Dr. Eleanya Ogburu-Ogbonnaya, MD
Anesthesiologist (pain control), Pain Management Specialist, Neurologist (brain, nervous system)

2.5

Aug 18th, 2016

Doc is wonderful. I love going to his office.

Sketchy! show details Sketchy!
Apr 26th, 2016

Walking into the building you are hit with a wave of mildew smell. Fill out approximately 30 pages of poorly worded questions. When I was called back I was taken to a room with an EMG machine, a house mattress (not a hospital bed!), and dirty rug that looks like it was purchased at Walmart. Before I met with the doctor and even completed the forms the girl wanted to preform an EMG. Before knowing any of my medical history, they planned on sticking me with needles in an unsanitary room. Thankfully I know my medical history and refused the test. As we waited for the doctor to talk to us we could hear every word being said in the waiting room. I had a horrible feeling about the place and decided to leave. I told someone I was leaving and they told the doctor. He kept saying make sure they fill out the paperwork. I feel he was just trying to Bill insurance for unnecessary test with no regard for the patient.

Horrible Practice and physician show details Horrible Practice and physician
Apr 4th, 2016

Please do not see this Dr.... I was a patient for almost a year. At first I thought he was great by ordering tests to find out what was really going on with my spine. It took me a year to get the results of these tests. After having a report for 8 months and telling me my previous surgical site was stable three other doctors and myself read the report and I'm now facing another surgery to fix a surgery from 4 years ago WHICH he over looked in the CT report. He then increased my level of medication and then sent me a letter in the mail a week later discharging me for no reason whatsoever. The wait times in this office can be up to 6 hours. After finding out I was going to have to have surgery I asked for a copy of my Tests to take to a surgeon and I was told that was disrespectful. However, it isn't disrespectful for a physician to lie about a CT report that resulted in me having to have surgery and instead just continue to pump me full of Narcotics??? This guy is highly unethical and should not be allowed to practice medicine. Especially when you are young and all you want is your problem fixed if it can be instead of medication. Every patient complains in the lobby 24/7. Worst experience especially when you are young and not just seeking meds but want your injury fixed..... Now I have to go without because with my insurance it's hard to find specialists AND there is a possibility my spine is unstable. So, unless you want further damage done I would highly suggest not seeing this Physician (if he should even be called one)

Mar 9th, 2016

This place is terrible. I went for one thing and it was never discussed and I had to wait over 2 hours.. Will never refer anyone here..

by Love my Doc on Feb 29th, 2016

I was greeted by a lovely young woman at the front desk. I was called to the back after a wait in the office. The girls in the back were firm but friendly. Physicians are very knowledgeable about their work and seem to genuinely care. The EEG tech was very proper and precise.

Staffing problems show details Staffing problems
Jan 1st, 2016

Dr. O is a wonderful doctor...great bedside manner...on the other hand his staff with the exception of one nurse named I think Bridget(spelling)...are the most unprofessional, lazy, incompetent group of people I've ever seen in a Doctors office

Rude Rude Rude show details Rude Rude Rude
Nov 17th, 2015

The doctor was great the onw time I saw him. Staff are terrible!! If you call they hang up on you. If you leave a message they will never call you back. If you go in you wait for hours. They do not close for lunch they just go while you wait in waiting room or in your room. You can hear everything in the paper thin walls. It os a horrible experience for someone in pain. They do not care. They perform unecessary tests. When visit is done you wait at a counter while they ask you private information and you hear others private information. They care about noone and whebln anyone is upset thw Bless them and are sarcastic. They do not care that you had a long drive. Waiting to find another doc after trying to see the doctor they wont let you. This is the worst experience of my life. Ive been there no less than 7 hours every time. Never go here!! They ask me am I there for suboxone. Im no dang addict! They dont look at my chart. They act like you need them and they can treat you any sort of way. They overbook and doc only sees new patients. I was there and another person not a doc was signing prescriptions but it said Dr Ogburu. This is a scam of a place.

Be aware!!! show details Be aware!!!
Nov 16th, 2015

Please check your insurance and what they are billing you for. They overcharge and bill for so many different things that I had no idea I even had performed. I had one visit and doc talked with me for a total of 5 minutes. Be aware of what you are signing. This place is a joke and I was referred here by another doctor who I thought I could trust. Even my insurance company denied several charges for being "unnecessary procedures"... They give you "new patient" form to fill out that is at least a 100 pages long and informed me that if I didn't that I couldn't see the doctor and now they are billing me for "filling out paperwork". I cannot believe a business like this is still running. I feel taken advantage of.

Unprofessional Rude, No accountability show details Unprofessional Rude, No accountability
Nov 16th, 2015

If I call, Im hung up on. Noone is there to speak about billing in person or on phone. Rude!! Hippa violation galor. You see here they respond to say they will work on attitude of staff. Every staff member puts off issues saying someone elses issue. Nurse Practioner forgets my isdies like Im a new patient each time. Might see her for 40 seconds at most. She says whats wrong with you. Most umprofessional unorganized mess.

