Dr. Oliver Benton III MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 9th, 2016
Recommendation
I have been a patient for 6 years and have kidney stone removal surgery once. At Plaza Urology I am always seen with 15 minutes of arrival. The staff and Dr. Benton are always helpful and pleasant. I would and have recommended Dr. Benton and Plaza Urology to many friends.

July 14th, 2015
My husband went to see Dr benton. He did his surgery for cancer. This has been a few yrs. We are worried it will come back. He will NOT order a PET scan to make sure. He says my husband is now "cancer free". How does he know????????All I can say is I HOPE he is cancer free. I have talked to several people and they have NO confidence in him. His office staff is very rude and you have to wait at least an hour and a half just to get back to a treatment room. Please think twice before you go to this office!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 8th, 2014
staghorn stone
Thank you dr benton for seeing me and referring me to dr foley .although you didn't do the surgry you was very nice to me and got me help. I don't know who I would have got if it wasn't for your help.thanks dr.benton

June 1st, 2013
COMPLAINT
Dr. Benton bamboozled me and my wife. During my initial office visit he was very polite, cordial and explained the problem I was having so that we understood it. He set up surgery in a prompt fashion and all this was great. It was the post-op treatment that I received from him that ended all faith and trust I had in this doctor. He spoke with me one time for a brief moment before surgery and never again before I left the hospital. He didn't even speak to my wife except by phone even though she was in the waiting room during the whole surgery. He sent me home with insufficient pain medication to last me the weekend and since my surgery was late Friday afternoon I am now left to suffer with the pain. He also sent me home with a drain still in my scrotum that my wife had to remove later the next day. Thank God she is in the medical profession, but it still felt really great as you can imagine! I would never recommend this doctor to anyone unless you are a pain freak and enjoy that part of surgery/recovery. This makes the 3rd major surgery I've had in the last four months and I would recommend both other surgeons gladly because they showed the compassion that this man seems to lack. Now I pay for my own insurance and feel that I deserve better than the treatment I received from this doctor Benton! I wouldn't take my cat to someone like him because we love our cat, therefore I wouldn't recommend this doctor to even my enemies!!!!! Dr. Benton you really dropped the ball with my case and I want you to know I really Appreciate it!!!!!!!! I hope your other patients have better luck than I did with you!!!!

March 19th, 2010
I would rate Dr. Benton and his staff with a 10. They are always very kind and professional and well prepared for their job. A good experience.

January 19th, 2017