Dr. Olina Harwer MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.4

May 2nd, 2016
I think she's fabulous! She's easy to talk to. I thank God she's able to draw blood from me, when others can't. She's keeping me healthy and not judging me when we speak. Always listening, and it go's both ways. Very thorough, she doesn't miss anything. One of the best Doctors I've ever had.

February 4th, 2016
The worst
She is about money and has the worst staff ever. Never will see her again.

June 16th, 2015
Worst experience with a doctor ever
Dr. Harwer was incredibly rude and unprofessional, she said "too may questions you have!" Really?!!! I'm asking my doctor too many questions?!!! No, too few answers you have. I went to her requesting a referral to a specialist, which she refused to give me, because she wanted to diagnose and treat my issues herself. No, thanks! What is her motivation to refuse a referral... money? She didn't even touch me, or look closely at the issues, she was across the room from me. I've never had a doctor diagnose me from across the room before. I doubt that is proper. Worst experience with a doctor ever.

June 12th, 2015
WORST DOCTOR EVER
I recently saw Dr. Harwer for the first time and it was THE WORST experience I have ever had at a doctor's office. I should have known Dr. Harwer was going to be a huge disappointment when I overheard her yelling at her staff while I sat in the waiting room. Upon entering Dr. Harwer's office, (which looks like an old, run down walk-in clinic), the front office person immediately took my picture, explaining that they needed my photo for my chart. What doctor requires a photo in his/her patients' charts?? She then had me fill out numerous pages of medical history which was a complete waste of time, as it was quite obvious Dr. Harwer did not even review it before seeing me. I waited an hour and a half only to be rushed through a 5 minute appointment. Dr. Harwer was abrupt, rude, unprofessional, and showed no compassion or sincerity what-so-ever. When I mentioned that I have a persistent cough, she rudely interrupted me, saying that my "insurance co-pay was only covering the well woman exam" and that I would "have to schedule a separate appointment to discuss the cough." Are you kidding me?? My cough was the #1 reason why I made the appointment. She then said, "you seem fine." Excuse me, but I have had this cough for several months now, but she wouldn't know since she refused to discuss it with me. Then, Dr. Harwer said that due to my age and "if I didn't want to have a stroke or heart attack," I "should stop taking birth control pills" and my "husband should have a vasectomy." What??!! She did not even bother to discuss alternate methods of birth control with me. Not only is her bedside manner HORRIBLE, Dr. Harwer is not gentle at all when performing a routine pap. She rushed through the exam, was rough with me, (it was painful) and did not even try to make me feel at ease or comfortable. She's a terrible listener and couldn't even get my simple prescription refill correct (I had written it twice on her ridiculous medical forms AND told her what I currently take). There were a few things I wanted to discuss with Dr. Harwer, but she did not even allow me to ask any questions or voice my health concerns. She should NOT be a doctor. It's obvious she's more interested in promoting her side dermatology business, as her entire counter is filled with cosmetic brochures on BOTOX, etc. Overall, this was the WORST medical experience of my life (I literally walked out in tears) and I would strongly discourage anyone from going to her. I will never go back to her.

February 9th, 2015
Accurate and Caring!
I have been a patient of Doctor Harwer's for about 14 years. Her diagnosis is always accurate and she saved me thousands of dollars for unnecessary procedures that another doctor recommended. My 24 daughter has also been a patient of hers for about 14 years. She absolutely loves her. I highly recommend her.

January 16th, 2015
Staff was fine, Dr. Harwer is something else! Do not go if you have HMO....she reminded me every visit that I would have much better care if I switched to a PPO! I put up with her for 2 years....move on!

January 14th, 2015
The receptionist is rude, unprofessional, and uneducated in the way she treats patients and their families. Dr. Harwer has no bedside manner, refuses to call patients back, and every time you have a question or need a prescription you are forced to schedule another appointment so she can bill your insurance company. She is demeaning and I wouldn't recommend her to anyone. She takes advantage of patients and spends as little time as possible with them. She only cares about making money off your insurance company. Be aware....

December 19th, 2014
Horrible!!!!!
Worst doctor and staff ever!!! Very unprofessional. The receptionist is beyond rude. Doctor Harwer is cold and completely disconnected. She treats you as if you are an inconvenience to her. She spends as little time with you as possible, does not answer simple questions and obviously cares nothing about her patients.

October 17th, 2014
It's 27 years later....I heard her name mentioned negatively even now.
I was one of Dr .Olina Harwer's very early in her practice, 1987 in Tustin CA I was new Mom of a 9 mo. infant. I waited over an hour for her to enter the exam room. She saw me nursing my little girl and told me that it was most important to wean her now...that it was 'ridiculous' for me to continue and then asked if I had a husband in the home. Bizarre. She left the room, I was crying when she returned. She had a cold stare and said I needed antibiotics and then asked if she could administer what ever vaccines were timely for my daughter. I was feeling so pressured and inadequate that I said ok. She turned, left the room, sent in the nurse for the immunization shots and that was all I saw of her that day. I had to return twice in the following mos. to get her to sign the little yellow record card of 'shots' and she refused to. Cold, ANGRY, discouraging and demeaning=Dr. Olina E. Harwer.

November 11th, 2012
Dr. Harwer is very courteous and professional and is the only doctor I've had that I trust completely. Her no-nonsense approach to discussions and direct communication style are a refreshing change from other doctors I've had before I came for my first visit with her.

October 10th, 2012
Caring and well organized
I have been a patient of Dr. Harwer for many years. Also working in the medical profession I have experienced many medical offices and Dr. Harwer runs a "tight ship" a very well run and very dedicated staff. She and her crew are very efficient and very friendly. Top of the line.

September 12th, 2012
Worst Dr. Ever!
Dr. Harwer is the worst Dr. I have ever seen. Very unprofessional!! You will wait forever to see her and when you do she will give you five minutes and try to diagnose you without even asking you questions. She will not listen to you let alone even let you speak. She wants to be in and out as fast as she can so she can make her money. If you want to speak about more than one health issue you have to make another appt. Be careful how you use your 5 minutes because it is all you get. I left her office in tears after being treated so horribly. DO NOT GO TO THIS DR!!