Please save your time and money!! I left this place in tears with how rude the doctor and show details Please save your time and money!! I left this place in tears with how rude the doctor and
by Kristy on Oct 12th, 2015

d some of the staff were. I also called when I left since I cried the whole way home and talked to the center manager who also criticized me and said that I must have taken it out of context - so very RUDE!!!

Jul 21st, 2015

This office is not organize at all. No one answer there phone. Theresa makes ugly faces as you come in. She lets some people pay next time but other she wants to fuss. The billing manger is real rude and she hung up in my face. The staff in the back are nice but the nurse with the big eyes is rude and doesn't listen . They new lady can never do my pa right. I have called a million times. The other nurse in the corner is sweet. She help me complete my paper work. I was a new patient and I just want another dr. The dr there is excellent and listens to every need. He told me my plan I need and I'm going to follow it. Some people need a new attitude there

The worst show details The worst
Jul 3rd, 2015

Very rude and presumptuous. Does not take time to listen Staff has her poor customer service. If I didn't already pay the initial fee I'd go to another dr. It's been an awfulb4 month experience the worst in all of my 48 years

by Regina Haigwood on Jul 2nd, 2015

Great staff!! I have been coming here for 4 years and really have been treated great... I have fibromyalgia and although my symptoms change month to month, they are ready to listen and either provide me with test and/ or meds.

sister show details sister
by patty mattingly on Jun 29th, 2015

true long waits the place is packed could be cleaner but he helped my sister way more than the new dr in Batesburg ,I watched her suffer after leaving this dr,so he may not be perfect but way worse is out there,staff is overly rude btw.

by cassandra boulware on Jun 24th, 2015

This wasn't my choice of physician, but it was the only doc that would except my workers compensation claim... after dealer with this ofc for over 8 months with no type of relief, I finally decided to

Awful service show details Awful service
by Amanda S. on Jun 3rd, 2015

The staff is so rude and literally had me in tears.

Doctor's Response

Hello Amanda S., At Midland's Neurology and Pain Associates we are currently looking for more ways to enhance our patient experience. Can you elaborate on the event that took place and the rude comments made? We would greatly appreciate more information so that we can prevent such actions and ultimately provide our patients with the best medical care we can. ---Midland's Neurology and Pain Associates

May 18th, 2015

I have only had 1 appoint as of yet, so I do not want to make any assumptions about this physician yet.

Apr 14th, 2015

They need to work on a lot.

Apr 10th, 2015

if you want to spend your whole day waiting to be seen in the room then only getting 5 minutes of the drs time then go here. If you need a prior authorization have fun they dont care whether your out of your medication or not they dont put the patients need first.

Feb 1st, 2015

This place is unprofessional. No one cares about the patient. It's all money . The billing manger is really rude. She gets mad when you want to speak with her. Worse office ever. I can't put up with it . I never see the doctor only the nurse practitioner. She is not a neurologist. Looking for a new doctor. Don't be a new patient 6 hour wait time

,Good, show details ,Good,
by ,Derek Conner on Jan 26th, 2015

today was quicker than usual.

Mar 11th, 2014

Staff is very incompetent. My veterinarian's place is cleaner than this place. Oh and my dog gets polite , kind, prompt care by a staff that is kind and professional.

Worst Experience Ever show details Worst Experience Ever
by Alexis on Jul 11th, 2013

My husband had a blackout over a year ago. We were sent there by the ER and in order for him to go back to work, we had no choice but to go. The office looks like a crack house and the way they have the patients hanging around, hooked up to IV's looks like something you see in a horror movie. The staff was rude and were more concerned about money than my husband. They preformed tests that weren't needed and the doctor claimed that he needed to go through much more testing and treatment than we later found out was called for. The machines used were old and rusty and dirty. We sat there for almost 6 hours in a cold, stinky office just to hear that he couldn't figure out what was wrong. It was awful! Went for a second opinion & found out all was well after only 45 minutes. This doctor and his practice is a joke! It doesn't even deserve ONE star, but it's required so...

awful show details awful
Apr 17th, 2012

He was rude his staff was rude I waited to be seen all day and when given meds intravenously the needle broke in my arm my insurance was also charged for tests and proceedures never perfomed

Horrible show details Horrible
Sep 8th, 2011

So not helpful also charged way too much for no help

Patient w/ a new Dr. show details Patient w/ a new Dr.
Apr 18th, 2011

At first I thought he might really help w/ my problem. Then it seemed all he wanted to do was take my money. Charges ridiculous prices for everything. Staff doesn't return calls or adequately schedule tests. Staff is rude, unprofessional & uneducated. He ordered tests I didn't need, made me come for appts I didn't need. I sat there my LAST visit for 2 1/2 hrs. only to find he had...LEFT FOR THE DAY!

MR show details MR
Sep 30th, 2010

This office and MD has to be the worst doctor and staff in the country. Staff is very rude, have to wait 5-6 hours. Md does not listen to the patient about their problems or concerns. I would not take my dog there!