Dr. Norman Latov MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

March 4th, 2016
May have been an expert once, but not anymore.
After years of seeing doctor after doctor trying to figure out what was wrong with me I was referred to Dr. Latov. After much blood work and an improperly performed nerve conduction study test he diagnosed me with small fiber neuropathy and sent me to a pain clinic - that was that. After another 7 months of suffering (and weight gain caused by the meds the pain doc put me on) I went to my yearly gynecological exam and broke down. My gynecologist spent days making calls and found me an amazing neurologist who did a nerve conduction study (properly warming my feet) and a tilt table test in his office. Because of those results he recommended doing a muscle/nerve biopsy and those results showed I had CIDP. I've been having IVIG treatments for the past three months thanks to my new doctor's expertise and care. I don't think Dr. Latov ever considered CIDP. He never once mentioned the word 'treatment' to me and pretty much showed me the door after his abysmal diagnosis. Honestly I think he needs to retire or stick to teaching because his clinical skills are either lacking or he just doesn't have what it takes anymore.

January 6th, 2014
Dr. latov was good at listening to me. His sectary needs to learn how to deal with patients. She is rude and short and not willing to help.

September 28th, 2012
Misdiagnosis
He misdignosed my serious condition. He hastily, arrogantly decided the problem was peripheral neuropathy. Get a second opinion of his diagnosis -- from both a neurologist and internist who are not in awe of him.

March 29th, 2012
Dr. Latov was the first physician I saw who really listened to me and took time to figure out what the cause of my problem was.