Dr. Norman Rosen Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Norman Rosen?

Caring doctor who explains it so you understand

Posted on July 26th, 2014

I was very happy to see Dr. Rosen as a new patient & even though he will be on vacation next week, he gave me his cell number to call to check in to see how I'm doing. Although I have some complicated medical problems to address, I know he will be there with me every step of the way. His staff was so thorough about getting my complicated records to him in a short amount of time & he explained everything so I understood it. I'm looking forward to my road back to great health with Dr. Rosen by my side.

Posted on March 22nd, 2013

Excellent doctor. Poor staff. Had to call every day for three weeks to get a prescription. Was told that they are not in the customer service business.

Posted on February 22nd, 2013

I found Dr. Rosen to be very professional, courteous and very knowledgeable in his field of endocrynology. On each one of my visits, he took his time explaining to me in layman terms what my condition was and how he proposed to treat it.

Posted on April 12th, 2012

I've seen Dr. Rosen several times over the last two years. At no time was he or his staff anything but kind and caring. They have gone out of their way to find specialists to treat other health issues for me. When I intially started seeing Dr. Rosen I had some health issues that were somewhat unstable. He increased my visit frequency, labs and followed up with me numerous times.He always takes the time to explain in detail and has never made me feel rushed. Excellent doctor!

Not recommended

Posted on February 29th, 2012

The main problem with this Doctor and his staff is that they have no concept of how business is conducted in the 21st century. The second issue is that while Dr. Rosen is knowledgeable, his staff is very incompetent.I've been a patient for about 2 years, and recently transferred to a better Endocrinologist that understands concepts like email, credit/debit payment acceptance and communication via telephone instead of the postal service, which this practice relies on.Dr. Rosen issued me a prescription that requires me to take one pill daily for the rest of my life. Unfortunately, they refuse to authorize refills at any major pharmacies (Target in my case). This wouldn't be a big deal if they allowed the pharmacy to fax them a request to renew a prescription, but since the fax machine is a foreign concept to this outfit, they require the pharmacist to personally call the office and leave a message. This is one of the more spectacular office failures I've seen. It's literally impossible to get a refill prescription filled during a lunch break (I work full time). Once or twice I could understand, but I've been dealing with this for the better part of two years, and with the cost of healthcare in general these days, I feel like my $500/month should at least get me some basic level of service.Lastly, the office staff is typically rude and condescending. They really don't like to be tied up on the phone for more than 10-15 seconds. This makes it difficult if you need to reschedule an appointment.I should also mention that Dr. Rosen's hours are from 6am-2pm, so there's not really an option for afternoon appointments. He's not reachable out of hours, you'll be speaking with his answering service.

Terrible experience

Posted on June 27th, 2011

Dr Rosen gave me a diagnosis and tested to confirm. When the test results were ready refused to talk to me until I received a letter - which never came. I did a lot of research on my own and when I insisted he talk to me and he got angry that I had researched the medical issue. He prescribed medication and said the staff would contact me in a few days to get the meds. Over a week later I called and they said "the letter" was in the mail and I had to wait for that to get the meds. They refused to call the RX into a pharmacy.

One of the best doctors I have ever had

Posted on April 23rd, 2011

He is the best among any doctors I have seen so far, I have been going to his office for about a year now and he makes one feel so comfortable, puts everything in a simple way and never hesitates to listen. His staffs are very warm and courteous. I would definitely recommend Dr. Rosen to friends and anyone looking for an endocrinologist.

Posted on April 18th, 2011

Dr. Rosen makes you feel very comfortableand takes the time to explain any concerns. VERY Old School, which is an outstanding qualityFriendly StaffWould have made it 3 stars, but it did not allow me to click on #4

Posted on January 25th, 2011

Dr. Rosen makes you feel like your his top priority always

Best endocrinologist!

Posted on December 1st, 2010

Dr. Rosen made a special Saturday appointment to comply with my busy schedule before I moved to a different state for school. He was so caring and explained everything to me using diagrams and pictures so that I could understand what was going on in my body and what needed to be done to fix it. His office sent a follow up letter to my new address to make sure I was still doing okay, and he remembered my case and specifics of my last office visit exactly almost a year later. He's a great doctor and I fully trust in his capabilities and experience. I would recommend him and his office to anyone!

Big ego and small on patience

Posted on May 27th, 2010

I had a terrible experience with this doctor. I asked a question about why he wanted me to take a particular medication, and he got defensive. I simply wanted to know the benefits and/or side-effects. Is that so bad? He also became irate when I said I didn't increase a medication he wanted me to. This wasn't life or death; I had concerns about increasing it, but the level of anger was way out of proportion to what I did or did not do. I felt like he was berating me as if I were a child who refused to clean up my room. I don't follow doctors like a robot and doctors should expect questions from patients and occasionally patients that may not want to increase a particular medication due to fear of side-effects. I felt really demoralized after visiting with him. Never again!

the very best!

Posted on December 29th, 2009

The very best doctor I have ever had. He cares about me a s person as well as a patient.