Dr. Norman Marcus Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Norman Marcus?

Best Orthopedic Dr I have seen in 25+ years

Posted on July 6th, 2017

I have had multiple miniscus tear surgeries by multiple doctors over the last 25 years. About 10 years another doctor said the cartilage is too worn and recommended a total knee replacement. After searching the web I found Dr Marcus leading the way with alternative approaches, Euflexxa and PRP injections, which are less much less invasive and costly. I have had these injections on both knees. The results are amazing. I used to have pains in my knee with each step I'd take. The injections have eliminated the pain while walking and have also made it possible to run again.

PRP WORKED GREAT FOR MY ACHILLES PROBLEM

Posted on December 17th, 2016

DR MARCUS RECOMMENDED PRP AND IT WORKED WONDERS. I LITERALLY HAVE NO PAIN ANYMORE IN THE AREA. HE IS FANTASTIC AND HE HAS THE NICEST OFFICE STAFF.

Awesome doctor!!!

Posted on September 12th, 2016

I went to Dr. Marcus because I had seen three other doctors and no one could seem to find out what was wrong with my knee. He was courteous, and suggested PRP on my knee. It worked wonders! It is the first time in three years I have had little to no pain. I can't say enough wonderful things about this physician.

Dr. Sham

Posted on December 21st, 2010

Dr. Marcus will recommend any procedures that serve his pocket first. I came to Dr. Marcus for a torn ACL. He never showed me the MRI picture of the condition of my knee. Then, he suggested that the repairs would be done by two procedures. The first one is for knee scoping and possible repair/replacement of the menisci. The second one will involve the repairs of the ACL. Both procedures would need arthroscopic surgery and physical therapy. This recommendation sounded a little bit fishy to me because I've learned from vaious medical forums that ACL and menisci repairs are commonly done in only one procedure. I went for a second opinion and found out that there were only minor frays of my menisci and that the repairs for both menisci and ACL could be done in one procedure (2 hrs). Needdless to say, I did not go back to Dr. Marcus's office. I am glad I went for a second opinion. If you are planning on using this Dr., it is best to obtain a second opinion to verify his diagnosis.

Posted on November 5th, 2010

Per review of (2) well known Orthopaedic surgeons, Dr Marcus did not follow standard practice and made an error in performing muniscal tear surgery on my left knee. I have been in constant pain since the surgery one year ago. I was told I have to have to redo the surgey.

ACL Damage/Fractured Patella

Posted on March 7th, 2010

I had two knee injuries on the same leg a month apart: ACL damage followed by a kneecap fracture into 3 pieces. Thanks to Dr. Marcus' amazing surgical skill and personal attention to coach me through a very difficult recovery process, I was able to regain and maintain full use of my leg, with full range of motion and ability to bear weight. I very highly recommend this doctor!!

The best doctor I have ever been to

Posted on March 5th, 2010

Dr. Marcus is an amazing orthopedic doctor. Unlike many of the other doctors in the area, you don't have to wait 30 minutes after your scheduled appointment time to see him. He also doesn't rush the whole process. He takes time to explain the problems and what options are available to treat them. You aren't in and out in 5 minutes like some other doctors.

Posted on February 8th, 2009

Outstanding surgical outcome and he comprehensively directed my follow-on physical therapy. Told things to me straight while making sure I understood the damage I had in my shoulder(s). And properly did not over-promise expected surgical or physical therapy results. Dr Marcus and his office and hospital staff made me feel they were totally tuned-in to and caring about MY medical condition and ME.

Posted on September 14th, 2017