Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner

2.0

• Currently 2.1923076923077 of 4 stars
 |  Horrible!!!!!  |  show details
by Diane on Dec 19th, 2014

Worst doctor and staff ever!!! Very unprofessional. The receptionist is beyond rude. Doctor Harwer is cold and completely disconnected. She treats you as if you are an inconvenience to her. She spends as little time with you as possible, does not answer simple questions and obviously cares nothing about her patients.

|  It's 27 years later....I heard her name mentioned negatively even now.  |  show details
Oct 17th, 2014

I was one of Dr .Olina Harwer's very early in her practice, 1987 in Tustin CA I was new Mom of a 9 mo. infant. I waited over an hour for her to enter the exam room. She saw me nursing my little girl and told me that it was most important to wean her now...that it was 'ridiculous' for me to continue and then asked if I had a husband in the home. Bizarre. She left the room, I was crying when she returned. She had a cold stare and said I needed antibiotics and then asked if she could administer what ever vaccines were timely for my daughter. I was feeling so pressured and inadequate that I said ok. She turned, left the room, sent in the nurse for the immunization shots and that was all I saw of her that day. I had to return twice in the following mos. to get her to sign the little yellow record card of 'shots' and she refused to. Cold, ANGRY, discouraging and demeaning=Dr. Olina E. Harwer.

|  Angry Doctor!  |  show details
by Rick Stephens, Professional Evaluator of Medicare doctors. on Mar 26th, 2013

Dr. Harwer is a dermatologist, not a medical doctor. I have seen so many specialist for my heart, asthma, sleep apathy, and depression, I know. I switched insurance and Dr. Harwer is what I got. On my first visit to establish a primary care doctor under CalOptima, after an hour wait, Dr. Harwer couldn't be bothered to read my cardiologist's letter, typed prescription list, or medical records from specialists regarding my health. During my super short, 5 minute exam, Dr. Harwer became more annoyed as I spoke. She has no patience and has the bedside manner of black widow spider. Botox injections make her money, health patients cost her money. The staff tries to make up for the horrible medical care. After being assured by the receptionist that my heart meds were e-faxed to my nearby Costco Pharmacy, I find out Costco doesn’t accept Optima. After five days of constant calls Dr. Harwer had not even looked at my prescription list or wrote out a prescription. I switched doctors. Unless you want botulism injections in face so you can look like blown up Puffer Fish, go to any other doctor. Rick Stephens 949.391.5498 or scocstephens@gmail.com

Nov 11th, 2012

Dr. Harwer is very courteous and professional and is the only doctor I've had that I trust completely. Her no-nonsense approach to discussions and direct communication style are a refreshing change from other doctors I've had before I came for my first visit with her.

|  Caring and well organized  |  show details
Oct 10th, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Harwer for many years. Also working in the medical profession I have experienced many medical offices and Dr. Harwer runs a "tight ship" a very well run and very dedicated staff. She and her crew are very efficient and very friendly. Top of the line.

|  Worst Dr. Ever!  |  show details
Sep 12th, 2012

Dr. Harwer is the worst Dr. I have ever seen. Very unprofessional!! You will wait forever to see her and when you do she will give you five minutes and try to diagnose you without even asking you questions. She will not listen to you let alone even let you speak. She wants to be in and out as fast as she can so she can make her money. If you want to speak about more than one health issue you have to make another appt. Be careful how you use your 5 minutes because it is all you get. I left her office in tears after being treated so horribly. DO NOT GO TO THIS DR!!

Sep 12th, 2012

I think I was more frustrated everytime I asked her a question regarding my symptoms she said its normal, I asked to be referred to a specialist and she said no because I was fine. With the high copay im paying id expect more than 5 minutes of her time each appointment, ive gone twice in a week and the first time she failed to notice an infection that got worse. She told me I was fine

|  Find another physician!  |  show details
Aug 22nd, 2012

I had a UTI that was diagnosed at an urgent care but the antibiotics did not cure the problem so I saw doctor Harwer for a refill. She did no examination and was only in the room for 5 minutes. I swore that I would not come back last time because she ran so many expensive tests that I couldn't afford all the office visit company's and she refused to give me the results until I did. Her personality is like a robot with any feeling. She doesn't even ask how I am when she enters the room. I am can canceling my appointments for tests next week and will find a new doctor.

