Dr. Norman Kane MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery La Jolla, CA

• Good
  • Bad

February 20th, 2017
Very informative, understanding and caring.. I highly recommend Dr. Kane...

September 16th, 2016
Great doctor and staff. Very connected, caring, and knowledgeable about all that's important.

July 22nd, 2016
Made appt about 2 weeks in advance and also confirmed appt two days prior. Arrived one hour early. Called into room told Dr Kane was running late. Waited in room for almost one hour. Updated every 20 min saying he was still running late. Dr Kane never showed for appt! Very unprofessional and rude!

November 28th, 2015
Less than acceptable care
I recently went to Dr. Kane for knee replacement surgery. I was completely displeased with the service I received that jeopardized my quality of life and went to another doctor to correct mistakes that were made. This resulted in a revision to my knee that restored my mobility and lifestyle.

October 8th, 2015
john j
stay away . find a better doctor . he promised the surgery would fix my knee , yet never even repaired the torn ligament in my knee . he repaired the meniscus and then said he doesn't make enough on one procedure to do both repairs at the same time and i should let the insurance take care of a 2nd surgery .....

June 25th, 2015
Mr. Kane was a very caring and knowledgeable surgeon. I had a right hip replacement and it has gone so smoothly. Mr. Kane did an excellent job and this experience has been nothing but great. Thank you Dr. Kane

May 4th, 2015
Doesn't care, unbelievably expensive.
Two equally terrible things about Dr. Kane. 1) He spent less than two minutes with me and rushed me out of his office telling me I needed an MRI without listening to my symptoms (he rushed me out so fast I was under the 15 minutes free parking) and providing no help. 2) I was told in person and on the phone that they took my insurance which is a lie because they sent me a $500 bill that my insurance will not pay because they do not cover Dr. Kane. First bad review I have ever given on the internet. Please do not ever go to this guy for your own sake.

January 15th, 2015
He performed my knee surgery 4 years ago and I haven't had a problem with it yet. I play ice hockey, do crossfit and play basketball and my knee feels great! He was very knowledgable about the matter and made me feel at ease with the procedure.

July 20th, 2012
extraordinarily difficult to make appointments
I've only seen Dr. Kane once so far and have no problem with him. However, the office procedures are designed to be so stressful and nonproductive for patients, it's not worth going through to see him. They have a recording answering the telephone and patients have to wait for callbacks that either do not occur at all, or take days, if not weeks, to happen.

August 18th, 2010
Dr, Kane ordered an "urgent" MRI for me, but never wrote it on the doctors orders to the MRI staff for scheduling. It took 30 days to get an "Urgent" MRI, even after I called numerous times to the office. On many occasions my calls were never returned........Other doctors offices even commented to me that it was very difficult getting through to make an appointment. I think they should turn away people if they cant provide service to the public as this could be life changing in consequence.

June 6th, 2017