Dr. Oliver Biggers MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 25th, 2017
Serious Warning
After reading the Gentleman's posting dated April 27, 2012 I felt compelled to post this review. I had surgery to remove some polyps at the age of 35. After surgery I also was in constant pain and was passing blood with stools. Dr Biggers repeatedly told me nothing was wrong and dismissed my claims. I had to seek help from another Dr who within 2 to 3 minutes found a fistula and contacted Dr Biggers. Biggers performed surgery that "supposedly" fixed the problem. However, things never seemed quite right. Then 5 years later another Dr discovered problems . I called Dr Biggers office that day about my patient records and his assistant said they had them. My new Dr. called Biggers office the next day and the assistant now said they had been disposed of. Very dirty Dr. , disgusting attempt at a cover up. Ignore the ratings, I wouldn't go near.

February 2nd, 2017
Nice guy, very experienced
Had surgery with him 10 days ago. Initial visit was very informative, he did a great job explaining what was wrong and how we would go fit it. Surgery day went well. Just scheduled my follow up.

April 3rd, 2016
Not impressed, focuses too much on insurance and not your problem, stay away
I went to see Dr. Biggers, not be berating but my experience with him told me that with doctors always go with your "gut feeling" it tells you a whole lot and is usually right. Ok onto the specifics - when I consulted with him on my issue, his first reaction was need a new colonoscopy - he then talked about how he needs data to "prove to insurance" - all he talked about was how insurance needs convincing - I then got admitted to the hospital for the condition and he came by literally for 30s - not very thorough, does not spend enough time talking to you about your issue or making your feel comfortable, very unimpressive, glad I did not go to him for my surgery

August 16th, 2015
Great doctor

March 26th, 2015
Review from a very particular nurse
Fantastic surgeon . I couldn't ask for better care . Highly recommended !

February 27th, 2015
i hope the hemorrhoids surgery helps me but it doesn't
The hemorrhoids surgery didn't get the piles off me!

June 17th, 2013
Saved my life
Dr Biggers is an amazing surgeon. 14 years ago he performed a complicated j pouch surgery and my life was not only saved but gave me my life back to raise 2 young girls and be there for my wife as well. Thank you! He is a good man as well.

February 24th, 2013
Gave me my life back
Dr. Biggers is an excellent professional with a compassionate and kind manner. He not only saved me from certain death; his skilled surgical techniques gave me a complete recovery. A life free from pain. I cannot express my respect and gratitude enough. I would not hesitate to endorse Dr. Biggers to anyone needing his services.

October 20th, 2012
very caring and expert doctor
He was really good in diagnosis. Caring for me and the pain i was in. He accomodated me multiple times without an appointment due to the situation. I also had a friend that was very happy with him and she even went through a surgery with him. Highly recommend Dr. Oliver Biggers.

July 8th, 2012
Not great with follow up. Not easily available .

April 27th, 2012
Avoid Dr. Biggers
I went to Dr. Oliver Biggers for Hemorrhoidectomy surgery, 2 years later still have painful after-effects. After the surgery, I was in so much pain that I had to go to the ER twice because he did not return my calls regarding pain management. The ER doctors questioned why he didn't inform me of all pain management options; I asked Dr. Biggers their question, and he said, "ER doctors are idiots! They don't know anything!" and that he was going to, "personally call that ER doctor to tell her off, because she should not be questioning my authority, and she is young enough to be my daughter!" He told me and my wife that I, "am just overly anxious, nothing is wrong with your surgery." The ER doctors and my Primary Care told me that it was Dr. Biggers' responsibility as my surgeon to control my recovery and pain management, but no one from his office followed up with me or my wife, and I was trying to figure out how to dose the various painkillers that had been prescribed with no guidance, until my wife took me to my Primary Care, while I continued to be in excruciating pain. After reviewing my situation and hearing of Dr. Biggers' bizarre response towards valid opinions of other doctors, my Primary Care informed me that I have the right to good patient care, that she would not work with a surgeon who was not willing to work with other doctors, and she sent me to another Colo-Rectal surgeon. The new surgeon examined me, and discredited Dr. Biggers by telling me that I did indeed have a serious medical issue that was causing the excruciating pain, and that I was not, "just being overly anxious." The new surgeon said that I had painful fissures due to the surgery, and he started treating the fissures. Eventually, the new surgeon also discovered that the surgery had not only caused fissures, but also resulted in a painful fistula infection which was causing extreme pain and bleeding during bowel movements. At this point, I had been in horrible pain for about 5 months, and the new surgeon had to perform 2 more rectal surgeries to remove several fissures and the fistula. Needless to say, my body will never be the same, and I cannot recommend Dr. Biggers to anyone. The positive reviews confuse me, so I thought that I should finally tell my negative experience with Dr. Biggers.

October 8th, 2011
Excellent care
I needed a cancerous colorectal tumor removed, complete bowel resection, colostomy bag, the works. The tumor was in a difficult location, and we interviewed 3 different surgeons, 2 of whom couldn't guarantee that I would be able to make a complete recovery. Dr. Biggers was head and shoulders above the rest. He and his team did a great job with surgery, managing pain, and follow up. The entire process went exactly as he said it would. Don't confuse his confidence for ego; the man knows what he is doing, and frankly, I WANT the guy holding the scalpel to be confident! Best care anywhere.