Dr. Norman Marcus MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

September 12th, 2016
Awesome doctor!!!
I went to Dr. Marcus because I had seen three other doctors and no one could seem to find out what was wrong with my knee. He was courteous, and suggested PRP on my knee. It worked wonders! It is the first time in three years I have had little to no pain. I can't say enough wonderful things about this physician.

December 20th, 2010
Dr. Sham
Dr. Marcus will recommend any procedures that serve his pocket first. I came to Dr. Marcus for a torn ACL. He never showed me the MRI picture of the condition of my knee. Then, he suggested that the repairs would be done by two procedures. The first one is for knee scoping and possible repair/replacement of the menisci. The second one will involve the repairs of the ACL. Both procedures would need arthroscopic surgery and physical therapy. This recommendation sounded a little bit fishy to me because I've learned from vaious medical forums that ACL and menisci repairs are commonly done in only one procedure. I went for a second opinion and found out that there were only minor frays of my menisci and that the repairs for both menisci and ACL could be done in one procedure (2 hrs). Needdless to say, I did not go back to Dr. Marcus's office. I am glad I went for a second opinion. If you are planning on using this Dr., it is best to obtain a second opinion to verify his diagnosis.

November 4th, 2010
Per review of (2) well known Orthopaedic surgeons, Dr Marcus did not follow standard practice and made an error in performing muniscal tear surgery on my left knee. I have been in constant pain since the surgery one year ago. I was told I have to have to redo the surgey.

March 7th, 2010
ACL Damage/Fractured Patella
I had two knee injuries on the same leg a month apart: ACL damage followed by a kneecap fracture into 3 pieces. Thanks to Dr. Marcus' amazing surgical skill and personal attention to coach me through a very difficult recovery process, I was able to regain and maintain full use of my leg, with full range of motion and ability to bear weight. I very highly recommend this doctor!!

March 5th, 2010
The best doctor I have ever been to
Dr. Marcus is an amazing orthopedic doctor. Unlike many of the other doctors in the area, you don't have to wait 30 minutes after your scheduled appointment time to see him. He also doesn't rush the whole process. He takes time to explain the problems and what options are available to treat them. You aren't in and out in 5 minutes like some other doctors.

February 8th, 2009
Outstanding surgical outcome and he comprehensively directed my follow-on physical therapy. Told things to me straight while making sure I understood the damage I had in my shoulder(s). And properly did not over-promise expected surgical or physical therapy results. Dr Marcus and his office and hospital staff made me feel they were totally tuned-in to and caring about MY medical condition and ME.