Jun 15th, 2012

I am not sure where the other reviews are coming from. I called in for an appointment, got an appointment the same day, and I only had to wait less then 5 minutes in the waiting room. Also, the doctor took her time and explained everything to me in great detail, and addressed all of my concerns. The back office gal, Jennifer, was very pleasant, and gave me one of the least painful blood draws to date.

|  will not go back to her  |  show details
Jun 8th, 2012

very expensive,,,no time always in a rush ..never follows up with phone call or ..how are you doing. cares about money first.if you have insurance does not do a lot of good..she wants her money,now up front...find another doctor..this place is like a factory...

|  THE FRONT OFFICE...  |  show details
May 29th, 2012

MY DOCTOR IS AWESOME AND REALLY KNOWLEDGEABLE, HER M.A. IS KIND AND ALWAYS HELPFUL, THE FRONT OFFICE NEEDS SOME WORK!

|  Very good and professional doctor.  |  show details
May 11th, 2012

Help is # 1 for Olina Harwer M.D. !!!!!

|  Never felt less cared for  |  show details
Mar 27th, 2012

She treated me like a piece of dirt and later told me it's because I was an HMO. If I was a PPO then I'd be a VIP. Well considering the disgusting office she works out of not sure how she gets any VIPs here. She was rude, short and didn't explain anything. I felt like I was in a factory. Horrible. Never went back

Dec 8th, 2011

I have been going to Dr. Harwer for 11 years now. She is the best! She is honest, caring and very accurate.

Oct 8th, 2011

Wait time was an hour. Receptionist very sloppy and unprofessional looking. All the employees smelled like cigarettes and the girl that brought me back smelled like she just came back from a long cigarette break. I had a allergy/asthma attack just from being there

Jan 28th, 2011

One of the worst doctors around. Hour plus wait time. Rude receptionist. Doctor misdiagnosed a simple injury. Do yourself a favor and never go to this doctor!

Jul 15th, 2010

I would not recommend this Doctor to anyone. Her receptionist is short, rude and unprofessional. The Dr. is alway in a hurry, each time I left I felt that I wasn't heard that the Dr. wanted to do all the talking. Waiting room was dirty, walls, floor and windows needed to be cleaned. Overall don't go!!

Jun 13th, 2010

Office staff are extremely rude and unprofessional. Wait time is at least 30 minutes or more. Dr. just keeps ordering more tests, with no direction. Have to make an appointment to get results, even for blood work, can be costly.

Dec 9th, 2009

Everything that is wrong with western medicine is exemplified at Dr. Harwer's office. Clueless front office staff, a doctor who is looking to make a quick buck any way she can. You'll spend far more time in the waiting room than you ever will with Dr. Harwer. Get 'em in,Get 'em out, collect a co-pay and bill the insurance...that's what you'll find here.

by Walt D. Mahaffa, Esq. on Nov 26th, 2009

I have used Dr. Harwer for 20 years. She is an excellent physician and stays up to date on new developments in medicine. I trust her judgment as a professional, to the extent that I allow her to treat my sons.

Sep 3rd, 2009

great bedside mannerspent a lot of time with me

|  Rude and Unorganized Staff  |  show details
Jul 9th, 2009

They were extremely rude and unorganized. They scheduled many patients for the same appointment time. They also said they scheduled two of my appointments for a certain time but they did not. I showed up and they said they did not have me on the schedule even though they gave me an appointment card for that time and date. So frustrating!

|  Doctor should rethink being in Family Medicine  |  show details
Jun 11th, 2009

This doctor did not want to help me with my actual ongoing medical problems but instead tried to make me think I had other problems that did not exist. Should stick to Laser Spa business.

|  My doctor is the best  |  show details
by Craig North on May 22nd, 2008

Doctor is very educated and up to date, she cares about her patients and I can get appointment same day.Office is organized ,uses electronic medical records and all equipment is brand new.