A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Norman Kaplan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Norman Kaplan, ORTHOPAEDIC SURGEON is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Kaplan
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Kaplan Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Norman Kaplan, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Ankle Disorders
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Disorders
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Injuries
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Kaplan graduated from New York Medical College, Valhalla. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Kaplan has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Yale-New Haven Hospital
- Hospital Of St Raphael
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Norman R Kaplan MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 35 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery and Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Norman R. Kaplan practice?
- Dr. Norman Kaplan has 4 office locations.
Dr. Norman Kaplan practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Surgery near Hamden, CT.
Additional practice locations include: Wallingford, CT and Orange, CT.
See Hamden Surgeons.