Ophthalmologists, Surgical Specialist
3600 Gaston Ave
Ste 964
East Dallas, Dallas, TX 75246
214-826-7470
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

|  A HORRIBLY MISTREATED PATIENT OF AN EVIL DOCTOR  |  show details
Oct 9th, 2013

Dr. Slusher operated on both my eyes with horrible results. I am unable to see. My vision was much better prior to the surgery which HE said I needed. When I returned for follow-up with factual complaints he said I needed more surgery. Surprised? I firmly believe this doctor is simply after the money. I had been suspicious before I lost my vision as I had seen how he treated some of his patients while in the office. Should have listened to others! I had been referred to Dr. Slusher by another physician and trusted him. I strongly caution others to think twice before seeing this doctor. It would be my advice that he be removed from practice. The Opthalmology Association should take a look at this person!

|  Patient  |  show details
by Ann Shields on Sep 12th, 2013

He is the best eye doctor of all, very caring and makes you feel totally at ease. He also has a great staff. He has performed cataract surgery on both eyes and I could not have asked for a better surgeon.

|  Simply the best.  |  show details
Jul 9th, 2013

Highly educated and cares about his patients! Don't trust other negative reviews!!! There is a medical explanation for each (for example: some lenses only work in certain eyes, and THAT's likely why you received the lens that you did. A doctor wouldn't give you options that wouldn't work with your eye now would he...?)

|  show details
Jun 8th, 2013

He talks to people based on their race and social class. All that intelligence inside of a terrible human being. What a waste of a person.

|  bias, deceptive dr.  |  show details
Sep 10th, 2012

Dr. Slusher performed great cataract removal surgery. But, the type of lens implanted was deceptive. I trusted him wholeheartedly to put the best lens I cound have in my eye and was sadly disappointed. He never told me there are different types of lens... toric- you will need less dependence on glasses.He put monocular lens in my eye. Myself and another Lady in the waiting room discussed we hadn''t any idea there were different types. We got the bottom of the barrell. that's why we were the last set of people to be called into for followup-- because we were the different ones we were separated from the first set of people... We were the second class citizens... he treats people according to class..... And, as far as Im concerned he looks just like HUMPTY DUMPTY-- because guess what Slusher? THat's what you look like! I have worst vision Humpty than I ever had to read. I heard you talk to the other patients in the Surgery center and never visit me afterwards and have talked to people about you-- you treat people differently according to class...He is not so great -- with that round barrell of a stomach and face that only can be Dr. Humpty Dumpty!

|  show details
Feb 10th, 2012

I had the unfortunate experience of visiting Dr. Norman Slushers office at Baylor Hospital over the past few months. The first visit was fine. I was mostly tended to by the underlings that work there and the blessed by Dr. Slusher before I left. The initial visit was long. I got my prescription for new contact lenses and glasses and went along my merry way. For two months after that I battled an infection in my left eye. I tried to trouble shoot on my own is it my contacts? Am I working too much? Am I stressed? Is it my contact solution? Nothing helps or changes so I end up in my glasses with red eyes that scare away the masses. I make an appointment to see Dr. Slusher. He has no clue why I have the infection everything looks healthy. I get eye drops (prescription I go to pick up) and come back in a week for a follow up. At the follow up he spends 2 seconds looking at me (after the initial underling tried to check my eyes again and see if my prescription needed to be updated no thanks, please read my chart, you checked my eyes less than two months ago) he sends in the contact specialist also known as the creepy guy who during my first visit performed all the tests on me that the doctor should have done, to fit me with contacts. He asks a few questions about past brands that didnt work before showing me a price sheet of how much this contact fitting is going to cost me. $500 for my fitting because insurance doesnt cover it. I said no thanks. I asked if the doctor could write me a prescription for a new brand that I could try and they would not unless I did the $500 fitting. Seriously!? Thank you for my contact prescription that Im allergic to and leaving my in my glasses until I can find a new doctor, or let my eyes fall out wearing the contacts that you prescribed. I will never go back to that awful office. Three co-pays ($50 each = $150), three parking passes ($2 ea=$6) plus the outrageous charges that my insurance company had to pay that office and two eye infections later Ill pass on your D Magazine rated eye care. Fail.

|  Excellent physician!  |  show details
Oct 27th, 2009

Excellent physician. I highly recommend him.