Psychiatrists
2604 Dempster St
Ste 307
Park Ridge, Park Ridge, IL 60068
847-544-5102
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

|  Kindness, Dignity & Respect  |  show details
by Paul Andrew Agronomoff on Mar 11th, 2013

Dr. Hong, 1..Is a skilled, caring physician. 2. She is a credit to the medical profession & a personification, of the Hippocratic oath. 3. She carries herself, with dignity, always showing sincere care & respect for hurting patients. She is a steller example of the dignity of the Korean people. She is blessed and is a blessing to all her patients. Sincerely and with deep gratitude, Paul A. Agronomoff

|  Dangerously inaccurate diagnosis  |  show details
Sep 16th, 2012

Failed to be interested enough or follow up on patient to deal with patient's violent outbursts. HER NEGLIGENCE CAUSED REAL HARM TO OTHERS. WOULD AVOID THIS DOCTOR AT ALL COSTS. OVER 100 COMPLAINTS HAVE BEEN FILED AGAINST HER.

|  Sad excuse for a psych  |  show details
Feb 6th, 2012

I wish I had never met this cruel & unprofessional excuse for a medical professional. She & her staff are some of the coldest & rudest people Ive ever encountered & are in the wrong line of work. A good psychiatrist makes an effort to listen & shows at least some semblance of compassion. Three months ago when I saw this particular doctor for my clinical depression, which had first been diagnosed many years ago, I found her to be on the callous side to say the least. She kept asking me the same questionsrepeating herself absent-mindedlywas arrogant with a very condescending tone. Ok Hong lacks professional ethics & showed no concern for me, a new patient, though I was clearly not feeling my best & in need of treatment for this legitimate medical condition. It is not easy for many to seek out help for their depression in the first place, not to mention the social stigma still existing with regard to mental illness of any kind. I certainly didnt get a sense of hope after that visit, which I did have with the doctors Ive seen in the past. In addition, they are trying to charge me the full amount for the visit, bypassing our excellent insurance coverage. I received a ludicrous bill for $300 for just a half an hour of this spiteful doctors timeoutrageous!! The person answering the phone claimed to accept my insurance, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, when I called to make the appointment, however, neither she nor her unprofessional staff followed through with our insurance carrier as they promised to. They claim there is a problem with the deductible, when we know for a fact the deductible was taken care of prior to that first (& last) visit.When I walked into her office for that first & last visit, her rude teenage receptionist added insult to injury by asking me if I had been drinking just because I was crying. Hello? I was there for the treatment of depression! No decent human being who works in a doctors office should expect a person walking in seeking help for depression to be happy as lark..., much less someone who should be trained in that capacitybut clearly wasnt. As I was observing others check in while waiting to see Ok Ro, I observed this young receptionist went out of her way to make me & other patients feel even worse than they did prior to walking in the door. Her staff should have plenty of experience with people who have been cryingthat is one of the more obvious telltale signs of depression--one does not need the credentials of M.D. to know that. This girl looked & acted like she just got out of Detention.Thank goodness I received a referral from my Internist to a wonderful psychiatrist since then. My Dr. was able to help me find a kind, considerate & extremely knowledgeable psych close to my home. Even though its a man & I prefer, as a woman, to have female doctors, after Ok Hong, who is a female, I no longer go by that policy. My new psych Dr. is kind & caring & has helped me a great deal. My family & I are happy, healthy, back on track & doing great. We are also expecting a new addition to our family in September. I wish the best of luck to all of you! Steer clear of money-grubbing phoneys like Ok Ro Hong. She should have her medical license taken away for treating people who are clearly in need of care & compassion so appallingly.