definetly be going to him. He is very upfront about all my decisions and how those will affect me and my child. I love him and think he is a great doctor.

Rude staff, long wait, hassle! show details Rude staff, long wait, hassle!
Jun 11th, 2009

I had a terrible experience at this office. They gave me a hard time about my insurance, demanded I pay up front even though that's not how my program works. Dr. Harris did not address my concerns or even look at the reason I cam in to see him. He belittled my choice of using a midwife for my pregnancy. I would never return to see him.