Dr. Norman Ladov Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. Norman Ladov?

My mother died under this doctor's care

Posted on February 4th, 2016

My mother saw Dr. Ladov for depression years ago. What he chose to ignore was the fact that she was an alcoholic. In spite of many phone calls and letters from myself and my sister pleading with him to stop prescribing sedatives and address her constant drinking he ignored us and kept prescribing highly addictive drugs even though he knew very well she was using them with alcohol daily. My mother died under his care from abusing prescription drugs and alcohol. I can't believe this doctor is still practicing. Just stay away.

He fell asleep during appointments!

Posted on December 11th, 2015

He was a nice enough man- that wasn't the problem. Believe it or not during many of our appointments he nodded off to sleep. I was so depressed at the time I thought it was my fault. Needless to say I finally figured out that he is the one who needed to investigate why he was falling asleep at work! Low blood sugar, narcolepsy, needs an afternoon nap, sleep apnea, time to retire?? :)

Avoid

Posted on November 19th, 2015

Dr.Ladov should call it a day. He has No interest in patients. But makes sure he gets paid !!! More questions about method of payment then any problems or concerns.

Do not let your child see this man.

Posted on March 27th, 2013

Through my 13th to 15th year of life, I was perscribed zoloft, paxil, welbutren, effexor, depakote, lithium, prozac, mellirel, adavan and even zyprexa and thorazine. I'm not taking the time to check the spelling of these ridiculous drugs. I take my blame, I played the game, but to be fair I was 13. My dosages and treatment were completely inappropriate and downright dangerous. He is a cold and greedy man. Beware.

Parent of a patient

Posted on May 14th, 2012

I would discourage anyone who would ever consider using Dr. Ladov's services. My son saw Dr. Ladov as a result from a difficult interpersonal situation in school; the school sent their opinion of the situation to the doctor. Dr. Ladov's opinion in reply to the school after seeing my son was unoriginal, merely regurgitating what biased school officials told him, in spite of the fact that my son had discussed this with him, in front of me, and had revealed many differences between the information the school had described, and my son's personal experience. I believe Dr. Ladov just wanted to get the check the school was paying him for his service, and made sure not to conflict with the opinion offered to him by the school, so that they would use him again. His response letter had inaccuracy in it that I wrote to him to correct. He amended the letter, but in a way that evidenced that he barely perceived the reality of the situation. I totally regret ever taking my son to Dr. Ladov. His involvement in my son's situation only made it worse. He knew that we were not likely to need his services a second time, so he put no effort into listening to my son with a objective ear. This man is old enough to retire, and should have done so long ago.

Excellent Doctor

Posted on December 15th, 2011

Dr. Ladov is an excellent child psychiatrist. He takes his time, easy to speak with and patiently answers parent's questions. He made my nervous son very comfortable. Highly recommend!

Posted on July 12th, 2016