Dr. Ok Hong MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

February 12th, 2016
Genuinely caring doctor
As is with a lot of psychiatrist, she has very short appointment times which ALWAYS go over so be prepared to wait. This is because, in my opinion, she accepts too many patients. I do think this is because 1) lack of options through insurance 2) because she doesn't want to turn anyone away. HOWEVER, I feel she is a VERY genuinely caring doctor. She helped me get the help I needed after SO long of ignoring my problems. the big thing with psych is that medicine is really only part of it and you NEED a talk therapist in addition. I hope one day the field can accommodate/integrate cognitive behavioral therapy with psychotropics but unfortunately we are not there yet.

November 29th, 2015
I've been a patient of Dr.Hong for approx. 5 years and have found her to be kind, caring, genuinely concerned and very professional. She prescribes for me the best combination of medications and as a result I live a very improved life and am always able to be present and on-time for my job!

September 26th, 2015
Incompetent doctor
She was completely incompetent. She recommended medication without reading any test data. He approach is irresponsible. Do not go to this doctor.

May 7th, 2015
Dr. Hong is compassionate, knowledgable and works with you until she finds a solution. She is the best psychiatrist I have ever had.

March 25th, 2015
Basic knowledge and basic skills.

January 27th, 2015
find another doctor. do not go here
honesty this lady couldn't care less about how you feel. instead of trying to help you, she'll tell you something along the lines of "suck it up because that's life." my first visit she prescribed me medicine that lasted me quite a while. when i came back to her for more she acted like i was lying about how i feel and it was beyond rude. she made it seem like i shouldn't be feeling the way i do and that it's not okay. she doesn't believe anything you tell her and she is not comforting at all. i left there feeling very uncomfortable. she is supposed to HELP people who feel a certain way but instead acts like its the worlds biggest chore to see you. not only is she not good at what she does but her staff is rude and takes their sweet time doing things that should be done right away. that building is full of people who could care less about you. please find someone different than Ok Ro Hong because she will not help you let alone even act like she wants to. total waste of money.

November 24th, 2014
We love Dr. Hong
Dr. Hong has been working with my children for quite a few years now. Over the years, I have heard complaints about Dr. Hong; but I never have experienced what others are saying. She is sweet, caring, generous with her time, has a great sense of humor and does a great job of handling tough situations. Her pharmacology knowledge seems to be current and she always weighs the various factors when prescribing meds. We have had some EXTREMELY challenging situations which Dr. Hong has walked through with us. Personally, I think good psychiatrists are hard to come by. We've stuck with her for probably 8 years and will continue to work with her.

September 16th, 2012
Dangerously inaccurate diagnosis
Failed to be interested enough or follow up on patient to deal with patient's violent outbursts. HER NEGLIGENCE CAUSED REAL HARM TO OTHERS. WOULD AVOID THIS DOCTOR AT ALL COSTS. OVER 100 COMPLAINTS HAVE BEEN FILED AGAINST HER.