Overall Review

3.9

September 14th, 2016
Uncaring Staff
My daughter tried to make an appointment with Dr. Johnson because her prolonged illness has her concerned about pneumonia. Dr. Johnson was assigned as her primary care physician by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas because of a change in her insurance plan. Although her previous physician is still in her new plan, she cannot change her primary care physician back because BCBSTX is in a blackout period to update their records. My daughter (who is sick today) tried to make and appointment to see Dr. Johnson today, but was told that he was not accepting new patients for 2 weeks and that she should change her primary care physician back to her previous doctor. When she explained that she could not due to the blackout period, she was told that there was nothing that they could do. They asked if she STILL wanted to make an appointment 2 weeks from today. Her options today are a quickie clinic or paying 100 percent of the cost to see her previous primary care physician. I understand that this situation has a lot to do with the crappy healthcare in the US, but Dr. Johnson's staff is also part of that larger problem because they do not have compassion Here is part of the Hippocratic Oath that Dr. Johnson swore by to become a doctor - " ...I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick....I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm..." The culture in Dr. Johnson's office fails to live up to either the letter or the spirit of that oath. They are an uncaring lot whose purpose in life seems bereft of any higher purpose beyond following arbitrary rules in pursuit of a paycheck.

February 27th, 2014
No-nonsense Doctor
I hadn't been to the doctor in years before I went to Dr. O. Johnson. I was literally scared because of my past experiences with other doctors. He seemed a little ridged at first, but he has always gave me the right diagnosis. He has always been on point. It has been almost been 20 years since I trusted a doctor...THANK GOD FOR DR.JOHNSON:)

April 25th, 2012
Good Professional Physician
Dr. Johnson has been my doctor of over ten years. Easy appt. schedules and timely follow-up. Very knowledgeable of medical conditions in his field and does not hesitate to refer if necessary. He is not available 5 days a week due to hospital work schedule. I definitely would recommend Dr. Johnson as PC Provider.

October 20th, 2011
Please do not go to this facility. Learn from my mistake
I will never go back to this piece of a doctors office. Not only did i have to go back to finish a doctors appointment that should have taken no more than an hour and a half but I had to wait almost a month to get test results back. I told the doctor that I could not take a certain type of medication and she prescribed it anyways what kind of mess is that. There are no sinks in the examining rooms and the patient cover-ups are tethered and worn out.