Anesthesiologists, Pain Management Specialist

Midlands Neurology And Pain Associates PA
4801 N Main St
Columbia, SC 29203
803-788-0038
Locations and availability (1)

1.0

Jun 26th, 2014

It is a SHAME that you have to give this practice even 1 star--if there was a way I could give it negative stars, it would get the absolute WORST NEGATIVE STAR ON THE CHART! I never realized that "medical practices" with this degree of incompetence even existed! The staff is extremely unprofessional, rude, and down right UNEDUCATED! At first I felt a slight level of ease and confidence that I had found a doctor who would address my chronic pain condition. THIS QUICKLY CHANGED, as after the first visit I was met with a great lack of compassion, and was treated like "something they scraped off of the bottom of their shoe". I was seen by a woman who was the "Physician's Assistant" who spoke to me like I was ignorant of the English language. After waiting in a stinky, overcrowded waiting room for over 5 hours, I was sent away with almost NO HELP with my medical condition. I was subjected to medical tests which were not needed, and billed for services that were never given. They NEVER return phone calls, and if you ask to be put on hold to speak with someone, you are left hanging forever, and at times, hung up on. I would NEVER refer ANYONE to this office, and I am seriously looking into ways of reporting this office to authorities for further investigation. Although I am with another doctor now, I shutter at the thought of this practice remaining open because other people will suffer. They put you on medications that you don't need, and never listen to (or address) what YOUR NEEDS ACTUALLY ARE! This is a HORRIBLE place, and as someone else said, I would not send my DOG there for treatment! This practice needs to be investigated, and shut down!!!

|  No way!!!  |  show details
by CSP on May 7th, 2014

Can you rate half a star?!Everyone I encountered treated me with such rudeness and I couldn't have asked for worse disrespect. Never even met the doctor. The staff have no communication, what can I say I went for my second visit and they put me in a room then after 30 mins come get me and tell me to wait in the corner of their lab in the back of the room in a corner I sat there for an hour watching the so called nurses and techs take pee samples and analyze them. One hour!!! Watching them measure pee in test tubes again as I said rude! They also assumed I was there for pain. Just because everyone else they see is. I agree with whoever said envision of the body snatchers it's dark and creepy in there and the staff look like they enjoy torturing people. And lastly nobody spoke clearly so it was also a guessing game Horrible place never going back horrible people need to do something about that crackpot joint it was horrible and I've been through some pretty horrible situations in my life this did not compare to the horrors I've expierenced.

Mar 11th, 2014

Staff is very incompetent. My veterinarian's place is cleaner than this place. Oh and my dog gets polite , kind, prompt care by a staff that is kind and professional.

Feb 12th, 2014

Extremely long waits in a crowded waiting room. Rude receptionist with a don't care attitude. Physicians Assistant is also very rude. I was trembling in pain and she asked why I was shaking, I told her it was pain. She shook her head and said it doesn't happen that way. What a uncaring, rude &#%@$!!! Little or no compassion.

|  unprofessional  |  show details
by manda on Jan 24th, 2014

The staff is rude and have no professionalism at all act uneducated. Dr. Ogburuog is very rude do not listen to concerns or cheif complain all he want is for patients to try meds like a drug addict. The office manager is unprofessional and a liar all they want is money and there is no billing department so ridiculous prices are charged and services that was never rendered is always billed to patients and medicare/medicaid...the medical records is a fake unprofessional not accurate at all and patients charts are all over the building in site of all patients in the area where med records are held also blood drawing there is no lab office at all the place is run down and just awful closing down will be great

|  Worst Experience Ever  |  show details
by Alexis on Jul 11th, 2013

My husband had a blackout over a year ago. We were sent there by the ER and in order for him to go back to work, we had no choice but to go. The office looks like a crack house and the way they have the patients hanging around, hooked up to IV's looks like something you see in a horror movie. The staff was rude and were more concerned about money than my husband. They preformed tests that weren't needed and the doctor claimed that he needed to go through much more testing and treatment than we later found out was called for. The machines used were old and rusty and dirty. We sat there for almost 6 hours in a cold, stinky office just to hear that he couldn't figure out what was wrong. It was awful! Went for a second opinion & found out all was well after only 45 minutes. This doctor and his practice is a joke! It doesn't even deserve ONE star, but it's required so...

|  awful  |  show details
Apr 17th, 2012

He was rude his staff was rude I waited to be seen all day and when given meds intravenously the needle broke in my arm my insurance was also charged for tests and proceedures never perfomed

|  Horrible  |  show details
Sep 8th, 2011

So not helpful also charged way too much for no help

|  Patient w/ a new Dr.  |  show details
Apr 18th, 2011

At first I thought he might really help w/ my problem. Then it seemed all he wanted to do was take my money. Charges ridiculous prices for everything. Staff doesn't return calls or adequately schedule tests. Staff is rude, unprofessional & uneducated. He ordered tests I didn't need, made me come for appts I didn't need. I sat there my LAST visit for 2 1/2 hrs. only to find he had...LEFT FOR THE DAY!

|  MR  |  show details
Sep 30th, 2010

This office and MD has to be the worst doctor and staff in the country. Staff is very rude, have to wait 5-6 hours. Md does not listen to the patient about their problems or concerns. I would not take my dog there!