Dr. Obadias Marquez MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 13 reviews

January 20th, 2016
Unfortunately, The office staff makes visiting this fine doctor unbearable. Let me explain because he didn't seem open to the advice the first 2 times their receptionist was rude. 1) They have a auto dial that calls you and says call us back for an urgent message. They take at least 10 minutes to answer the phone and 3 separate times they said they are unsure why it called me on my cell to begin with. 2) When I tried to pay immediately after my visit the receptionist kept insisting that it needed to go to my major medical insurance first and it would be asking her to commit medical fraud to just pay with my credit card. 3) The office manager was aware about how difficult her desk workers were and I specifically asked for her help to set my cash price, which she said was a 10% discount. I waited 20 minutes to settle my bill on 2 separate visits AFTER I had already been treated and had paid the price of $375 she gave me. The clerk kept arguing that if I had a balance I needed to pay that for an entirely different visit which was actually my first $70 visit. What a mess! 4) After over 2 hours of nonsense on 3 separate occasions for 1 rather successful visit, the offie manger called me back. I respectfully told her the billing issue that she agreed was incorrect. Then she profusely defended the front desk worker for being admittedly wrong on 3 counts. She explained why I should see the situation from her point of view. After I told her she can't be serious and I wouldn't be back and they are costing a good doctor patients, she sent me a letter the next week saying I wasn't welcome back. That last push is why I need to take another hour of my time to warn prospective patients to go elsewhere until this doctor learns to manage his workers that are all the opposite of he and his nurses respectful manner.

December 27th, 2015
Dr. Marquez is a very good doctor and now has great staff. Started going to him 10 years ago when Becky (loved her and she was a big compliment to his practice. I was sad when she took another position. Replacements were ok, but never had the quality, and felt his practice was suffering from it. Since his move to Ooltewah he now has staff that you can see the quality, and trust . Glad he is getting back to the practice he once had.

September 8th, 2015
Dr Marquez is not taking new patients, so agreed to see the PA. Waited 40 minutes after appointment time while 4 patients who arrived after my appointment time were called in. Decided that if they are too busy to see new patients within a reasonable timeframe, it's better to see another doctor/PA.

March 17th, 2015
Great Physician
Dr. Marquez always takes the time to listen. He and Stacy are both great. They don't try to rush you out of the office even when it is hectic.

December 29th, 2014
Dr. Marquez is a great doctor!!!! I feel he is the best in Cleveland. I have referred many people to him and they all love him. He listens to his patients, has a true concern for them. He will get to the bottom of the problem and not just write you a prescription and send you out the door. I would not go to anyone else.

September 20th, 2013
Incredible Doctor
He is the best Doctor in Cleveland. Compassionate, caring, and a very good Doctor.

September 26th, 2012
Very smart and good to his patients.

January 8th, 2012
Diagnosis and care has been excellent
Took a while to get in to see him but it was worth the wait and he was able to diagnose a problem 4 other GP's were not able to do. Spent plenty of time discussing the diagnosis in detail and aswered all questions with out rushing me. I was very impressed with the quality of care he delivered.

September 21st, 2010
He is the best
It is such a pleasure to have a doctor who actually listens to you, advises you and takes his time with you. He doesn't just write a script and send you on your way. He stays on top of all your concerns. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Marquez to anyone in need of an excellent doctor.

August 23rd, 2010
Dr. Marquez is very kind, caring and considerate. His knowledge is appreciated and does not put you on a medicines that you do not need. He is all about taking care of his patients!!

July 5th, 2010
I love Dr. Marquez... even though he sometimes has a long wait to get called back he usually spends as much time as needed answering your questions.... he has great bedside manner and is very knowledgable.

December 11th, 2009
My family went to him, but found we were diagnosing ourselves, telling him what prescriptions we wanted to be put on, and basically doing the doctoring. He never remembered previous information that was discussed, and didn't look at the big picture at all. My mother was able to be removed from 7 medications he had her on, and several had been causing problems that he had dismissed including dimentia. He is more a pharmacy than a physician using his medical knowledge to put together a picture and solve the problems you are having. There is very little concern for your general wellfare. I do not recommend him at all.