Endocrinologists

120 La Casa Via
Ste 211
Walnut Creek, CA 94598
925-256-7958
Locations and availability (1)

• Currently 3.6190476190476 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Mar 21st, 2013

Excellent doctor. Poor staff. Had to call every day for three weeks to get a prescription. Was told that they are not in the customer service business.

by Jeremy D Barcan on Feb 22nd, 2013

I found Dr. Rosen to be very professional, courteous and very knowledgeable in his field of endocrynology. On each one of my visits, he took his time explaining to me in layman terms what my condition was and how he proposed to treat it.

|  This man is the endocronoligist you want.  |  show details
May 25th, 2012

I have found doctor Rosen to highly qual-ified and caring. You can call him 7 daysa week from 6:30AM to 8:00AM. If you don'tcall him on a regular basis you get a letter reminding you to call. This is what I call caring. His reputation is sterling and well deserved. He is very easy to talk to and you get very thorough detailed answers to your questions. He is one of the finest doctors I knowand I recommend him very highly.Larry Shapoff

Apr 12th, 2012

I've seen Dr. Rosen several times over the last two years. At no time was he or his staff anything but kind and caring. They have gone out of their way to find specialists to treat other health issues for me. When I intially started seeing Dr. Rosen I had some health issues that were somewhat unstable. He increased my visit frequency, labs and followed up with me numerous times.He always takes the time to explain in detail and has never made me feel rushed. Excellent doctor!

|  Not recommended  |  show details
Feb 29th, 2012

The main problem with this Doctor and his staff is that they have no concept of how business is conducted in the 21st century. The second issue is that while Dr. Rosen is knowledgeable, his staff is very incompetent.I've been a patient for about 2 years, and recently transferred to a better Endocrinologist that understands concepts like email, credit/debit payment acceptance and communication via telephone instead of the postal service, which this practice relies on.Dr. Rosen issued me a prescription that requires me to take one pill daily for the rest of my life. Unfortunately, they refuse to authorize refills at any major pharmacies (Target in my case). This wouldn't be a big deal if they allowed the pharmacy to fax them a request to renew a prescription, but since the fax machine is a foreign concept to this outfit, they require the pharmacist to personally call the office and leave a message. This is one of the more spectacular office failures I've seen. It's literally impossible to get a refill prescription filled during a lunch break (I work full time). Once or twice I could understand, but I've been dealing with this for the better part of two years, and with the cost of healthcare in general these days, I feel like my $500/month should at least get me some basic level of service.Lastly, the office staff is typically rude and condescending. They really don't like to be tied up on the phone for more than 10-15 seconds. This makes it difficult if you need to reschedule an appointment.I should also mention that Dr. Rosen's hours are from 6am-2pm, so there's not really an option for afternoon appointments. He's not reachable out of hours, you'll be speaking with his answering service.

|  Terrible experience  |  show details
Jun 27th, 2011

Dr Rosen gave me a diagnosis and tested to confirm. When the test results were ready refused to talk to me until I received a letter - which never came. I did a lot of research on my own and when I insisted he talk to me and he got angry that I had researched the medical issue. He prescribed medication and said the staff would contact me in a few days to get the meds. Over a week later I called and they said "the letter" was in the mail and I had to wait for that to get the meds. They refused to call the RX into a pharmacy.

|  One of the best doctors I have ever had  |  show details
Apr 23rd, 2011

He is the best among any doctors I have seen so far, I have been going to his office for about a year now and he makes one feel so comfortable, puts everything in a simple way and never hesitates to listen. His staffs are very warm and courteous. I would definitely recommend Dr. Rosen to friends and anyone looking for an endocrinologist.

by J.B. on Apr 18th, 2011

Dr. Rosen makes you feel very comfortableand takes the time to explain any concerns. VERY Old School, which is an outstanding qualityFriendly StaffWould have made it 3 stars, but it did not allow me to click on #4

by J.Barnes on Jan 25th, 2011

Dr. Rosen makes you feel like your his top priority always

|  Best endocrinologist!  |  show details
Dec 1st, 2010

Dr. Rosen made a special Saturday appointment to comply with my busy schedule before I moved to a different state for school. He was so caring and explained everything to me using diagrams and pictures so that I could understand what was going on in my body and what needed to be done to fix it. His office sent a follow up letter to my new address to make sure I was still doing okay, and he remembered my case and specifics of my last office visit exactly almost a year later. He's a great doctor and I fully trust in his capabilities and experience. I would recommend him and his office to anyone!

|  Big ego and small on patience  |  show details
by Meira on May 27th, 2010

I had a terrible experience with this doctor. I asked a question about why he wanted me to take a particular medication, and he got defensive. I simply wanted to know the benefits and/or side-effects. Is that so bad? He also became irate when I said I didn't increase a medication he wanted me to. This wasn't life or death; I had concerns about increasing it, but the level of anger was way out of proportion to what I did or did not do. I felt like he was berating me as if I were a child who refused to clean up my room. I don't follow doctors like a robot and doctors should expect questions from patients and occasionally patients that may not want to increase a particular medication due to fear of side-effects. I felt really demoralized after visiting with him. Never again!

|  the very best!  |  show details
by Renee on Dec 29th, 2009

The very best doctor I have ever had. He cares about me a s person as well as a patient.

|  The Best Ever  |  show details
by Kathy on Aug 1st, 2008

He is so understanding. He explains everything. Best Dr.!